Perfect Macro World Takeover?

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Perfect Macro World Takeover?

Postby Lennox » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:31 pm

What in your mind would be the best way for a global takeover to go down?

-Maybe just one macro would make for enough damage?
-How about hundreds of them spread around the world with synchronized pocket watches?
-Or, maybe they plan to hit just a few cities at a time. That way, they give people around the world who haven't been hit yet ample time to crap their pants.

What do you think?
Lennox
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Re: Perfect Macro World Takeover?

Postby Blue Dog » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Lennox wrote:What in your mind would be the best way for a global takeover to go down?

-Maybe just one macro would make for enough damage?
-How about hundreds of them spread around the world with synchronized pocket watches?
-Or, maybe they plan to hit just a few cities at a time. That way, they give people around the world who haven't been hit yet ample time to crap their pants.

What do you think?

I think I need to know the sizes, capabilities, and behaviors of said macros.
Blue Dog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Lennox » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Don't be hesitant to use your imagination.
Lennox
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Bunge » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Exept if they have undestructible skin/shields and are totaly overcoming world's armies, there is no chance they can "win".
Get in mind they are not discreet!

Even Godzilla is fallen.
Bunge
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Blue Dog » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:40 pm

If we're talking macros ranging from 50ft to 150ft with no powers and an intelligence similar to ours, then multiple macros in multiple key cities all at once all over the globe could initiate a a swift attack with as little casualties as possible while still severely damaging the infrastructures of most cities to clog or severely delay any government efforts to stop them. The only options open to any government at that point is to use highly destructive conventional weapons, which would be a problem for most as politics dictate that the use of such weapons is prohibited... also, those weapons used inside the country on it's own people would spark a massive riot based soley on morals vs. survival.
Blue Dog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby ExTo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Really unless they are simply in overwhelming numbers, ~100ft macros don't stand a chance against any army. A surprise attack (teleport in?) would definitely cause major damage, but assuming there's one macro for each million humans (which is not all too unreasonable), even if they're organized, the macros would simply not stand the counter-attack.

We all know that when we get desperate, we humans can be pretty damn destructive, so I doubt we'd hesitate to nuke (in the metaphorical sense, it might as well just be squadrons upon squadrons of bombers with napalm) Tokyo if it was invaded by 30 ~100 feet tall macros and the situation just seemed desperate. Of course that wouldn't be our first course of action but we wouldn't hesitate too much if it came down to it.
ExTo
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Ann'katar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 pm

The best way?

Peacefully.

Which, given human nature, would probably require some highly effective means of global mind control on the macros' side to actually work.
Ann'katar
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Rattus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 am

So what do they do after they pancaked their destructible enviroment and killed off their food supply? How do they sustain themselves, and their urge to destroy? Maybe they form a little society of their own, to only get it toppled in eons from an even larger set of macros.

Or they could just party. Wooo, party!
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby ExTo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:02 am

Really I personally never really seen the point to a rampage/attack by macros, that would just be suicidal - in the long term if not the short term.

So I'll go for the party option. I'm not buying the beer though.
ExTo
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Doomwolf » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:59 am

Read my signature.
"Forget world domination, think about world devastation"
Doomwolf
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Next

Return to Archive: Macro Chat