Post Nuclear Wastelands (Ytiruces 36)

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby DioDraco » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:22 am

(another post for poor bardo. hopefully he'll get his account retrieved)

Bardo did not move from his positiona gainst the wall; the pistol he was being charged by, jabbing him in his right side. With that, his ears perked up in alert before his head slowly moved back behind cover as he turned his cranium to look at the individual with a slight, "You must be kidding me" kind of look. Of course, it was on his right side that his elbow contained the metal spike his corportation integrated within his biomechanical arm. "You are making a serious mistake." Said Bardo softly. In only a bleak moment, his right hand left the grip of his bolt action rifle, immediantly lashing out to the firearm wielded by the other forcing it against the wall; his left came; still holding onto the front of the rifle as he bashed the stock into his chest.

His right hand continuously slammed the pistol into the wall as it shook loose; falling to the floor. Once completed, he drew the pistol he had obtained from the store from between his belt and took control, pressing the barrel of handgun into the cranium; left tossing the rifle down simultaneously as he took hold of his shoulder and spun him around, getting him into a headlock with his left arm, thus creating a hostage-like element. "Im gunna cut you a deal.." he continued to say, walked the both of themselves back over to the entrance where he checked his cover once more.. "We're going to go outside and we're gunna tell your buddied to drop their weapons. if they don't I will "drop" you, and each and every single one of them. I launched flares for assistance.. -not- a fire fight. Got it!?"
may the wind always carry you upon it's breath
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: I hail from rhyterra home of the dragons of amanthia

Postby DioDraco » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:56 am

listening from behind the gunshop i took up sentinel laying low, and quiet, hearing a scuffle, inside i raised an eyebrow. such exhitable creatures.

I couldn't help noticing several furtive glances my way. discovered. I was amazed...how had they tracked me so easily?they had machines of most types...what other tools of theirs did they have? something that might detect me no matter how sly? it was a difficult proposition.

more conversation, the voices I hadn't recognised and it was difficult still to make out their conversation... one sounded threatening... more talk, more skuffling... and then, the blue fur, turned out to be an anthro dragon, my eye was locked to his, he recognised me, some how. my memory before the explosion was largely in tatters some how though, I had a fond impression of him. did he keep me company perhaps? it was difficult to say.

I was distracted by the approach of several of the soldier types. I revealed myself from closer range, I recalled they usually were that size, but they were so small. they didn't even come to my fore paw's ankle I rose and padded to meet them, stopping just out of flame range. I needed to show them I was friendly, but wary.

"approach, strangers in peace, or flee me in tatters. I mistrust your weaponry, disarm yourselves as a sign of peace, and we will speak if you wish. I am no monster to be studies, I've been a test subject for long and long."

I hoped I hadn'ed sounded too forceful, but I did want them to have respect for me, my action raised I recalled my abilities, proud of them. but juditious in use. i prayed there would be no need for a massacre
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:27 am

Chit slid around to the back. "I doubt you can carry that thing, but for now, you can come down." he noticed the almost pouting look from his face.

"....Fine, you can use my AK." he says. as he walks over by the shop he notices the commotion between Merik and the Colonel. It was a breath of relief that not every soldier out there was a yes-man.

"I guess ol' bloodshot's having some morale problems, eh Milo?" he bumps his shoulder with light laugh.

Suddenly, he catches eye of the coyote holding the soldier hostage from the storefront.

"Woah, WOAH!" Chit says, quickly pulling his sword out upon noticing the gun pointed at his head.

Before Chit even looks to see if the others pull their guns out, he says:

"Now before everyone decides to stab each other with bullets, let's all understand that we've come here FOR A RESCUE MISSION!! Now can we put the weapons down?! There's been enough killing in this century as it is!"
Fear my Happy Fish of doom!
Pokemon Triple Dot is found at:
http://vimeo.com/user4796469
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:28 pm

The Colonel turned and laughed. His laughter was broadcasted on all the mics. Including the hostage.
"He knew the risks. You are armed and so potentially a hostile. I'm here on a rescue mission. You can kill him if you want but then you will surely die. So you let go of my soldier, and I'll see what I can do to help and ignore the fact that you've declared war on the state by threatening the government's armed forces."
Larks had turned the .50cal to aim at Derin's chest, while Shuzumi had also raised his rifle. Larks didn't want to have to shoot Derin, but he knew the Colonel well enough not to bother doing it the way he wanted to.
--------
The Colonel himself was busy facing down a large lizard and decided to send off Rafe and Merik back to the others. The look of relief on their faces spoke volumnes.
"I wish to speak, but I will not disarm myself. You have no choice in that regard."
He fixed his eyes on the beast, and stared hard at it.
"So, what are you? And what are your motives?"
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:24 pm

the small creature had such a hard look on his muzzle. his eyes were firm and harsh. there was a foreboding uneasyness I felt from him, that must emanate to all who deal with him. but there was intelligence, and competence i could see as well.

"then we can exchange words. what am I.... and where I'm from... are difficult questions to answer. I was designated codename x37289alpha. but my trainers, handlers and any normal furs who accociated with me would call me dragon. my lessons in ancient mythology told me what dragons were... brutish creatures much resembling me, covetous of jewels and took what they liked from the surrounding areas.

"my motives? I have been free of bondage, for mere hours. my motives are sustenance. I have not been fed in days. i always suspected it was a safety precaution of my captors to keep me in need of food. such that if I were to escape, it would limit my range of travel...at least that was their hopes."

satisfied I'd conveyed my message, i sat on my haunches leaning closer
"now it is your turn, what's happened here. and what are... not your motives.... what are your objectives?... and what do you intend to do with me? assuming i cooperate?"
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:21 am

(yep, it's another post for bardo it may take some time, but we'll get him aboard)

Bardo’s physique began to move further outside as he began to walk forwards; the soldier in his grasp leading on as Bardo shoved his left forearm into his back; pistol against his cranium. As he overheard the radio transmission he gave a faint chuckle and looked over his captured victim’s shoulder, speaking in response. “You have a lot of balls claiming you’re the –Armed Forces- when, I –am- the armed forces.” He paused.

“My name is First Sergeant Bardo Kudane of the M.E.R.C, Mercenary Corp. It was I who launched the three flares after searching through a local gun shop. There are in fact survivors among us; I out of a possible one-hundred and fifty. They are underground in a Subway concourse less than twenty yards from where I am, some of which are police, military, and medical origin. There are a lot of families here who need assistance, preferably food and shelter. I was only out an about trying to find a way to get these people out of here. So don’t start shoving your overgrown weight around claiming your military background until you know what you’re dealing with… -over-.” He said with a smart-ellic finish.

He pressed the pistol a bit harder into the subject’s skull, causing his head to tilt some to one side, continuing his speech. “Call off your ‘dogs’; have them lower their weapons or I –will- eliminate each and every one of them, and I promise you with every fiber of my being, cybernetics, and rank included. This wouldn’t the first battle I’ve been in.”

With that said, he gently pulled the pistol away; holding the pistol vertically with a ninety degree bend to his arm as he removed his left arm from around the neck and relocated his hold to the back of the shirt. He leaned in to the soldier’s ear and whispered lowly, a cold cloudy fog rising from his breath as his spoke, “Now- Don’t try anything funny.” He said mockingly. “I do not need anyone making a scene.” He then lifted his leg and pressed it against the center of the back, shoving him forward as he let go of his shirt; sending him maybe five feet away in a tripping fashion; arms finally crossing themselves.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:57 am

Seemingly satisfied by the dragon's answer the Colonel placed his rifle on the ground as a sign of respect. He was a little worried though, as he could see a great many teeth some the size of him when the dragon was talking.
"Right. This wasteland is all that remains of a thermo-nuclear strike with an electro magnetic pulse spanning the majority of the south of the city. What happened? Well, that question doesn't even begin to address the answer. But simply we fought a war with others of our kind and well, I still don't know if we have lost or won. And frankly my objectives are not allowed to be discussed, all I am allowed to say is that I am following the Nation Defense Plan."
He paused and looked back at the dragon.
"As for what I intend.... well, it depends on what you do. Technically as a sentient creature that has lived here for over 8 years in this country, you are a citizen, which means I am obliged to aid you if possible. But again you don't have either passport or papers so..."
The grin on his face would have shamed the cheshire cat.
"I guess that means you're an illegal immigrant and therefore I don't have to aid you. Well I intend quite a bit, but as I understand you will require feeding. In return all I would ask is help in dealing with some of the ah problems I face."
Kogenta didn't like the threat the dragon presented. And without the a descent kerosene supply he wouldn't be able to provide a decent counter attack should the dragon attack.

Can't have him figure out my objectives. So if he decides to help me, I'll have to give such small objectives that he can never work out the directive.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:36 am

Assured that he wouldn't get eaten as soon as he turned his back, the colonel looked towards the situation at the store.
The Colonel's voice came through the mic again.
"Lower your weapons."
With an almost audible sound, the tension in the air dropped considerably.

"Kudane, Bardo. 1st Seargeant of the MERC company. Small military background. Potential candidate for the NSDF. You are a mercenary, and as I understand it your record speaks quite highly of yourself. Enhanced bone structure and various cybernetic eye implants as well as an intersting elbow joint. But as I understand you are no longer employed by the government. I know who I'm dealing with."

"I am a Colonel of the Nation's Special Defense Forces and during the proceeding of this operation I have a carte blanche I could hang you in the middle on the streets and I would not recive reprimand. Don't make the mistake of thinking I am duty bound to aid you or even liason with you and if you ever lay your hands on one of my men again I will personally come over and shoot you myself. However, I will thank you for the information. Larks go take a look and give him a medkit."

The Humvee was started up again as Shuzumi, and Derin got back in. Larkin pulled out a medkit and tossed it at Kudane. Rafe walked up to Kudane, and turned his mic off.
"I would try not to threaten the Colonel. He will do everything short of detonating a nuke if he views you as a threat to the mission. I'll be one of the first to say that I am not the Colonel's dog."
Derin was the first to go down the subway's entrance his tac-light lighting the way. He called out.
"Military personel of all regiments! You are being re-assigned to the command of Colonel Kogenta, NSDF. Operation signcode: Anvil, officers amongst you will know what that means. Then you will help extract the civilians.
Raising his voice he called down the subway.
"This is the NSDF rescue teams. We have limited medical and food supplies to offer at the moment. We require your co-operation."
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby dragonien » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:08 am

With a Grin the blue dragon quickly snatched up the AK and ran over beside Chit. His attention was almost immediatly caught by something else however, something in the alley. A Voice. He didnt even notice the nudge from chit or the fact of Bardo and his hostage for that matter. He had heard a deep, rumbling voice Coming faintly from the alleyway. Only catching a few words of what it was saying, that was enough.. He knew that voice, he'd heard it almost every day that he had worked in the lab before the bombing.. but... it couldn't be. could it? he turned from Chit's side and started walking quickly towards the alleyway.

His mind was all over the place. Could the experiment have survived? Those bombs shouldve been able to take out even that huge dragon that they had been keeping in the lab. But that voice, he was getting closer, and more sure of it the more he heard of it

When he got into the alleyway and looked up to see the towering form of the giant dragon his jaw fell open. It was him. He was alive. A single word uttered from his muzzle, questioning, accusing "Dragon?!" Milo had thought the dragon had been dead, though from some of the things that had been done to it that might've been preferred. Many of the other scientists hadn't cared for the dragon, not even treating it as a living being. They had seen it merely as property, as an experiment. Milo had done his best to try to care for the dragon, sneaking him food when he could, ocationally stopping the scientists from going too far with there experiments. Now it was free to do as it wished. he just hoped it wasnt mad.
RAWR I'm a dragon!

Avatar Created, Updated, and Properly Fitted by Twitch.

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NinjaPuppy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:34 am

Chit sighed and sheathed his sword, seeing the parties start to lower their guns.

"now that wasn't so hard, was it?" He walked over to the coyote and gave him a nod.

"How d'ya do, name's Chit. You said you had other survivors with you in the subway. I don't know if Colonel bloodshot's got his bearings straight when it comes to supplying them, but I'm with a camp linked with-" Chit stops, looking back at the soldiers walking down to the humvee along with the other walking towards the subway. Chit leans in a bit and whispers in his ear. "-I'm with the Coalition of Survivor Colonies. It's a group of Colonies and outposts that have linked up together to share and trade supplies for mutual survival." he leans back. "you and your survivors are more than welcome to join up with us, we have plenty of food and supplies, so long as your willing to work your weight." Chit smiles through his mask. He wasn't ready to tell the other soldiers about the CSC, if they ever discovered a civie organization so big, they might try to take over out of 'good intention.'
"I know you might not be trusting of these military types, but I can ensure that they'll be safe with us."

Chit turns and blinks, noticing that Milo is nowhere to be seen.

"Milo? Milloooo!" he starts calling him. He HAD been acting a bit strange since they had left the uglie hole. It wasn't wise for them to seperate, but Chit had to keep an eye on the military. Humvee or not, his track appeared to be a bit stronger, and in some cases, a bit more protected than their rides, and he wasn't ready to part with it, so for now, he stayed with the soldiers.
Fear my Happy Fish of doom!
Pokemon Triple Dot is found at:
http://vimeo.com/user4796469
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay