Interstellar Rampage

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby zukezorin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 am

The blue tinted wolf at the controls spoke into the coms, dispensing with secrecy "Spinning up ACS on four" He spoke, reaching for one of the larger controls off to the right. Sliding back a protective cover, he push a low and wide lever forward, it sliding up little rails before he pressed, and it sunk down.

To any observer, questions would arise of the ships stationary status. It appeared as if invisible clouds started to brush pass, like the ship was skiriting into skies of darkness. Thicker and thicker the distorttions became before the entire ship was vanished, nothing but the blackness of space.

Immediately charging the thrusters, Zee directed the exaust up, jinking the whole ship down with some minor jolts, turning towards the side and cutting power, the ship running silent as it cruised slowly. A sensor system started flashing one one of the wolfs screens, to which he hit a large blue button in front. All throughout the ship the bright lights dimmed, with deep blue lights coming on at regular intervals and in major compartments. "Captain" his voice crackled, calm and even "Targets incoming, defensive on standby" He lifted his paw and kept it hovered over the defensive controls were any of the systems needed, his other laying gentling on the engine controls, incase some dodging was in order. While he had full control of the anti-attack and shielding systems, the bridge held all offensive capability. If they needed to fire back, the captain was the only one to make that desicion.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:14 am

The combat wasps numbering five in number were streaking towards their target when it disappeared. They had been two minutes from contact. At 1.99 minutes the combat wasps had analysed that the enemy had not left the field nor been destroyed. 1.89 minutes from the enemy the wasps, not knowing where the target was settled for dispersion assaults seeing as they had accepted that they could not hit their target unless their sensors could see it.
1 minute away from the target's last known location, all five wasps containment fields deactivated and submunitions were released in the same direction as the wasp itself matched the speed of the submunitions and detonated itself. The result was an atomic explosion (of course dispersion assaults were very weak as the majority of radiation and damage was sent to empty space) angled towards the last known location of the Jerritan. (yep, AIs have gone a long way 8) ). As soon as the five wasps detonated a further five were launched from the Rome's wasp launch tubes. (Wasps being verstile little buggers were able to take up either a defensive role or offensive depending on the needs of the ship firing.)
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:40 am

The wolf nodded, following the procedure as clean and legal as possible, humbled by the thought of being eight hundred thousand credits richer as they soon wrapped up,his Jovian card registering and accepting of the transaction. Stuffing the card back into his pocket, he smiles.
"Whatever hovers your craft, sir...just send her my way...and to be honest, I did identify myslef when I came within your reach...now...excuse me..."
He turned back to his console, and begin to adjust his control just as Kogenta advised...with the exception of sending a small signal of his own hacking design that would be overlooked as simple static from anyone's sensors besides the intended target, which he sent to where the other lost "idiot" kogenta had mention was last seen,the simple text message being:
"Odin seeking to speak with the one named Modem...urgent...please respond...quietly...still boarded by UED..."
the message would blink on the screen on any computer in the craft...
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:46 am

"Friend my advice was that you being in a slightly illegitimate business should have checked what ship's where present before broad casting to a UED ship that you... well had I been an uptight Captain, I think you would have had a great stay on a prison planet."
The transport was heading towards Odin's ship but was unable to return, nor was the shuttle as the Rome was at full combat speed and so not advisable to get on at the time.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Modem » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:18 pm

He continued to observe the ongoings of the two people, feeling the sudden burst of an explosion nearby.
"Wasps....never thought I'd see those again.." he muttered, knowing full well his hull was designed to withstand such a blast. "Zee, increase speed by 15%, I want to get near the UED...it looks like the Captain will be receiving somethig a bit more than just cargo...." he stepped back from the controls, calling out to hsi onboard AI. "Andrea, monitor the ship. Zee, meet me in transport. SInce you seemed to be the only one else who woke up, I'm gonna need some backup. Prep and Arm yourself too..."

He had to admit, pirating wasn't his biggest factor, but he knew why he was here. He had a debt to settle with the smuggler, and with, or without the UED interference, he was getting back what his own family earned eons ago. He watched on the viewport the sight of the chuttle departing and hovering towards Odin's ship. Without a second more, he ran off towards transport...
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
-Judge Raines, Reign Over Me
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:31 pm

Zee followed the captains order, increasing their speed as he directed a course towards the quick UED vessal, silently approaching from an unknown angle. With a few commands typed in, he flipped a few switches, the light changing from deep blue to a rich lavender - - the purple color indicating that andrea was in control of that station. Zee opened the door and stepped out, spotting the guard stuck in the red forcefield. Shooting a grin and a little wave of the paw, he ran forward towards the armory.

