The Great Story War continues

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby President Rufus » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:57 am

"Indeed. I believe that I could have guessed your importance."
Kogenta was smiling now, darkness gone from form and expression.
What an insecure scientist. Ain't many of those around.
As a guest it was not his place to begin the meal by calling the waiter. So he would wait. He began conversing in Chinese to Yisou hoping Odin would not understand.
Chinese:
"Yisou, you were right I did meet him before. A few hundred years back. But this isn't the same person, not any more at any rate. Last I met he was a treasure hunter."
"I thought so. But why did you silence me?"
"It's important he doesn't know because the idea that we knew him in the past may be confrontational."
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:50 pm

Odin smirked as he watched Kogenta conversed audibly with his friend, but nodded and looked to the awaiting waitress, a shapely kitsune wearing a very formal looking dress for a waitress. He smiled, saying aloud.
"Yes, I will have Fuqi Feipian, my friend Kogenta will have some plain rice, his companion shall have the Italian special of the night and, Dr.Suva..."
He looked to the dragon, noting that he was still looking at the menu. Sighing and shaking his head, he looked back at the waitress and apologized, the waitress smiled and bowed slightly to Odin. He looked over at Mr.Kent, who was sipping at his water, eyeing the tiger warily.
"Are you eating tonight, Kent?"
The human shook his head.
"No sir...lost my appetite long ago..."
Odin smirked and nodded before looking at Hakuryu, seeing the little dragon's protective nature, smiling as he added to the waitress, pointing at the dragon.
"Also, an order of some of your Dragon Beard Candy for the white dragon, as well..."
The kitsune smiled and nodded, writing it down, chuckling as she watched as the little dragon eyed all those there as it protected its horde with dear life.
"Now...the Legion....I know very little of their EXACT origins...but they had belonged in control of several people...and after pulling a few strings...they're in mine...and being considered one of the best in assassains...they are just of many aces I have in my sleeve...now...Explain your intentions and wishes you would like for me and my company to do for you...and I'll see what we can do to come to an arrangement....hm...over dinner, as soon as the good doctor here makes his mind...."
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:13 pm

When the one-eyed wolf mentioned not knowing the exact origions, the slightest scoff escaped Dr. suva, its deep tone unignorable. The dragon seemed oblivious to others attention as his mind churned over the list. "...Salisbury steak, rare please" He finally said, flashing the waitress a weak smile. Handing her the final menu in his paws, he turned and began looking at his guests. Through the thickness of his glasses, none of their guests could be certain whether he was looking at them or not.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:49 pm

Suddenly Kogenta was all business like as what he said now would be key.
"Well, clearly I would like an immunity, spanning my employment with you, from all of your aces, namely creatures such as the Black Skull Legion. Other than that I wouldn't mind a screw driver, a monkey wrench, spanner, and penknife."
Seeing the puzzled looks on the table, he gestured at Hakuryu.
"If that sugar he's happily eating is still present when he turns into a jeep the engine will burn it into a caramel substance. And then I'll have to clean it out. It gets embarissing when mechnics ask me how I managed to get burnt gunk on the engine. I also wouldn't mind some authentic mahjong tiles and a few chinese puppets. Nigh on impossible to obtain them."
Yisou chuckled a little.
"Kogenta, you really are a material person. Me, Mr. Odin am more sophisticated. I'd like a simple payment. Money has always been my highlights again in return to my service to you."
His eyes glittered seeming to reflect his greed.
Kogenta smiled to himself, he had no intention of 2000 years service. As soon as Odin died and lost control of his Black Skull Legion he'd be off. And quick.
"Hakuryu probably just wants petrol and sugar."
The dragon looked up and nodded his assent to this.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:03 pm

Odin nodded at Kogenta and Yisou's demands, but not before giving the draconic doctor a dark look before relaying his order to the waitress, who smiled weakly from the way Odin went from polite to dead serious in seconds flat, bowing and quickly walked away with their orders.
"But of course...you will have abosolute immunity from all my resources and employees. And Dr.Suva here would gladly volunteer some of his own gear to help you with your "maintenence"...as well as aiding in the actual maintaining...Also, I'll have your tiles and puppets delivered to you from our partners in Hong Kong first thing tomorrow morning....Well, as soon as you sign this...."
Pulls a document from his jacket, as well as a pen, pushing it to the tiger.
"Sign this, and all you requested is yours..."
He nods and turns to Yisou.
"You will be given a similiar paper as well, but one matter....Any particular form of money you prefer? Dollar? Yen? Deutschmarks? Rubles? Name it, and it will be in your contract..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:33 pm

It was strange. Odin seemed to be pushing them into an agreement, but Kogenta didn;t mind. Well, the snort from the dragon meant something too. Although he figured he'd let the wolf keep some secrets.
Kogenta was also in the habit of being too lazy to read contracts so he signed without paying much attention to what was written.
So he signed his soul away to the devil.
(using the figure of speech)

Yisou blinked and decided to keep it simple.
"I believe American dollar is ample enough. I am pleased with such. Where do I sign?"
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:18 am

Odin smirked as Kogenta quickly signed his contract, nodding as he took it back, looking it over and looking rather satisfied for everything to be in order...
Stuffs it into his jacket, and pulls out another one, scribbling down Yisou's request before handing it to him, along with the pen.
"Trust me gentlemen, you will not regret this...trust me...you won't...."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:24 am

Why oh why did he feel worried about the way Odin ahd declared that they would not regret their desicions. Give a few centuries and he'd probably tire of it. Most youkai never stuck to one thing but acted often on their wishes and desires, rather than loyalty or such to others. But a signed contract was an honoured agreement.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:01 am

The dichotomous Dr. Suva responded to the look in kind, giving his own sideways glare. He knew exactly what the wolf meant, and wanted to shoot back 'not on your life, cyplops!'...but of course, he didn't. Instead he sighed, and put on a fake smile for the guests. He knew what was in store for them, and didn't look forward to it. Especially his own end. Its not ready, he thought... you damn well know its not ready.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:20 am

Though, looking too focused on Yisou's writing onto his contract, and being a one eyed wolf, Odin trusted his other senses for suspicion...that, and his cybernetic eye was currently logged into the resteraunt's camera, both allowing him to play cool and keep an eye on things without blowing his cover...especially when he catches Suva's scowl. He's going to regret that...especially since he's been behind on the current projects...what IS that dragon up to...?

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Roleplay