Interstellar Rampage

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Interstellar Rampage

Postby Modem » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:36 am

((Couldn't think a macro themed sci-fi name. Haven't seen this on this forum, so I'm starting one. Any can join, though keep it small for now. Planet size macro will ensue :D Yeah I kinda had Aliens in mind when wiritng this. Hope I'm not going over board...))

The darkness of space, coating the most farthest reaches of the universe, and possibly beyond. A vast sea of stars and systems, all spread by an infinite number of lightyears, but infintessimally together in the entirety of existance.

On a random parsect, in a random universe, a large vessel crawls across black sea of the sky, it's engines humming the dull hum of power, pushing the combination of steel and construction forward.

Within the ship, life was silent, small lights flickering within the corners of floor. A few moments later, a screen blipped to life, a tiny cursor shining but a dim of green light across the room. It slides across the screen, words forming in a very technical and almost steel manner.

EMERGENCY OVERRIDE. COMMENCING STABLIZATION OF CREW. CRYO SLEEP INTERRUPTED.

Lights began to come to flashing life along the ceiling and walls. Consoles and contraptions of futuristic build humming and whirring, echoing within the so-called empty halls of the ship.

Two levels from the bridge of the ship, a massive chamber hummed a life hearty blue, light but rich and vibrant. Surrounding within the chamber, several dozens cryo tubes cast shadows of bodies within, some bigger than others, some even empty. Along the farther walls a lid flew open, a firm furred hand reaches out, slowly pulling a dreary bodied feline, dressed in mere skin tight sleeping garments.

"MmmMpf.....w..wha...?" he staggers, sitting to adjust to his surroundings. As his eyes focus, several other chambers have begun to open....
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:37 am

A large hole into what could be called nothing opened and a small ship was disgorged. Its basic hull was rectangular with a pointed front with large engines on the back and two smaller boosters on each side of its hull. It was quite large in size and the bridge was on the middle of one side. The boosters began firing as it manouvered 'upright.' It began accelerating towards the dormant ship. Its hull had a name printed on it and numbers below the name on two sides of the hull. The name read:
UED Rome.
There was a Captain onboard the ship. He was a distinguished Captain who had fought in many a war. He turned to his bridge crew.
"Stop at 2km from the ship and hail them."
"Aye aye"
The engines at the back stopped as the minor boosters at the front of the ship activated to stop the acceleration.
The Captain hailed the ship.
'This is the United Earth Directorate patrol. Unknown ship please respond with identification and prepare for boarding. You are in a military zone.'
The white tiger sighed. Generally it was pretty silent on his watch but now an unknown ship had appeared and it was inside one of the most well guarded zones that the military owned.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Modem » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:45 pm

The gurgled mumble of a voice was ringing through his ears. He still was suffering from that cryo sleep sickness the doctors were mentioning. He raised his ears high, tryingto focus on the sound.

".....SHIP DETECTED. INCOMING HAIL. UNKNOWN SHIP DETECTED. INCOMING..."

The digitized voice came to life like someone coming out of shell shock. And it was loud! The feline covered his ears a bit, as he managed to stand up finally, and stagger himself towards the other open cryo tubes. Glancing within they were empty. He hoped those crew members were up somewhere.

He made his way towards the end of the hall, picking up some standard clothing, looking much like a fighter jet pilot. He zipped it up, a snug fit though. One for his build would still have a hard time finding some decent clothing...

He slumped down within the captains chair, the warning sound still echoing.
"Alright, I'm here...shut it, computer..." he grumbled. He leaned forward and opened the incoming channel, hearing a gruntled voice on the other end.
"Military zone....? The hell..?" he quickly jutted a response, "UED, transmission received. This is Modem Redpill, Captain of the RSF Jerritan, classification code T3-Alpha. Sir, I am unaware of this area, we're on a direct path flight through steller star scapes. We're simply an excavation crew, sir." He watched in silence. Being a captain for many years, something as complex as finding yourself in an area yer nto meant to be, he wanted some answers before turning belly up, "Respond...."
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
-Judge Raines, Reign Over Me
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:14 pm

Captain Kogenta listened to the man opposite him on the screen. "An excavation team? Prepare for boarding. We simply want to inspect your ship as we cannot truly be sure of your motives."
RSF... he hadn't heard of that one, must be another corporation. Those corps were so powerful that some even had weapons the military hadn't seen yet.
"Commando team dispatched sir."
"Thank you Ensign."
He turned back to the display. "The nearest stellar path is 4000 kilometres away you are badly off course. If you need assistance we can aid you."
(If there is such thing as Faster than light travel then an error of 4000km is just moderately serious to serious while numbers of 100 to 1 thousand are minor errors.)
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:45 pm

An intercom buzzed on the console next to captain Redpill, a small screen indicating it came from the engineering room. "MODEM!!??" An accusing voice crackled through the speaker "Who's been messing with MY engines!?" The voice was male and obviously belonged to the Engineer/scientist wolf who went by the nickname "Zee" "Nobody is supposed to be allowed down here but me! Who was it?" His words filled with anger.

Zee pulled his finger off the switch as he awaited the reply, turning back to look at the machinery with an angry and simultaneously confused look. He stood there wiping some lubricant off his hands with a rag, standing there still in his cyrosleep shorts. Something was seriously amiss, he knew.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:58 am

Kogenta cut the link between the two ships and reversed to a more stable firing position. The boosters on the front light up.
'Commando team to Captain, we are aboard and are proceeding to check the cargo hold.' A small ship latched onto the airlock of RSF Jerritan.
Kogenta hated making silly runs like this. This guy might or might not be a threat but then why send commandos aboard? why npt just warn them to get out and shoot 'em if they didn't? That appealed more to Kogenta than the current proceedure.
"sir I;ve got the data"
"Right let me have it."
"RSF Jerritan, Captain one Modem, no last name, last seen at dock....
funny there's no log of berthing nor resupplying."
"They sound dodgy, warm up the primary mass drivers and keep their teams on red alert."
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:26 am

This is more or less the ship I'm trying to describe as UED Rome:
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Modem » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:23 am

He rubbed his eyes as the response was given, eyeing over the closed windows to the outside space. He somehow knew this would happen. "7000 years of travel for us, and we still don't know where we're going.." he thought.

"Captain, I assure you, this is the right coordinates we have received. Though what to find here, I am still unaware....I belive an explanation is in order. Would you care to come aborad and view for yourself? We have something you....may be interested..." his voice seemed a lot calmer now, then he had when he awoke. Ah the good old air regulators must be running.

He suddenly jumped at the loud crackling of his engine room starting, "Zee, what-? When did you wake up?" he sighs a bit. Never could there have been a worse time, "Zee, cut the main power thrusters. I doubt we'll be leaving anytime soon. And make yourself presentable, we'll be having..guests shortly..." he stood himself up, smiling just a bit, "Well...Andrea, this may have seemed like a bad move at first, but.....I think in all hoesty, this probably will work out somehow...." a sudden whirr sound flashed, as a small view screen appeared to life within the air, floating with the assitance of holo projectors.

"Systmes are functioning. Command line proceeding. Captain, I am picking up lifesigns outside the main airlock junction. SHall I let them in?" the computer voice seemed to echo all around, yet with a soft gentle tone, much like a child would to a parent.
"Of course....oh and do see to what problems Zee may be having in Engine Room 1...." the feline said, soon stepping out of the bridge.

Outside, the airlock opened seemlessly, a sudden flash of a two-way force field emitting itself around the entrance....

((I'll find a ship that matches mine soon. The story'll be a bit complex for a little bit))
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
-Judge Raines, Reign Over Me
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:32 am

The commando team went aboard nicely seeing as they had been invited but could have cut through the hatch instead but that wouldn't have been nice. The proceeded to the cargo bay to inspect the cargo while the commando craft shut the airlock (of both ships) and detached to pick up the Captain who had taken up Modem's offer. Kogenta being a nervous shifty fellow had taken a sword with him. It was an ok weapon seeing as most people didn't use real guns in the fear that they might pierce the hull.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:43 am

Zee came walking quickly out of his quarters in a standard utilitarian jumpsuit, having cleaned up and made himself presentable as the captain ordered. Before leaving, He had put to standby the main engines and shut down a few nominal systems that were in bad shape. He finally made his way to the bridge, spotting the captain. He walked right past and flopped himself into one of the seats near, rubbing his eyes with his paws. He waited to speak until the captain did, more out of habit than regulations.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Archive: Roleplay