The Cancer that is Killing /M/

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Cosmic-Riptide » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:46 am

maxx mann wrote:I really wonder how most people view this place. Do they view themselves as the owners? Or as guests of Duncan and Bennie?

I'm a guest. ...After all I'm not paying for this service.

At the same time though, I think that the staff should be open to criticism. If they're interested in keeping this place user friendly than they'll be interested in the input of it's members.

If they were not interested in input, then they would never bother with responding to anything.

As of late though the staff responses appear to be at a trickle. They don't seem to be weighing in on as much as they used to. This leads to prodding, which leaves the user base scratching their heads and the staff probably fairly agitated.
I wanna hear you crunch!!
Cosmic-Riptide
Gojira
Gojira

Postby maxx mann » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 am

Actually my questions were not directed to any "one" member, but to all members. More or less in retrospect about behaviour as guests in someone else's... home, for lack of a better description.

Criticism is good, as long as it's constructive. I would hope to see members trying to improve this place if necessary. But tearing it down, with useless jabs, insults and slams is a waste of everyone's time. The same definitely goes for how we treat each other too. Simply because WE, make up this place... as a community. As for policy, whatever policy there might be, belongs solely to our hosts. I believe as guests we are welcome to come.... and go as we like.

Although I do hate to see good people abandon this place instead of contributing to it. Obviously the more good people who stay here, the better this place will.... grow! :wink:
maxx mann
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby The Blue Mage » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:27 am

Am I like the only guy here who fails to really see a problem around here, apart from a dwindle in content and meaningful post, a problem that many forums go through in their cycles?
It is a glorious thing, a thing to be a pirate king.
The Blue Mage
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby maxx mann » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:29 am

Cosmic-Riptide wrote:At the same time though, I think that the staff should be open to criticism. If they're interested in keeping this place user friendly than they'll be interested in the input of it's members.

I definitely understand your point. Although I'm often RL slammed and can't get online as much as I would like to. My impression, which is only a guess, is that both Bennie and Duncan are pretty RL busy too. And running this place, behind the scenes, might be tough enough to squeeze in as it is. So I wonder, if I were a mod here and slammed for time, how much would I get involved in daily grievances and such? I don't really see any huge problems here myself, just some normal static that comes and goes from time to time.

Perhaps a suggestion box, but really we already have one. Like this thread, and threads like this that pop up. The thing I do like about this kind of thing is that you get to see who's really interested in making this a better place. I can only suggest if a member sends a mod a pm and doesn't get a response, give it time. I've sent one I think, which I believed developed into a few back and forth. I don't remember exactly how fast they got answered, but they did get answered.

Like yourself, I think most of us here have a good attitude for making this a great community. I think one of the best things we can do, is to stay. To stay together and keep contributing in any positive way we can.
maxx mann
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby MasterNightBlade » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 am

The Blue Mage wrote:Am I like the only guy here who fails to really see a problem around here, apart from a dwindle in content and meaningful post, a problem that many forums go through in their cycles?

Prolly not. I don't see a major problem myself. Then again I'm not as active a member as I used to be, and my opinion is simply that, an opinion and educated guesses. Maybe some people are spending too much time here? Hell if I know.

Man though, furries and drama. Can't have one without the other I guess. Always seems to hit 'em in the end in one way or another. Nothing to do but watch the show.
MasterNightBlade
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:07 am

The Blue Mage wrote:Am I like the only guy here who fails to really see a problem around here, apart from a dwindle in content and meaningful post, a problem that many forums go through in their cycles?

That's why I didn't post in this topic beforehand.
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby captawesome » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:15 am

Tescon Whitepaw,

You seem to fancy yourself a wordsmith. I suggest you learn the difference between you're and your.

TesconWhitepaw wrote:I know that Bennie and Duncan have lives - if your spending all day moderating and "tending the garden,"

TesconWhitepaw wrote:Your not going to ban them, your not going to "be a broken record,", and your not even going to consider such action.

TesconWhitepaw wrote:You didn't explain that people oughtn't take matters into their hands because your there to do it.

"ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?"
-- Jules, Pulp Fiction
captawesome
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby DD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:46 am

^ that is the problem
DD
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Ransom » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 am

captawesome wrote:Tescon Whitepaw,

You seem to fancy yourself a wordsmith. I suggest you learn the difference between you're and your.

A minor typo, hardly the worst in the forums. Clearly you dislike Tescon, or you'd be ripping apart everyone who misspells on this forum. Why not attack the points presented rather than the debater himself? Otherwise, one could turn around and rip on you for not capitalizing your name. It's trivial, and it doesn't help.

Remember, people: disassemble the argument, not the arguer. Classic rule of debate.
Ransom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:16 am

^ that is the solution.
DD
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Macro Chat