Interstellar Rampage

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby Modem » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:54 pm

As he waited for Zee to hide, he still aimed his rifle at the pilots, nudging to the door.
"Open it...I want him inside. Got it?" The pilots acknowledged, and both stood, heading towards the door. At this moment, a massive bell rang in his head.
He doesn;t know what we look like....
As one of the pilots reached for the door, he quickly pulled out two tranq viles, and with a quick motion, he punctured both pilots' necks, lulling them into an instant sleep. He leaned down, holstering the vial and his rifle behind him and started trudging both bodies off to the side. He glanced to Zee, "Change of plans. Stay in the shuttle. Act as a pilot. I'll meet Odin and nab the stuff. Soon as he's onboard and equipment is here, tranq him. We'll head back to the ship afterwards..." he stood up and quickly made a ahcnge of small wardrobe, trying to look as much of a drone of the UED as he could.
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
-Judge Raines, Reign Over Me
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:07 pm

"Jeez, whats taking them so long to get out here...?" the wolf thought impaitiently, only getting him pumped for a physical confrontation with a number of soldiers trained to kill and armed with high tech weaponry
"...hm...maybe should've gotten my guitarcase then..." Odin thought in hindsight....
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:21 am

The pilot felt the gun at his head and instantly got ready to fight. His nanonics found a hand to hand fighting file and lowered his breathing, calming him as it shifted his centre of balance, it was preparing to try to disarm the gunman when he was shot. Then priorities were overridden as the neural nanonics started throwing up damage reports to the pilot, including slowing the pilot's heart to a crawl in the event that it was poison. At the same time the pilot ordered his nanonics to contact the Captain.

-------------------
The UED Rome was watching the situation get out of hand.
The ship had disappeared from sight making standard UED tactics useless. Sure, cloaking could be detected by wasps but they took much longer to lock signals. So Kogenta did what he thought was the correct thing to do.
"UED Rome under unknown attack from cloaked opponent. Requsting voidhawk assistance."
"UED Rome, Admiral er Captain Kogenta, you need not ask they're on their way."
"Slips like that might make me a better hostage be careful."
"Sorry sir."
-------------
Within minutes two voidhawks arrived via self contained wormholes. Voidhawks were the best the military had but unfortunately didn't own them. The UED didn't own the Edenists and so had no jurisdiction but in ruturn for UED support the Edenists let the military use their voidhawks. A navy of fifty would be lucky to receive one. They were the jealousy of many a pilot. The ultimate fusion of ship and captain. These were biological/mechanical warships that could 'heal' and possesed an intelligence and personality of its own. Their main most useful abilities were their distortion fields which were incredible because it allowed the ship to 'see' anything within it, including cloaked ships through nanonics the captain saw the same. These ships screamed in towards the Jerritan each firing a standard five wasps before jumping out, only to jump back in elsewhere to fire another five. UED warships, heck all warships couldn't manage accuracy like that, because it required reaction speeds only voidhawk sentients could achieve.
Kogenta made note of the arrival of the two and reminded himself to have a go at the HQ commander for sending two voidhawks. That was a real give away.
The cargo transport had docked with Odin's Steel Horse and then the pilot's came out to find themselves looking at several guns.
Of the squad onboard two had their EE guns facing Odin, the other two had their EE guns facing the two pilots. Kogenta smiled annoyingly.
"Mr. Modem I am glad to see you again. I had assumed it was you or a lacky of yours that took down the pilot. We've heard your plan from the nanonics of my liason and I also received information about the sudden neutralisation of my pilot."
He was holding a rather nasty looking TIP pistol at Modem.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:14 am

(ooc: Hmm...thesevoidhawks soundalot like Durlan tech...but thats just the comic geek side of me...)
Odin eyesw idened behind sunglasses as Modem's disguise was blown...followed by Kogenta's pistol in his direction.
"Once again, UED is the root of the problem..." he thought to himself ashe focused on the two soldiers that were aiming at him. His cybernetic eye glew green as he grinned. His earlier examination of the nanonics had allowed him to get a hold their signal, able to customize a particularly nasty computer virus he had at his disposal. Sending off a strong signal at them, he watched with satisfaction as they dropped their guns clutching their hearts as they fell to the ground, convulsing as they felt a technologically induced heart attack as their nanonics failed them. He sent a weaker signal to dull the other guards reflexes, as well as Kogentas as he leapt past the fallen guards, removing the handcannon as he pressed its muzzle agaisnt Kogenta's temple.
"Now, I think thats a tad rude to pull such amove on me and my guests, huh, don't you think? Here I thought you UED's were more gentlemen than the gung-ho guns you apparently are...now..."
Looks to the "pilots"
"As for the one named Modem, I have a bone to pick with you...quickly before my trigger finger gets TOO itchyhere, which I'm sure the captain here would really hate...

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:32 am

(didn't know you could get Sci-fi comics)
Kogenta's brain was throwing up all sorts of problems received from the now dead guards.
*Malfunction. Viral warfare detected. Unknown virus. Compensating....
Nanonics online. Commencing repairs.*
Kogenta could barely see what was going on as the nanonics threw up more and more problems some his own some the virus from the guards. Including the reflex decreasing. So he shut down the module, he prefered to do things manually anyway. He reflex's returned but to late to do anything as Odin had his gun. However he sent one signal to the downed men's nanonics.

Kogenta smiled as the two armored guards that had collapsed started to rise again. Their brains dead but the nanonics functioning well enough to control the entire body however as there was a remote control directing them it meant that the reflexes were slower than normal due Kogenta's module having to process the information. The armored suits pulled themselves up and reached for their guns.
"I still think Mr. Odin that ordnance such as EE grenades should be avoided. The gun behind you should prove that. You, Mr. Odin should be aware that the UED does not take kindly to law breakers. Mr. Modem here has restricted weapons, being an ACS and has got one of my liason's hostage. If I die, the Rome will fire fifty wasps. Giving you at its current range 1.4 seconds to reach the closest jump node being five minutes away before the wasps impact so I think you should avoid killing me. Mr. Odin I represent the UED's interests and law enforcement. If you wanted a gentlemen you should have talked to our politicians."
The stunned guards responded in like by aiming at the area. There was a click as grenade rounds entered the chambers.
"A powered suit can withstand EE grenades but I don't think a space suit can so both of us are in a stalemate for now."
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:51 am

(ooc: Yeah, but only a little...but I only remembered that Durlan bit cause of a new character introduced in a comic called "52", the character was called "The Immortal Man In Shadows" (I believe thats the full name), a member of an elite group of metahumans formed by the Chinese government to act as protectors from the USA, which seemed to have a HUGE overstock of super beings...anyway, back to my point, this immortal always rode in a futuristic (shadowy black,hence the name) space craft which later turned ou tto be somewhat connected to him and "alive" as it responded to his thoughts and Healed like your voidhawks...though, kind of ironic given the situation...sorry...geek part of me had overirdden my common sense, back to the story...though, nice touch with the reanimated armor suits :wink: )

Odin, grinned, knew he was screwed but at least he'd take this smirking bastard with him.
"I guess we are...still...I think these powered suits,along with your nearby allies would have a hell of a time since if I die, my baby, this ship right here..."(referring to the Steel Horse),
"..will not only self-destruct, taking us all, but activate a little something called a WMD: Wormhole Manipulation Device as a final protocal before self destuction...this will pull all your little voidhawks, all your wasps, and your damn main ship into an artificial wormhole...sure, it won't lastlong since its unstable...but where it will take you, who knows? Maybe somewhere safe,maybe somewhere uncharted, hell maybe even the core of a sun!...who's to say?...do you wanna gamble? As for where the WMD is, it could be anywhere on me or my shipor even in that engine I sold to you. How its activated, is me to know,and you to bug off. 'Cause If I'm going down today..."
The wolf grinned right in KOgenta's face with obvious insubordinance,
"...then I'm sure I'm gonna make you regret doing it for the last seconds of your life...SIR..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:19 am

