Perfect Macro World Takeover?

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Lennox » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:46 pm

Vague much? So far I've mostly read "they would have to be," and "if they had the ability to," and "unless they could." That and everyone thinks the military is a controlled variable for some reason.

You don't need to be physicists and realists to answer my question; I'm not trying to see how smart you are. Just use your imaginations.
Lennox
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Arct » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:12 am

already happened...

>.>
*shifty eyes*
<.<

*wispers* it's a conspiracy man..... those giant aliens have been working with a secret society called the illuminati for centuries now.... they already have control of the world's money & a lot of political power.... next they plan to brainwash our children into submissiveness by dumbing down the educational system.... i'm telling you man....

>.>
*shifty eyes*
<.<

but theres nothing we can do about it.... so ya best not mention it to anyone... if you want to live very long....

oh gawd, you 'ant one of them, are ya? :shock:
Arct
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Ann'katar » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Lennox wrote:Vague much? So far I've mostly read "they would have to be," and "if they had the ability to," and "unless they could." That and everyone thinks the military is a controlled variable for some reason.

You don't need to be physicists and realists to answer my question; I'm not trying to see how smart you are. Just use your imaginations.

The macros have an easy takeover because the 'micros' are wasting way too much time on trying to answer questions like yours.

Imaginative enough yet? ;)
Ann'katar
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Lennox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Arct wrote:oh gawd, you 'ant one of them, are ya? :shock:

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

The macros have an easy takeover because the 'micros' are wasting way too much time on trying to answer questions like yours.

Imaginative enough yet? :wink:

Absolutely not. Patronizing usually requires little to no imagination, old bean. (I shall now add a smiley face to the end of my post to make it appear mature and friendly.) :wink:
Lennox
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Ann'katar » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Lennox wrote:Absolutely not. Patronizing usually requires little to no imagination, old bean. (I shall now add a smiley face to the end of my post to make it appear mature and friendly.) :wink:

Heh.

Well, more seriously then: You posed a question about a scenario involving an unclear number of macros of unknown origin and capabilities who apparently want to take over the world (presumably ours) for reasons we're likewise not privy to, brushing off a request for more detail with 'just use your imagination' (who's patronizing whom here, exactly?)...and then complained about only getting 'vague' answers. Given the vagueness of the premise, I'm honestly not sure what other kind of answer you expected.
Ann'katar
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Lennox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:46 pm

I'll explain then, since you're all serious now.

Plans aren't something that ever work when they're vague. (At least in my experience.) Telling me what a macro can or can't do ain't giving me much now is it? I was vague in asking the question on purpose, I wanted creative feedback from a board showing interest in rampaging anthropomorphic characters.

The title of the post is The Perfect Macro World Takeover, not Come on in and Shit-Ball your Ideas.

You see, I'm actually trying to conquer the planet. My expectations were high when I posted this thread. I guess I kind of lost my temper when nobody could provide any helpful information. I went too far by threatening people with their lives. I apologize. I'm oblivious how sensitive people can be communicating with unknown strangers.

At least I know what the word patronize means...
Lennox
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Okay okay, I get what you're trying to say Lennox. If we had to conquer the world as macros, how would we plan it to go as smoothly as possible, regardless of all the definitions of 'smooth'.

The main concern would be maintaining the spoils as long as possible. Regardless as to whether humans are food, or slave labor, or even a pest species to wipe out, the last thing you want is the world a wasteland when you get it. Rule one - prevent or at least limit the use of nukes.

If the powers that be realized giant monsters were attacking, they might just fly in a few tactical firecrackers. Surprise and anonymity is your friend. You cannot destroy what you do not know.

Here's what I'd do. The first goal would be to destroy as much of the power infrastructure as possible, trying to black out everything. Sure, planes will crash and cars will too, but those are small potatoes. The attack would begin on the dark side of the planet, with the night as your ally.
When everything goes black, the gov't will instantly have their hands full - looting, man's age-old friend. They'll be so busy trying to restore order and find out who 'blew up' the power plants and transformer stations, they wouldn't be looking for giant monsters. Word would be so hard to get out and so scattered, it would dissapear into the backround of imagined soviet invasions and martian warmachines.
Once the powergrid is sufficiently down, the military and naval bases are next. Go in there and smash as much as possible as fast as possible, prevent the plans from getting aloft and avoid the ones that already are.

Sattelites can pose a problem, but without power how can one recieve or read their data? Only a fraction of birds up there have radar imaging, and not all of those can see though clouds. Another reason to attack at night. Waiting for the weather wouldn't be practical on the grand scale, but hey, its something to keep in mind.

Once the military instillations are taken out (ones with nuclear missiles first), the job is mostly done on that front. I'm not up to snuff with military protocol, so Im not sure which would be better: taking out outlying bases first and central command last, or the other way around.

With that taken care of, the job is only half done. Theres still another half of the globe with power and daylight. You could take them out in a rolling attack that follows sunset, but that might alert some nations that whatever it is, its coming for them and they could react poorly. Invading an historical rival, for instance.
Or you could wait until that half of the globe makes it into darkness and attack all at once like before, but that too has risks. Once the devastated half reaches daylight, word and details might reach the functioning half about just what is going on....or how weakened their neighbors are. Human beings are oppurtunisitic bastards after all - that too might kick off war.

Id call it an even shot either way, but I'd go with the rolling attack. Speed is your friend. Once the major nations of the world are toppled and their infrastructure smashed, the smaller and weaker nations can be taken at leisure.
The navies and submarines are always a problem, and without aquatic macros might just ruin the whole endeavor. It only takes a few nukes to trash a large, large area. All you could do is pray they don't get trigger happy and break protocall (again, I'm not sure if its physically possible to launch missiles without codes or something, and I doubt I could find out about russian or chinese boomers. Anyones guess)

After that...its just a matter of how you want to rule the globe and what to do with the little guy. 8)

That more of what you were asking, lennox?
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Chaswari » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:18 pm

I think what we've learned from this thread is that if you want original and entertaining replies, then posting essentially nothing but "Guy! So macros, eh?" isn't a successful tactic.
Chaswari
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:35 pm

You want a serious senerio with a successful macro attack? The macros will probably have to be interdimentional travelers, or else have a spaceship the size of the death star. Why? Because there's simply no way this planet will sustain a food source for a group of creatures that size. If they didn't have a way to head back to their homeland for dinner, no matter how much havoc they caused they'd starve to death. Or else they'd have to... I don't know... somehow magically not need to eat. Oh, and water too, that's something everyone forgets. No faucets that size, so how does a macro in the middle of Nebraska get water every day? Make sure all the attack plans are within walking distance of a lake... until they dry up?

So yeah, like I said before, unless the macros had advantages that'd make their size irrelevant, it's not gonna happen. Faaantaaasyyy.
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 am

Trixxus wrote: ...there's simply no way this planet will sustain a food source for a group of creatures that size.

Who said anything about sustainability? He just wanted the attack, not the aftereffects. 8)
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Macro Chat