Post Nuclear Wastelands (Ytiruces 36)

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby DioDraco » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:39 am

I was still speaking with kogento... when the blue dragon came closer and spoke my name, his voice was what did it, memories washed over me, literally years of memories bad and good, and it seemed to fit into place...

"chit?! you are well?"

the fur I'd been speaking with was forgotten, and I walked over him as if he weren't there, my belly above his head by several feet, I approached him and smiled, I remember you, little brother. nuzzling his chest softly.

"what has happened? and what keeps your mind busy?"

looking beneath me I chuckle, "sorry, about that, but reunions take presidence"
may the wind always carry you upon it's breath
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: I hail from rhyterra home of the dragons of amanthia

Postby dragonien » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:27 am

(Erm dio, my characters name is Milo)
RAWR I'm a dragon!

Avatar Created, Updated, and Properly Fitted by Twitch.

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:06 am

(yeah, i was made aware of my error recently, in my defense, my computer connection is being retarded, and it's not loading up the chat history, so I can't double check my self.... I will personally destroy my modem when I finally leave the realm of dial up. f***ing DESTROY my modem!!!! )
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:17 pm

Kogenta first thought that Dragon was charging him and so dived out of the way. As soon as he landed he rolled to the side and began raising his unslung rifle. He hadn't a chance as his men had gone further down the road.
Then he stopped as the dragon went straight past him and began to talk with Milo. The Colonel collected himself and stood up again. He had no idea that Milo might have actually known this creature.
Suddenly his mic crackled.
"Sir, Larkin here. We have a total twenty recruits to the NSDF, most of them privates with no sense of purpose."
"I'll be on my way."
Looking back to the dragon he nodded at what it said.
"I'll be off now. Try not to cause chaos."
With that the Colonel shouldered his rifle and began to walk off towards the subway.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby The_Anarchitect » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:22 am

(digging way back here Sorry).

"Bleeding Queen Mary! What the hell was that?!" cried Roger, thrown to the ground by the violent shaking. "How should I know?!" yelled Kelpie, now upside down on her head. Walking to the window, Luna looked out. What she saw horrified her. The water tower which had fed to the surrounding area had been demolished, their water supply now gone. "Guys, have we ever had earthquakes before?"
"No."
"Uh-uh."
"Wait, Kevin was on the roof, maybe he saw..." Luna stopped short. She had felt it. A point of sentience, unique to psychics. Another was close. "We need to find Kevin, now!"
*Explanation Time!!! :D All psychics resonate a mental signature, detectable by other psychics. Even those with psionic potential emit a signature, though they cannot find others. Ex. Luna is a psychic. She can detect others and use her powers. Anube and Anarch are potential psychics. They cannot utilise powers or sense other psychics, however a powerful psychic may facilitate the ability to do so. :D ============================================
"What the bloody f*** was that?!" yelled Anube. They had heard the thunderous crack and seen the rising dust cloud. "I don't know, but you can bet everyone else heard it too." responded Anarch, "We need to get back, now!" Breaking into a run, they began to run back to their HQ. Suddenly shadows began emerging from the surrounding wreckage. "Shit, too late!"
;3
The_Anarchitect
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby dragonien » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:50 am

Milo let out a loud meep of suprise as the very large feral dragon quickly approached. When the Larger dragons broad muzzle started to rub gently at his chest he smiled warmly up at him. With a chuckle he gently layed a paw on the side of the dragon's muzzle and Gently rubbed across the smooth green scales.

"I'm fine Dragon, And im glad to see that your Ok too. Its good to see you again My Brother." he said softly. Somehow over the years that He and the dragon had known each other, It had come to think of him as a brother, a Little brother considering The rather large size difference between the two. Milo had never had any brothers through his life, having grown up an the only child in his family's generation. So, he had gladly accepted the unofficial adoption, and was happy to have someone to call a 'brother' even if they werent exactly normal.

"Have you been well brother?" he asked in a soft, caring tone.
RAWR I'm a dragon!

Avatar Created, Updated, and Properly Fitted by Twitch.

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:27 am

"ahhh, I am well, milo, I am well. it is good to see you also are safe. but you must explain things to me, many things. I feel disoriented, I feel as a child lost from his mothers paw. so much is confusing to me. and I have not had food in many days, hunger claws at my belly.

but enough of this, I will help you with your tasks, as there is nothing better for me to do, and solitude does not suit me just yet. what needs... do you hear that?, strangers aproach. ware, they are upon us."

it was them, the mindless ones, I passed several lurking in the shadows, they grew bold of me, perhaps they did not register my threat to them. I gazed hard at their attitude, batting them away, scoring gashes in their hide, it seemed to phaze them little. inarticulate noises escaped them, hardly even a reaction to stimulus....the scent of blood rose from the creatures that I dissabled I still held to respect for them, even though sentience had clearly left them. I dispatched them with brutal efficiency. the scent of blood rose still thicker as their life fluids spilt upon the ground. my stomach churned for fresh meat. I found my muzzle lowering even before I realized it, and gave into my urges and began consuming the dead and twitching corpses, willing myself not to taste the flesh, not wanting to enjoy them. it was indeed easy, there was a taint to them i could taste it, but knew it would not harm me, it was too differnent. having consumed the several 'uglies' i was not stated, but my stomach had something to busy it's self with, and it would leave my mind to other things.

"I appologise for that, but... I am feral, meat is meat. but you who speak, and feel emotion i declare no threat to you. on the contrary, I will not harm, with the sole ecception to the threat directed to me, and those i care for. you and your men are in no danger from me provided you remain in control of your wits, and pose no harm to me and mine."
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:35 am

(darn me and depending my post on Sgt Kudane!)
Chit looked at his watch as the soldiers began making their way into the subway. Milo had been gone a good few minutes, and the pup had nothing to do. *oh well, it's not like anyone can drive the track without the keys, not to mention the steering pin.*

He started to wander around the site, hearing the smacking of lips and the squishing of organs. Chit slowly pulled his sword before he rounded the alley way.

"Hey, Milo?!" He rounded the corner

"Why are you wanderi-HOLY SHIT!!!!" Chit's eyes went wide. there before him, was a giant dragon, Making fictional characters like King Kong look like middle sized pets. He looked at his sword and back at the dragon. There was no way he would be able to dent those scales before it would take a swipe at him. So, with his quick decisive thinking, he points and yells:

"GOJIRRRAAAA!" in a sad attempt at a japanese accent.

Looking around, he quickly notices an empty trash bin, and jumps inside, the lid spinning as it closes on the metal trashcan.
Fear my Happy Fish of doom!
Pokemon Triple Dot is found at:
http://vimeo.com/user4796469
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:04 am

{This is to catch up for the posts I had originally missed while I was away. I tried to stay as parallel with all what was going on as best I could. Sorry for the delay.}

Bardo sighed hesitantly and looked around, although he was never an idle to draw too much attention to himself. He remained quiet for a moment before his blank eyes traced Rafe as he approached; listening to what he had to say. “I was merely five years old when I survived a nuke; killed my parents though- So do not take any offence to what I have to say simply because it’s true. I’ll punch, grab, steal, and put any bullet into a skull if they cross me. Got it? And as for this… Colonel - He had better understand that I still have my ties with the government and military forces alike. I’m retired, with over two million credits on my head. Nothing beats success than a bounty on your head for being a one-man killing machine.”

As he turned to dismiss the soldier, he made a few steps to retrieve his bolt-action rifle from the shop- he only made it half way before being stopped again; however, by a different individual. He remained facing forward before turning his head to side-glance in acknowledgment, “Yesss…?” He dragged a low greeting, before turning around to the blue-bodied dragon. As he listened in to the offer given, he merely shook his head and relayed another response. “I’m sorry, but for now I choose to work alone.. Too many people around here make me want to kill something… I was just- Getting done “telling’ someone, but yes please, help yourself to the survivors. They need as much assistance as possible. Do make sure they are well taking care of.”

Again, he removed himself from the “social activity” and proceeded back into the half-ruined gun shop as he kneeled down by the broken entrance door and obtained the fallen rifle he dropped when confronted earlier. He thought to himself for a minute as he displayed the rifle in his arms, “If everyone’s packin’ heat, then I might as well too; even the odds a bit.” With that he walked over the gun cases and sat the rifle back inside of its designated cubby-hole before looking around; from the roof hung two launchers; an AT-4, and a 66mm LAW. He walked over to each and pulled them from the strings suspending them from the ceiling and slung them over each shoulder with their provided straps. He then looked to the cracked countertop where he noted the American flag wielding M60; a linked belt of about a hundred or so rounds hanging from the chamber.

“That will do... for a start.” He said with an approving tone, walking over to the weapon and yanking the small handheld flag from the top as he sat it aside on the counter next to the gun; picking the firearm up in his hands and charging the bolt once, loading a round. “I may need to improve a few things though..” He glanced around for the ammunition, finding several boxes of the assorted armor piercing, tracer, and incendiary rounds; including an ammunition crate of additional links. He pocketed the items and headed his way out the door, looking a bit more fierce than usual.

“I’m baaaa-aaacck.” He called out.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:57 pm

(wow. The internet in Hong Kong and China seems to have momentarily collapsed. I can;t access MSN messenger and it took me around half an hour to be able to type this.)
Rafe sighed, there was gonna be tension between the Colonel and this merc that was for sure. Glancing back at the wolf bristling with weapons he smiled. Shrugging mentally, Rafe turned and headed for Larkin in the subway who was over seeing the military personel who were now re-established with chain of command. Nodding once to him, he carried on to a corner where Merik sat, a bottle in his hand, talking to Shuzumi.
As he neared he realised it was more talk about the Colonel.
"I hear his eyes are red 'cause he shot a friendly."
"What?!" Shuzumi said, "Never heard that."
"Yeah, apparently according to a eye witness, the guy was drunk and refused to go on duty, and then the Colonel, all calm-like, hands out a cigarette and even lights it, then he pulls out his CQ and washes the poor guy. Pow, pow, pow. Like that."
Merik's voice had carried down the tunnel and was disturbing some of the soldiers who were standing to attention.
Others were helping to distribute basic medical and food supplies.
Finally the Colonel arrived and walked up to the soldiers, his red eyes gleaming somewhat evilly.
"Either you're with the government and through them, me or you're enemies of the state. Take your pick I don;t have all day."
"This is ballocks! You can't do that!"
The Colonel looked up at the taller, wider fur and stared him down.
"You going to make an issue of what I can and can't do?"
"Damn right I am!"
"That's damn right I am, sir."
"You're full of shit. I ain't ever going to be involved."
There was a steely click as a pistol's hammer was brought back.
"So you've decided to turn against the state?"
"I never said that! I said I was having no part in this bu-"
The bang of the gun going off sounded impossibly loud as it echoed in the subway. The corpse fell back, a neat hole punched through the skull.
Raising his voice, the Colonel cried out, "This one made the mistake of thinking he could shirk his duty! You are all under my authority. Do you get me?"
The newly drafted soldiers replied quick, eager to avoid another disaster.
"WE GET YOU SIR!"
------
Over in a corner Merik nudged Shuzumi and pointed at the dead man.
"Like I told ya earlier. The Colonel will sacrifice every man and machine to complete the mission but what he doesn't realise is that without the men who's gonna do the mission?"

(OOC: Deep down, below the charade of friendship the Colonel's really a heartless bastard.) :D
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay