Post Nuclear Wastelands (Ytiruces 36)

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Post Nuclear Wastelands (Ytiruces 36)

Postby SGT. Kudane » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:50 pm

The year is 056 A.A (After Apocalypse); war has broken out across the globe in what is known as Ytiruces (Security) 36. Development of a injection that alters DNA; enhancing metabolism, adrenaline, and stamina acceleration has peeked the attention of many Faction Leaders, Clans, and Terrorists (Those who oppose), Military Commanders (Those who prefer).

This asset was kept within a large government-controlled building, about 500 miles away within a metro. Unfortunately, one bomb (non-nuclear managed to detonate inside the city. Many buildings are now in ruins, and life itself has almost been irradicated. Out of a decent 200,000 lives total, only a rough 80,000 remain; some, lost, dead or dying.

Throughout the confusion of nuclear fallout, many cities have been destroyed. Those with proper fortification, shelter, and supplies survived the onslught of bombs, and the consequences of warfare.

For Rebels, Clans, Factions, and Terrorists, most of which now reside underground where fallout didn't exceed deep into the surface, some exception are those who personally owned their own shelters above ground. However, the is much civil unrest. The underground hideouts are not bunched like colonies, but scattered seperately. Idealism has varied, and the sole thought of survival, and the beleif of "strong over the weak" has definately become an option.

As for above the surface (or surface-dwellers), many survivors either owned their own for of shelter, took refuge within basements, subway stations, military bases, police stations; or anything that has a form of subterrainian structure. To gather what protection available many civilians have been converted into police/military could-be's, most simply pee-on's. Any special military, or those with a good background, led these groups, or went on to form their own, or chose to be left alone completely.

-{Both 'sides' are roughly, but equally equipped.
Both 'sides' have individuals from opposing "teams" (This is due to the confusion of warfare; and are easily interchangeable. There are those who wish to find more survivors; those who want to become more cooperative than opposing.
Whatever was able to be brought along before the bombs (or what is physically possible within an hour), is acceptable. Use your imagination. This is close to a huge city, there are weapon stores, restaurants, gas stations, car dealerships, abandoned military bases. It's all up for grabs! But you have miles of erroded Earth, and ruins to climb over!}-

Please have fun with this, add more to the setting, but be real! this is Post-Nuclear!}-
=Peace Through Supreme Technology=
SGT. Kudane
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby NinjaPuppy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:22 pm

(post apocalypse? this I gotta see.)

It has been a while since Chit had gone for a Search-Trac. many of the vehicles were destroyed during the war, but luckily some of the survivors in the surface camp had enough mechanical skill to build a few sturdy rovers out of some old Airplane Debris and some SUVs (those things had to be huge for a reason).
Chit had found his way to the surface camp some ten years ago, when his ship came to dock only to find his home had been bombed. now he contributes by giving combat lessons as well as providing entertainment to the other outposts via radio. thanks to the apocalypse, his ratings have been, well, perfect. but today chit is taking some supplies and his daily fuel ration to search the inland city for supplies, and hopefully survivors.

(just so you know, the car can hold four operators and three passengers)
Fear my Happy Fish of doom!
Pokemon Triple Dot is found at:
http://vimeo.com/user4796469
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby dragonien » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am

Milo sat beside Chit, staring out of the window looking for survivors. His deep blue scales gleamed slightly in the sunlight as they drove. he wasnt anything spectacular to look at. Only about eight feet tall to the top of the head. His body was nicely toned, but not overly muscular. he had worked out a decent amount to keep fit before the bomb. Before his life had changed forever.

he used to work in a small privately owned labratory dedicated to genetic research. It payed pretty well and he had a modest life, with a small house out in the country. He had been working on altering a strand of DNA in the Lab's vaccume sealed cleanroom when the bomb hit. The violent shaking caused by the blast caused him to fall and bang his head on the table.

When Milo had awoken he was in the ruins of the room, half of it having caved in from the blast. He waited there for a bit trying to figure out what was going on when a surface rescue mission passed by and picked both him and chit up, the lab being only a couple of blocks away from the supermarket where chit had been. However, on their way back from the ruins the convoy was attacked by a group of ravenous survivers that had long since gone insane with hunger. They both had hid under the wreckage of the truck after it crashed, managing to escape being eaten alive by the hungry cannables.

Since then they had become fast friends, as well as experienced scavengers of the wreckage that used to be cities. His old White lab coat that he used to wear had long since been discarded. he had replaced it with a pair of worn jean shorts that went down to his knees and a light red muscleshirt.
RAWR I'm a dragon!

Avatar Created, Updated, and Properly Fitted by Twitch.

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NinjaPuppy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 am

Chit opens the hood of the rover to check the engine, making sure nothing will break down on the journey through the wrecked town. getting ready for these Search-tracs always reminded him of when he first got into this mess. If he hadn't been debating between buying ketchup or catsup for so long, he probably would have been eradicated in the blast. "Thank god for ketchup." he always said to himself.

Chit pops his head out of the engine, his dark grey hood hiding his face, but leaving his ears and eyes exposed. his blondish golden fur a bit dirty, that was how he lived though. he flickes one of his pointed ears.

"hey, you think we should bring the .50 cal, or the sandbag anti riot launcher?" he asks, stepping out to show his black long sleeve shirt, with the spiral emblem of his family.
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 am

"Colonel we'll have the base online again soon."
A young wolf, wearing the simple combat trousers and vest indicated he was a newly raised recruit from the civy populace, was addressing a grizzled white tiger (its easier if I don't mess around with multiple chracters I have a real bad memory). The wolf saluted once for good measure with his left hand, realised his mistake then saluted with his right.
A different time, a different place. Kogenta was gripping a small sheet marked as an inventory. He put the list down, put the recruit at ease.
"Alright, remember drill begins at 0900. You've got ten minutes to get to the training hall."
As the wolf went off he sighed.
He wore the rank tabs of a colonel on the full combat uniform he wore. The red light of the emergency bulbs shaded his eyes red. He and the newly raised recruit were standing in the city's underground military base. There were 30 soldiers in the base, with another 50 recruits.
The inventory list stated the things he didn't want to know.
He had no tanks, no trucks, no jeeps but two humvees. He had a single MI-24 Hind attack-transporter. Still fully armed and fuelled luckily. A grand total of three gallons of petrol, four of kerosene. No electricity, but the generator was being repaired as he spoke. 30 CQ assault rifles (copied chinese versions of their coveted M16A1), 22 ceremonial SKS rifles, two grenade launchers, a single heavy machine gun, and a maybe close to a hundred colts taken from remaining police stations in the area plus ammunition for each of them.

On the whole it wasn't too bad, the base was almost entirely underground. What they had lost was the above ground assets, including the land based vehicles, fuel depot and communications relay. At least he still had weaponry. He walked down the corridor towards the training hall. There as he watched he could see two of his soldiers drilling the locals. The C company (cadet company) was shaping up good. With a flicker the full lighting came on.
"At last. Lieutenant Sommers!"
One of the drill instructors broke off and marched smartly up to him before saluting.
"At ease. Two things. First we have already discussed sign and countersign for the entrance, place a sentry there, and 2nd inform Captain Larkin he's in charge until I get back."
"Yes sir."
The lieutenant took off on the double. The Colonel then made his way to the armoury and took a single CQ, plus pistol. He met with the sentry and then exited the base. Two other soldiers came with him.
------------------------
A pleasant breeze rolled over him, the sun was shining softly. It would have been a good day, of course, the ruined city before him pointed out that to think it would be a good day would be to lie to oneself.
"Right, stick to me like glue, this is a search and rescue mission. We're to rescue any civies who still have their mental faculties. If they don't respond shoot them and shoot to kill. I don't want a repeat of that last attack. We go on foot to the objective namely the supermarket area."
After testing their mics, and checking each others equipment they left. After five minutes of careful movement his mic suddenly picked up.
"Colonel, Captain Larkin here, we have a radio up and have discovered a recent transmition to the west of your location. We;ve got nearly everything up now."
Placing his hand on the transmit button the Colonel spoke.
"Right, I was the ranking military officer in this city. I want you to transmit on the standard military frequency 36400 Hz. Try to make contact with the other two bases."
Signalling to his men to carry on, he and the two headed west towards Milo and Chit.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby dragonien » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:11 am

Milo looked up from his daydream over at chit. "huh? oh. lets take the .50 cal we dont have much ammo for the launcher and its almost impossible to find any." he answered, getting out and walking over to get said part.

He walked over to a pile of assorted parts and pieces and waved you over "hey! come help me with this, i cant get it myself."
RAWR I'm a dragon!

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NinjaPuppy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:33 am

Chit walks over and cracks his neck a little. "you think they would make lighter equipment." he jokes as the two lift it up to mount it on the vehicle. "It's awfully slow today. Not a lot of people are out." the puppy comments, looking over the somewhat deserted courtyard/garage. Once he sets up the gut atop the circular rail on the ceiling of the track, he slips out of the back door. "so, If no one else decides to come, do you want to man the gun?" Chit teases, aware of how trigger happy Milo was the last time he got his hands on a lethal weapon.
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby The_Anarchitect » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:29 am

Anarch sat, head in his hands, alone in a chair. Said chair stood in the middle of a ruined labratory, the roof collapsed and floor buckled into the story below. After the bomb, his life's work had been destroyed for the personal gain of a military power. His company, NR-Tech, shelled and half-consumed by fire, served as his residency and base of operations.
A rustle from behind him roused Anarch from his melancholic daze. "Who is it?" he asked.
"Kevin, sir." responded the rust-colored husky, Kevin. Around his shoulder hung the strap of his rifle, and a damn good shot he was with it, too.
Rising to his full height, the 7'3" jackal dwarfed the 6'2" husky. Crossing to him, "Don't call me sir, it the connotations disgust me." It had been the military to detonate the bomb, destroying everything and more in Anarch's life. He had been on the cutting edge of medicine, even if medicine had regresses in the A.A. ages.
Prosthetics and radical healing techniques, all gone. The only thing left of his work were his own artificial body parts, his left leg, right arm and eye and lung, as well as the manipulation tendrils protruding from his back. All made of the same theoretically scratch-proof, shatter-proof, ultra-strong tungsten-titanium alloy.
During the chaos after the bomb, Anarch had snagged a small group of still-sane survivors from the clutches of urban violence and unrest. Among them were Kevin, the sharp-shooting husky, Luna, his roo wife, Kelpie, his medical assisstant here at NR-Tech, Anube, his quick thinking brother, and Roger, the hare of no discernable specialty. All struggling together, trying to stay alive.
Amongst the ruins of NR-Tech, the group had found almost everything they needed to survive; shelter, water, medical supplies, improvisable weapons, etc. Unfortunately, they lacked long-term food supplies, and needed to trade for sustainance. Medicals were in high demand, but also attracted wandering groups of undesirables, harriers, raiders, terrorists and other groups. Fortunately, everyone round NR-Tech is a good shot.
;3
The_Anarchitect
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby dragonien » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:43 pm

The dragon twitched a bit at the thought of manning the gun. the feel of the trigger, the jump of the recoil, the smell of spent bullets! Before the bomb he had been addicted to those first person shooter video games, and now getting to use the real thing got a rise out of him.

"y..yYESS" he said quickly, literally leaping towards the vehicle to get in place at the turrent. "Lets go!"
RAWR I'm a dragon!

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NinjaPuppy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:01 pm

the pup gave a bit of a smirk at Milo, nearly drooling all over the gun. He turns and hops into the driver's seat. "let's find us some stragglers!" Chit nods as he throws his AK into the passenger's seat. the engine of the homemade half-track begins to humm and sputter, not the greatest engine in the world, but that's expected when you're in an apocalyptic wasteland. the drive is long and uncomfortable, the treads of the vehicle forced to scale the debris of the city. scraps of metal, burning rubble, even the cruching remains of those who couldn't make it in time. it was a depressing sight, but the two had gotten used to it by now. "It's amazing nobody has cleaned this up yet. I wonder if any of the governments are still in power after all these years." he says to his blue dragon friend.

the pup flicks his arm, letting his hand pop out further from his long dark sleeve, and checks the onboard computer. They had recently covered the shopping mall. It was a shame that those crazed survivors had to attack, all Chit and Milo wanted to do was help. But all they seemed to notice was the vehicle they were driving. thankfully, the large amount of supplies they got from there made up for it. this time, they had to go to the main plaza district. hopefully, some of the gun shops would give a good shipment or two, maybe even tide them off for a few weeks. but Chit was more concerned with the food there. Since there was a lab nearby, there's the possibility that it might have been contaminated. Good thing Milo had an eye for things like that.
NinjaPuppy
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Archive: Roleplay