Zee made it to transport slowly, wearing the light armor fromt he ships stores and dragging a seperate suit, tossing it to the captain. He also carried a large assault rifle type gun as well as the captains weapons of choice. "What's going on?" He asked, masking the slight worry he had
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Modem » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:53 pm

He quickly nabbed the rifle tossed to him, as well as a few clips of ammo. He dawned on the suit, clicking the locks in place as he stretches a bit, still feeling the cryo sickness. As he began to suit and check up, he glanced over to Zee.

"Well...remember when we left the last star system? After we pilaged it? On our way back to the ship, I received another contract. A private one, too. Seems there was a planet somewhere in this region that had someone important on it. I wasn't given a name, just an area. Said that if I arrived here on a certain date, I'd meet someone who would help me get to this guy. Now though..." as he clacked in the clip onto his rifle, pulling back the hammer and making sure a bolt was in the chamber, he glanced back to a nearby viewport, seeing the shuttle dock with Odin's ship, "..I dunno. There was a footnote about this Odin guy....said to watch out for him...." he masked the truth behind it, though. This was a personal vendetta that needed to be settled. He just hoped it would happen as smooth as possible. "We're getting on that vessel. I want you to transport what you can onto this ship. I'm going to try and get a hold of Odin, take him with us. Here, " he tossed what looked like a translocator (thick UTexcept it looked like it could capture a much bigger field of inventory, "once you get on that shuttle, nab every weapon you can and get back here. If you don't here from me within the next 10 minutes,...get the hell out. I don't want that UED scumbag to get a whole fo my ship. If you need some kinda firepower, just ask Andrea for support. Got all that?" He swung the rifle over his shoulder, taking a signature .357 Magnum in his palm, checking it was loaded and holstered it to his side. He stepped onto the platform, extending a hand out to help Zee up...
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Zee nodded, grasping his captains gloved paw as he heaved himself up, checking the gun. "We're the only ones?" He asked, silently curious as to why the others hadn't woken up. Checking his gun, the pang in his stomach told him he wasn't comfortable playing army, but hopefully he wouldn't need to shoot at anyone. He stood there, trying to be stonefaced like he did when betting, but still had trouble focusing.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Modem » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:22 pm

He looks as equally worried. His whole team should've woken up by now.

"It's alarming, but we'll have to figure that part out later....for now it's just us..." he turns back to his engine man, patting his back, "And don't worry, I honestly hope you won't have to shoot too much either. ust make sure to grab the weapons then get out." He raised his left arm, glancing at the screen on his wrist, "They're docked..it's now or never! Andrea, transport to that shuttle.." he muttered, letting the holographic rings appeared and vanush them both from the ship...

=====================

As the shuttle docked with the smuggler's ship, two energy rings bursted from the ground up, appearing two figures right behind the pilot's. Before any real reaction was taken, a rifle was planted behind the captain pilot,
"Move and you'll see what your brains look like....pilot as normal and dock..." he growls, glancing back to Zee. "Make yourself hidden. We're jumping him once he's finished loading...."

(9OOC: I honestly don;t know how most procedures of trades work, I'm just working on what I know...sorry if it's off :\))
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:43 pm

Odin, deep down in his mind and heart, knew that the UED was going to screw him hard once they get what they want and get out of the way. They're never this nice to traders like him...he was probably going to get wasted and left here to rot in space...if bodies could rot in space, thats not the point...the wolf waited as the shuttle connected to the loading part of his ship, waiting paitently with the purchased goods, but he smiled as he patted the handcannon concealed behind his back, ready to blow away any guy that plans on screwing procedure and plans to pull a hit on him...the Odin name was going to contiue for future generatons....even if he had to shed a bit of UED blood...'Sides...if he doesn't get rid of the UED footsoldiers, he sure as hell he wasn't gonna get to this MOdem chap...so, he kept up appearence as he smiled, making it look like business as usual...
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay