Payback is a...

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Rattus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 am

Isn't the GREATEST insult in Japan something really mundane like saying someone has a really big forehead?
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:22 am

Word on the street is that Japanese guys find exposed lower-back is really enticing and risqué.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zurikat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:40 am

Rattus wrote:Isn't the GREATEST insult in Japan something really mundane like saying someone has a really big forehead?

I've never actually heard of that one.
My grandmother (native Japanese) used to always get onto me when I'd come to dinner at her house. She'd shake her finger at me and say "Kyuunige" or something along those lines. A rough translation of it is "eat and run". It's actually a really rude insult since it implies that you don't want to sit and chat while eating... you just want to eat as fast as you can and get out of there.

As for risque and enticing matters, not having any pubic hair is a sexual taboo in Japan. Most women are actually seen as whores if they do it, and it's highly frowned upon by society as a whole. I've actually had close Japanese friends of mine be shocked by the idea that many westerners don't think it's such a big deal.
zurikat
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Macro Chat