What's your dream macro movie?

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Rattus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:32 am

GD13 wrote:As for teh story it needs to be something less on the lines of less questionable science (radiation/growth rays) and more along the lines of something that might happen and the thought of it will freak some people out; ya know kidna like the whole idea of the Matrix.

So you'd prefer your enormous impossible aggressive semi-intelligent bipedial critters to be based on solid science rather than old staples like radiation mutants, evolutionary boo-boos or magic? In fact, the specific example you quoted is so realistic it's basically a hodgepodge of every hokey anime in existance.

This makes my brain bleed. You gave me a fucking stroke. Thanks, pal.

There is a huge difference between believability in movies and how seriously they take themselves. Compare The Day After Tomorrow to the recent (and sucky) War of the Worlds. Both are fiction and never happened, and are about as scientifically sound as a Dr. Kellogg enema, but the first is much more believable than the later, yet they both took themselves VERY DAMNED SERIOUSLY.

A good example of two movies which are equally believeable but differ in self-seriousness would be the older movies (but roughly equally released) Deep Impact and Armageddon. Not only are both about equal on the big-names-for-dumb-plot-device-machines shit, but they're basically the same premise, as if pitched to two different writing teams. While neither was really a 'good' movie, Deep Impact took itself as a scientific thriller where brains rule, while Bruce Willis lead the other to be a bit more like a surreal amusment park ride.

Sorry, but "they shoulds" in quick internet movie discussions are actually a horrid pet peeve of mine.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby shendu2012 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:27 pm

I will only answer to your title "what's your dream macro movie" : growth, growth and growth. It doesn't matter what creature. I want only growth. For example, a fight between two characters who grow to be more and more strong. But the winner won't manage to stop his growth after the fight.

But there is a macrophile who is talking to you Xerses. Not a representative member of film enthusiast people (as Apricot reminds you of it "kindly"). You want to make a film about big things. That's how I like big things !

Sorry if I haven't at all answered to your real question :)
shendu2012
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Li » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Well...I know there are a lot of things must be considered during make a move, but this topic is for us to talk about our dream scene right? So... :twisted: hehehe... I designed a story in my brain not long ago.

An alien character comes to a planet where micro furrys who always threaten by a mega...(ah...Rogue, I didn't say it's you, please crush me later...)...character live. Although this alien's body only as same size as a micro, however, he can make himself became a magic giant (the same size as the macro) by his magic power. Ironically, with this power this alien became the only person who can feel the macro’s lonely, and communicates with him on this planet.
However, this ambitious alien always wants replace the mega wol...(ah~~!Rogue, I see, I see...) to enslave the micros. Unfortunately, the alien and the macro fight at last. At a night covered with endless darkness, the macro wins the alien...
My favort part of this story is when the alien had been defeated:

.... Because of the badly injured, XXXX (the alien's name) could control the power any more. Despairingly, he returned in to his micro size and can not move a bit but lay on the remains of the pavement weakly and painfully...
With the infuriate fire in XXXXX (the macro's name)'s heart, he could not help but lift one of his huge paw, covered the paralytic and decide to end this squishy little character just like he had already done thousand times...
But at this moment, he hesitated...
Because he know without this alien, he will be a lonely macro again...
The survival micros start short amuck" KILL HIM! KILL HIM..."
He kept quiescent...
The time seems stop....

How do you think about the story I writed?
Attachments
DSCN0041.JPG
I think I had sent this already...
DSCN0041.JPG (466.35 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
Please be kind to those less fortunate...
Character information
My FA
Li
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Fraxis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:17 am

Would be entertaining to see a macro horse on screen
Fraxis
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby AlternateArtisan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:01 pm

ROGUE wrote:What I find interesting is that with all the giant monster movies out there, filmmakers have been reluctant to show many closeup scenes of people being trampled, even though that's what audiences seem to want.

well really, it's a technical thing, most producers skimp on the gritty detail cause they don't want to get their work made, R rated, just cause theres too much gore.

alternatively. it's actually very complicated (expensive) to do closeups of macro related destruction, so they tend to obscure it with explosions and smoke instead.
the future will be better tomorrow~
AlternateArtisan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Cetas » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Fraxis wrote:Would be entertaining to see a macro horse on screen

I just had to reply to this given I wouldn't mind seeing it either. I mean in all the history of macro movies known you have everything becoming giant than a horse. You have movies of rats, chickens, rabbits, wolves, snakes, lizards, apes, and a host of various bugs but no horses. The only place they seem to go macro is in the macrofurry realms. I wouldn't mind seeing either a horse or even a zebra suddenly out grow a barn or zoo enclosure in a movie. Even had an idea for a movie involving a horse going macro, though not sure if I should share it.
Cetas
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kattywampus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:59 am

Hunt the Wampus: The Movie
Thanks for the icon, SXG!
My Catboy Harem!!
Kattywampus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:58 am

Kattywampus wrote:Hunt the Wampus: The Movie

blockbuster hit for sure
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Kattywampus wrote:Hunt the Wampus: The Movie

"Hunt the Wampus 2: Son of the Wampus" Hey Karo...
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kattywampus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 am

Pfffffttt...hahahahahahaha
Thanks for the icon, SXG!
My Catboy Harem!!
Kattywampus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext