realistic macro size let me hear your opinion

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Killosk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:22 am

Depends on a number of factors. As is stands, growing a human to an enormous size wouldn't work, as our bones would break and crush beneath the weight of our own self. Same goes for pretty much all land animals. I won't even bother delving into the ecological ramifications involved in an environment with a nigh-invincible animal who is exponentially larger than anything else around it.

Really, macrophilia? It's a nice fantasy, but it's just that.
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Chaswari » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:34 am

The alternative would be to have regular sized people interact with really small ones - which won't work either, because brains probably need to be of a certain size in order to display some so-called intelligence. And without intelligence there are no buildings to topple over, no vehicles to flatten and most importantly, no indescribable suffering. Boring.

Well, looks like nobody of us will ever see his demented fantasies come true, which we all should be grateful for.
Chaswari
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Li » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Elephants and whales' brains are bigger than human, but....

Perhaps one day in the future some crazy scientists can carry out our ... evil plan.
I CAN WAIT NO LONGER~~~!!! :twisted: Wa ha ha ha ha ha ha ... cough, cough, cough....

Okay... I'm juse being mean...

:? There are so many impossible fantasy in human being's small brain. The Magic, Time machines, Dragons, Teeth Fairys, Father Christmas, Supermen, Superwomen, Superbaby, Superdog.... Most of us know the truth, but seldom people want be the person who break them, right?
Please be kind to those less fortunate...
Character information
My FA
Li
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby xxDrewmanxx » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 am

in my opinion, that's not macro O.o. Its only my opinion though :D
I thought the 4 x's in my username would make me appear as if I most dangerous macro the universe can contain. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly, at the time...

My FurBase! http://furbase.bigfurs.com/display.php?id=2905
xxDrewmanxx
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Rattus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:38 am

Chaswari wrote:The alternative would be to have regular sized people interact with really small ones

I hope not. That always gave me the skeevies. There are suggested relationships between size and lifespan, and explicit ones between size and gestation in biology, and really small people, already reduced to having to conform to our world would be much more akin to annoying vermin than fun stompage for play. Almost like a super cockroach.

That and with less weight things are more 'durable'. By that I mean it is not easy to always break that which is smaller. Average human, if picked up to an elevation of twice his height over a solid ground, will break bones when falling if sturdy, and likely die if not (like say, an elderly man). You do the same for a really small mouse-sized person, or even a mouse, and they barely get out an 'unf' before scurrying off, frightened but quite well.

It all has to do with shock forces and acceleration of gravity, scaling things down is always less fun than up though...

Chaswari wrote:because brains probably need to be of a certain size in order to display some so-called intelligence.

There is an idea that's been rolled around that states most brain activity goes towards monitoring and controlling the mundane nuts-and-bolts operation of the body, in keeping eyes on organs, moving muscles, but especially in maintaining metabolism and keeping the core heat in the narrow range where chemical processes in the cells work in overdrive, but without boiling themselves to integrity loss. In the grand scheme of things, afterall, a fever and hypothermia really are not that far off on the temperature scale. And it's all localized (why it feels hot when you rub an infected wound's area for instance). That's a lot of sensors (nerves) and used up processing power.

Although, at some point it would be impossible to assemble neurons within to small an area, and that's part of the reason why so many bugs just have nerve bundles for brains that youcan sever without immediate death (they starve with no head).

Li wrote:There are so many impossible fantasy in human being's small brain. The Magic, Time machines, Dragons, Teeth Fairys, Father Christmas, Supermen, Superwomen, Superbaby, Superdog.... Most of us know the truth, but seldom people want be the person who break them, right?

Aren't most human sexual fantasy's just varying mixes of violating social mores and powerplay, though?
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Li » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:32 am

Rattus wrote:Aren't most human sexual fantasy's just varying mixes of violating social mores and powerplay, though?

:| ......
Maybe..., but it's hard to say...
It's impossible to check every people's mind. So.... I don't know :cry:

... Do you think those are bad things?
Last edited by Li on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character information
My FA
Li
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Not bad per se, but just limited. Like being given a choice of a million soft drink varieties which basically boil down to sugar and carbonated water.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Li » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:01 am

:? At least, no one said that daydreaming is unlawful...
And people always feel boring if there was nothing to do... isn't it? However, it is unhealth to daydream all days, just like we shouldn't have too much soft drinks...
Character information
My FA
Li
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Pikachu » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Going by stats on dinosaurs, I'd say about 15-20 feet would be the upper limit for a biped.

Some dinosaurs had very long necks that could reach 3x that high though, but those are quarupeds, and the body itself was still no taller than 15-20 feet.

So basically, you might be able to have someone 3x as tall as an average human.

But they'd have to be built like an elephant, with stocky legs, because mass doesn't merely double when you double someone's height while maintaining proportions, it becomes 8x greater.

So maybe a 13' foot tall clydesdale furry would work. Or a 15' foot tall elephant. Or maybe a 11' wolf if it was really muscular like a werewolf.

The world's tallest man was an inch shy of 9', which I think is about the height of an average ceiling, just to give you an idea.
Pikachu
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Macro Chat