Kogenta laughed. He liked this wolf. Arrogant, brave and certainly clever.
"Nice. Nice. I do believe that a voidhawk could open its own wormhole before your took it, but yes our ship would be doomed. Wiat you have a WMD? and you let it have an exit?! If you want its full effect the other end should be shut. Ship's that can't control the wormhole would remain there forever. But a voidhawk they can control wormholes with their distortion fields so they might be alright."
In the middle of this stalemate, wasps were still being fired by the voidhawks at the Jerritan which were now beginning to shoot using mass drivers, (gatling guns) as these had the added benefit of going straight through shields. Lasers were absorbed until the shield's capacity overloaded and then collapsed small bullets went right through because all shields were only effective against lasers.
"Well Mr. Odin I think us four, should chat. I'll call off my ships for the duration."
He holstered the TIP pistol.
"Your electronic warfare pod is good, but the counter virus has already been uploaded. Must have been custom seeing as nanonics normally fight back."
---------
The UED Rome stopped manouvering as did the voidhawks although they kept the Jerritan in their sights while the Rome moved closer towards the Steel Horse. The Rome did not have a shield as such as it was normally a long range destroyer which meant if was normally far outside of laser and mass driver range but at optimum wasp range, hence its over abundance of combat wasps as well. The Rome moved closer to the smaller ship as a warning, threat and to intimidate. The Rome was large enough for a flight of fighters, an MSV (mobile space vessel), and a transport and so would be able to ram right through the steel horse with ease. UED ships were generally built large but destroyers and corvettes were created to combat hit and run pirates. Meanwhile voidhawks were smaller but nothing escaped voidhawks excpet blackhawks which where a step above but very very rare. Generally only rare few had the money to have a blackhawk egg germinated.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:31 am

Kogenta's neural nanonics were in overdrive and the tactical module had already decided firmly that should Odin die he was 100% dead and the Rome had a 99.9% chance of being taken out, however it had equally worked out that his death would ensure 100% chance of the people on board the ship being taken out by the combat wasps. The best his tactical module could give him was a 32% chance of survival if he incapacitated Odin and followed up by taking down Modem and Zee, both probably armed. He didn't like those odds so he was forced to play diplomatically.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Odin grinned as he saw the feline captain chuckled and compliment his moves about the WMD and the nanonic virus, but pointed out his forgetfullness about the voidhawks.
"To be honest, who cares if the minnows get away if you can tag the big bass, ie you...now, I'm not gonna lower my weapon until you order your two guards and your pair of electronic puppets..." nodding his head to the armored soldiers, given a semblance of life thanks to their nanonics.
"...as well as ordering them to bugger off and leave us alone, since what the four of us have to say has very little to no matter to them...get my drift?"
He made sure it was clear as his hand cannon was still pressed to Kogenta's temple until he saw the others' weapons were dropped...

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:50 am

"I think Mr. Odin I can agree with you there."
He didn't actually agree but it was best to put on a good face even if your tactical module told you that now your chances were 8% at making a good get away.
"Although Mr. Odin I am not a big fish. UED warships are hardly big fish. We could be taken out by voidhawk if there were more voidhawks than UED ships. Currently I know of only 30 in existance within the fleets serving their terms. So the big fish are out there."
He grinned at the wolf.
"I'm a Captain of a ship hardly big fish in anyway. We're the minnows in fleet warfare. The UED can replace one hundred thousand warships in one day but they could never replace a voidhawk, mainly because the Edenists are separate from the UED."
He datavised an order and his two live guards lowered their weapons, without word or question they saluted their commander and left the room. not actually letting go of the weapons while the two dead ones collapsed again.
*proximity warning. ship Rome is under 500m from ship Steel Horse.*
*prximity warning. ship Rome is holding off at 450m. Collision highly possible.*
The message repeated itself although Kogenta was hardly worried. All the Rome had to do was to power its frontal engines to reverse.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay