What's your dream macro movie?

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Archosaur » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:24 am

How about dragons? We have king Gidorah, but that's about it in that department. Another thing: why don't giant monsters eat people more? Shure, it happens every once in a while, but the monsters seem to be more interested in knocking over rectangular objects for some strange reason...
Archosaur
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby 13years » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:37 am

I'm gonna mainly answer the original question, and not alter my answer to be something that could actually be a movie that wouldn't completlely fail in theatres...

My biggest sub-fetish within this big fetish is growth. I like to see it. Growth = Good. Pure, proportional growth. I'd say make it gradual over the movie. Some cheesy plot for sure. Attractive guy (would have to be attractive...since this is supposed to be answer for MY dream movie) has some sort of incident or something happen (some cheesy reason) that causes him to slowly grow (without his own control) through the movie. It could happen to a couple characters- or just one...
He'd be confused at first, frightened, not know what to do.
He could eventually grow to like it and use this newfound status to wreak havok on his enemies or just for personal pleasure (AND FOR MINE, DAMN IT!).
He could grow to like 10ft first- insert initial "holy shit- the movie is actually starting...wtf?" crap here....then more and more. I'd stop at around 500ft- make that the climax.
At some point he'd go to the mischievous, government interferes point...but it's up for debate where.
I'd say it should involve a girl...he loves her. She sees what's happening. She is frightened and fears him when it gets too out of hand. This enrages him, he accidentaly kills her in his rage, and hell breaks loose (This stuff'd be toward the end...I honestly would like a confused, slow, accidental damage at first process).
Sort of my dream movie. That's what you asked for. NOT for what would actually make a good movie. Remember that before you throw things at me.
Or...you know...am I honestly the only one who would buy a "Hocus Pocus" or "Free Lunch" movie?...
Furbase Page (13years & link to Taylor):
http://furbase.bigfurs.com/index.php?FurID=1018
FA Page (Frequented):
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/13years/

Drop me a PM anytime or send an email to 13yearsmdc@gmail.com.
13years
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Freshmeat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 pm

DTF's Nature.

Such a great novel and the scenes flow together so well that i think it would make a great movie if it could be done
Current works:
The Thousand Year War--- 80% written, 50% typed
Larger and Larger---50% written
Deitism---coming soon
Freshmeat
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby shendu2012 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:14 pm

No 13years, you wouldn't be the only one who would buy a "hocus pocus" or a "free lunch" movie :wink:
shendu2012
Gojira
Gojira

Postby mariogp87 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:43 pm

From my point, there should be some action, comedy, and drama mix ;). Mainly, if you're trying to make a sci-fi horror, that's a great way to put up a macro movie.

I was wondering..., try to put up a movie with macros and micros together ;).
Touhou and Cirno is stuck in my mind @.@
mariogp87
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:30 pm

shendu2012 wrote:No 13years, you wouldn't be the only one who would buy a "hocus pocus" or a "free lunch" movie :wink:
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kamaria » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

I know this topic is old, but I actually did write a story that's designed to be interpreted as a movie.

I called it Hanako-zilla. Some of you may dislike giant humans, but hey, that's where my roots are, in giantess.

It's an homage to the original Godzilla, and if you want I could post it.

As a bonus I attached a poster I made myself for a planned sequel, I thought I'd include it because it's such a great visual.
Attachments
Hanako.jpg
Hanako.jpg (63.59 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Kamaria
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby President Rufus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:44 pm

A macro film with a plot that is at least half believable. After watching Cloverfield I was still asking 'Where the f*** did it come from?'
And then there was the whole protagonist exploding into pieces scene that I didn't quite see either.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Macro Chat