Interstellar Rampage

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby President Rufus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 am

The craft docked once more with the RSF Jerritan. It disgorged a none to happy Captain who for once realised his mistake. Here he was on a potential enemy's ship. Woops. Regulations stated he talk with them on his ship where he could hold all the cards.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Modem » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:35 pm

The captain made his way towards the main airlock, going through several floors on his ship. He let his mind wander for now, unsure of the outcomes of what was about to occur. He had to tread very carefully within these next few moments, for undoubtably, they would determine if his mission was a success or failure.

"I hope that excavation crew story would hold up..." he whispered to himself. Finally he arrived within the floor he desried, and walked almost briskily to the airlock room. "Ah Zee, you're here. I apologize for the charade, but this encounter has to be as formal as possible." he thought for a moment, "If they decide to explore our ship, I may need you as a deversion of some kind." he glanced to his engine room officer in high regard. Without Zee, they probably would not have made it this far out. "What was it in the engine room you saw, anyways?" he questioned, making sure he looked as presentable as possible, before walking towards the first airlock doors...
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
-Judge Raines, Reign Over Me
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:30 pm

Zee stood there watching the captain head out "Bad news." he said blandly, only hinting at the problems he encountered. "I'll give you a full report when you return" Zee grinned, nodding he started to walk back, stopping abruptly. "Diversion?" he asked himself, suddenlyl realizing what the captain meant. A sly look developed on his muzzle as he made his way back towards the engine room.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 am

The airlock opened and disgorged two men in suits of armor, these suits functioned as temporary space suits with around 2 to 3 minutes of air should they be in a vacuum but functioned better onboard a ship or on ground. Then Kogenta followed after them who took a place on each flank.
In a holster around his waist there was a TIP carbine (Thermal Induction Pulse) which meant it was along the grounds of a laser beam. While the two guards each carried two EE guns (Energy Explosives) though impractical in a ship, their size caused many a crewman to wonder what he was doing around them.
Kogenta started out, straight to business.
"My first commando team is already aboard and is checking your cargo even as I speak. The law states that I may make a cargo check without the Captain's acknowledgement if he is in a suspicious craft, which you sir are in. So why don't you trot out your ship's log etc and let's resolve this matter shall we?"
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:57 am

(ooc: and out from the shadows of space rises...a new threat...nah, just a wolf who doesn't know better...mind if I take a dive into the action?)

Not too far from to the two large space transportation vehicles; a small, single person transport carrier slowed out of hyperdrive. Not too fancy, a bit of a relic compared to most transportation out in the galaxies these days, this little thing (compared to the large objects in its trajectory), it made up with style: Basically shining chrome with the title painted on both sides: Steel Horse, but it was what was on the name that caught most attention: a more than modest asseted wolfess, laying on her belly wearing nothing but a cowboy hat, the black fur on her body, and the sultry grin and the seductive gleam in her eye (and since this isn't in the adult section, she laying on her stomach with her arms crossed, the naughty bits covered, only giving the "illusion" of nudity...anyway...). Inside, the driver of this..."Steel Horse", was also of lupine nature...but not at all female or black furred like the calender girl on his ship. He was about 6'4'' and well muscled from years of hardwork and..."shady activites". His fur gleamed but looked permantely dyed to a gunsmoke gray...and smelt like it too (gunsmoke, so please, no hygine jokes...) He was the biggest of his bloodline ever, which all males were given the name:
Odin.
Anyway, he wore what looked like a white t-shirt, a sleevless (ripped off, thank you very much) leather vest, leather fingerless gloves, black jean pants, and biker boots. His eyes hidden behind black reflective sunglasses, pushing back the black cowboy hat he also wore to see better as he grinned as his radar picked up the signatures of two large spacecraft...but he could see them quite easily with his own eyes.
"Excellent...customers..." he said with cheer, looking back briefly at his many boxes of "mechandise"
Odin was what you called...a merchant of antiquity...and when we say merchant, we mean black marketeer, and when we say antiquity, we mean topnotch, kept in excellent working order, and customized to satisfy old weaponry....REAL old....Stuff from all the way back when his great X 10+ (you didn't think I was gonna go into that "great-great-great..."business didja?) grandfather, started their trade back when Earth was still inhabited....LONG before space travel was perfected, along with various stuff since then too, including stuff from hisgeneration...not exactly legal in a sense, but he had permits and badges for 'im...even if he din'twant no stinking badges..... Anyway, he looked back to his console, working them till the ship was moving on auto pilot towards the nearest of the two ships, giving him time and free hands to access his transponder, sending a live message to bnoth ships as soon as he got a hold of their respective signals.
"Oi, Ladies and Gents, this is Captain Odin of the T.S. Steel Horse. Permission to dock and board in one of yer landing bays so we can do a little trading,hm? I'm sure what you're looking for, I've got...as long as you've got the credits.... Over and out!" clicking off the microphone
He then laid back in the pilot's chair as he placed his booted feet on the dash, waiting with a smirk for a response
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:25 am

"Captain we have another ship on screen."
"Datavise the message to my neural nanonics Ensign."
Kogenta actually face palmed himself. Looked like the guy couldn't tell the difference between a patrol destroyer and a transport ship.
Within seconds a copy of the message was relayed to the Captain's brain.
He grinned somewhat evilly.
"Well, Captain Modem, I leave you with my liason officer as it seems there is some incriminating evidence against you."
Kogenta shuttled himself back onboard the UED Rome and the ship's engines glowed moved off a little away from the smaller RSF Jerritan.
"Right then, let's make him sweat."
The Steel Horse seemed small, but he knew several ship's that had been taken out by 'small ships' simply because they could carry a few combat wasps. Electronic warfare displays at the bridge began to confirm that the Steel Horse was locked onto and that the Electronic Warfare was locking out his ability to 'jump' out.
A message was directed towards the ship.
"This is the United Earth Directorate patrol ship UED Rome. We have a total of one hundred and twenty combat wasps available. Please shut down your engines and prepare for a boarding team. You are suspected of smuggling and illicit dealing."
Then Kogenta's face brightened.
"However I may be able to make a proposition rather than strip you of your ship and send you to the nearest prison planet."
----------------------------
Another group of commandos prepared to enter the shuttle for boarding with the enemy ships. Those onboard the RSF Jerritan had already left the ship save one who was wearing power armor and equipped with a TIP carbine.
---------------------------
"Well Captain," the soldier said, stressing out the word, "I'm now your liason officer until the present crisis is dealt with. It appears that we have a... ah situation with an illicit trader."

(Note: combat wasp would be essentially a nuclear device placed on top of a missile with thrusters. They have their own autonomous thinking and in terms of number games it would take a minimum of three defensive wasps to take down one attacking wasp because of the thrusters and autonomous control. Nasty. Real nasty. Wait till I get to antimatter fuel sources! They make a combat wasp look like a fire cracker.)
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:45 am

Odin smacks his forehead.
"Ah, Godammit...jeez of all the damn sectors, I had to land in the one with the UED ship...shit..."
He stopped his engines,his ship hanging there in space, and waited...just in time to catch the officer's offer. The wolf smirked.
"...hmm..."
He picked up the com. again and replied
"Alright, jarhead, you've got my attention...send in yer team and let's talk terms..."
Well...this is probably better than prison...unless he'd like to REALLY deserve it...all he need was the reason to do so...

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:47 am

[Heh, I'm loving the tech...you're not the only one with something up his sleeve. 8)]

The wolven engineer made his way down the corridor, eyeing warily the character with full bodyarmor and a mean looking gun as he passed by towards the rear of the ship. Just ahead of engineering in an out of the way location was a small, heavily locked room with the simple name
"Secondry Mains" above the hatch, a cryptic name mean to confuse an outsider as to its true purpose. Plugging in his code and pulling open the bolted door, he went inside. The door automaticaly locked upon closing, and a dim blue light filted around. He reached for the com button and spoke calmly "Captian, this is Zee--how goes the inspection? I'm on standby to disengage the Heinkel Drive should we need to." The line, while innoccuous to anyone else, was a secret code. There is no 'Heinkel Drive'. In the secondry mains room, he had nominal control of the the engines, but complete command of the ship's defensive capabilities. In particular, 'Heinkel Drive' was the codename for ACS field projection, the Active Camoflauge System. A cloaking device.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:01 am

Kogenta responded to Odin's reply.
"Right, I and some guards will be coming aboard momentarily."
He shit off the viewscreen and grinned. He had some money and he was willing to pay for some new equipment. God knows the UED was real behind in tech. Sure they had nice things like wasps, power armor, TIP and EE weapons but they didn't have the real stuff like antimatter. All UED ship's used fusion drives, antimatter would increase speed by nearly twice as much but was so volatile that antimatter combatwasps, would generate nuclear explosions on a far larger scale, which meant if you weren't careful... boom!
------------------
The Commando's aboard the shuttle saluted as Kog walked in and the tiny shuttle left the ship along with two fighters for protection. The destroyer was a large ship but still too small for a decent sized fighter screen, with one fighter squad of four and a commando shuttle. It docked with the Steel Horse easily. Now would come the hard part. Trading.
------------------
The commando saw Zee enter a codelocked door but thought nothing of it.
With a UED ship nearby there was no reason to suspect trickery. The soldier was about to ask the captain about that, when the cargo team made a hit. Neural nanonics (little head computers unseen by naked eye)
meant that the entire team knew of this without having to say a word and through extension so did Kogenta.
"I think that your game's up, you are under arrest captain Modem for smuggling..."
His face went blank for a moment.
"Weapons and drugs."
The soldiers eyes widened as the list grew extending to guns which he hadn't even heard of.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:35 am

As soon as they docked, they were greeted by blaring rock music that seemed mostly to annoy them, but then saw the big wolf, nodding his head to the tunes as he mouthed the words before grinning at them, flipping a switch, turning the music off.
"Sorry, kind of felt in the mood for some classical stuff...you know, one of the better composers of the 21st century: Nickleback. That was one of their later symphonies: "Animal"
(ooc: Blame Twitch for this...I went to his FurAffinity site and saw "ddr animal"...and well, great song, but now its stuck in my head!)
Now,lets work on this deal, hm? The tall wolf didn't seem phased by the group of soldiers, just smiled at them without a care in the world

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay