Grow

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Grow

Postby Agent Smith » Tue May 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Gaer (GARE) walked down the street woth know clear intention of where he was going. If he was going to live here he wanted to have a feel for the streets. He was getting a few strange glances from bystanders. Panthers aren't the most common race of anthro. Almost all of the population here was canine. Gaer hoped he would find another feline or something. He wore only khaki jeans. He never felt comfortable with shirts.
Gaer would be 16 in soon. About 4 months ago, there was a terrible incident. Both his parents, Dan and Angie Collins, died in an encounter with a macro. He spent a while in an orphanage until they could track down some relative he never knew he had, Great Aunt Margerie. She wasn't exactly the nicest person, so Gaer spent most of his time out of the house. He only barely got over the tragedy of his parents death. He just wanted someone to care for him again.
Suddenly, as if to make things worse, a splash of some strange dark blue liquid fell on him from above. It covered him soaking his fur and his pants. He looked up at the abandoned buildng that it would of come from but saw no movement. As he walked off in a somewhat grumpier mood he didn't notice that he shot up a few inches.

This an open post for anyone who wants to join but they have be able to keep a steady line of posts.
Agent Smith
Rampage
Rampage

Postby lycanian_traveler » Wed May 24, 2006 3:13 am

Camis walked slowly across the sidewalk, past the darkened buildings and the shimmering streetlights. It was late at night, and he had, once again, found himself completely and utterly lost.

It was tough, too, only being a 4' 9" half-wolf. He had been jumped twice within the past 3 hours, both events ending in Camis' mercy at swordpoint, warning the potential mugger that another attempt like that would be the last in their life. It must have been embarrasing for them to be beaten so easily by a wolf who looked as if he could only have been 10 years old.

As he walked past an extra-darkened alley, within which he could have sworn he was being watched, Camis' eyes caught something a block in front of him. It was, or at least appeared to be, feline in appearence, was it a half-panther? He couldn't tell too well in the darkness, but he saw him wandering aimlessly, as if he, too, were lost. It was strange...sad...

Camis walked forward to try and ask for directions, a test he had developed to find other stragglers in large cities, but immediately stopped and stared as he saw a strange, and slightly flourecent liquid fall from the roof above him. As his gaze rose, Camis saw a dark figure flee into the darkness of the rooftop.

Not wasting any more time, Camis immediately dashed forward, not yet noticing the panther's sudden slight increase in height.

"Hey, are you alright?" he called forward to the panther.
A normal, 4'9" wolf in a forum of macro's....
http://furbase.bigfurs.com/index.php?FurID=1042

I'd say the odds are against me.
lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Agent Smith » Wed May 24, 2006 1:08 pm

"Huh" Gaer turned to see a rather short wolf running towards him.
"Hey, are you all right?"asked the wolf.
"Yeah," replied Gaer " Just a little wet. It'll probably dry off in a second."
He smiled, revealing his pearly white teeth, and held out a paw to the wolf. "The names Gaer, nice to meet you."
If people could put rainbows in zoos, they'd do it.
Agent Smith
Rampage
Rampage

Postby lycanian_traveler » Wed May 24, 2006 11:18 pm

As Camis approached, the panther turned around to face him, smiling and showing his teeth. He didn't seem to be too angry...was he used to having luquids dumped on him? No, of course not; he just wasn't too worried about it.

Ah well, Camis was relieved to hear him say that he was alright.

"Thanks...Gaer," Camis replied, also smiling, repeating the name slowly as to keep it to memory. He wasn't too good at remembering them. "The name's Camis! I mean...my name...that is."

He put his hand behind his head, embarrased at the verbal stumbling he usually went through when he first met someone. In the darkness, he still couldn't notice a change.

"So, what are you doing around here this late?"

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Agent Smith » Wed May 24, 2006 11:59 pm

"Just trying to avoid going... home." Gaer pronounced the word with what almost sounded like hatred. He didn't want to call this place his home.
"A little strange isn't it? Someone just pouring buckets of blue stuff on people as they walk by. Or maybe they didn't see me in the dark or something." Gaer glanced back up at the window where the liquid fell from. The building was defenitly old, most of the windows were either broken or boarded up. The one he was looking at was broken. Who could be up there? He then looked at the spot where he was when the liquid fell. There was no wet mark on the ground. It was as if it hit him and only him.
Gaer felt weird. He was drying. The liquid left his fur and went into his skin, entering through the pores. He felt it as it happened, it was like everywhere on his body was being ticked. He flinched for a second, but the experience was so brief it was over before he could really react.
"Woah," he said and rubbed his arm, feeling the dry fur."that was weird."
Agent Smith
Rampage
Rampage

Postby lycanian_traveler » Thu May 25, 2006 1:05 am

Camis watched curiously as Gaer looked around, most likely for the person who had dumped the strange liquid on him. Sure enough, it was strange that someone would go around in the dead of night, pouring strange substances on passersby, but he figured that it must have just been a practical joke.

But wait...Gaer looked dryer now, didn't he? And then he flinched...what was happening? Camis had been wrong before...but this sure was a quick turnaround for him.

"Are you SURE you're alright?" he asked, now beginning to feel a bit concerned.

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Agent Smith » Thu May 25, 2006 3:02 am

"Now I'm not so sure." replied Gaer as he staggered for a moment trying to grasp what just occured. "I think that weird liquid just went into my-" Before he could finish his sentence he felt another sensation. This one wasn't as strong as the last, and wasn't enough to make him flinch or anything, but it felt as though his whole body was numb. Like the feeling he sometimes got in his leg if he sat still too long. For a moment everything around him seemed to get just the slightest bit smaller. He got a strange feeling of power and a single word came into his head: GROW. He looked around, and if he had to guess he'd say he was around 7ft tall now. He looked down at the now even shorter Camis. "Did I just... uh... grow?"
Agent Smith
Rampage
Rampage

Postby lycanian_traveler » Thu May 25, 2006 3:11 am

"Holy crap...!" Camis muttered, stepping back with a partly suprised, partly shocked look on his face. He had just seen it...this already tall panther had just shot up several inches...maybe even a foot?... in height, all in a matter of seconds. Now Camis was forced to look even higher up than usual to look into the face of Gaer.

Even in the night time...this was an astonishing change...

"Wha...what just happened?" Camis asked, stupified. He hoped his look of fear didn't look too drastic, because, as seconds passed, he found that Gaer's new size wasn't really all that frightening.

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Agent Smith » Thu May 25, 2006 11:53 am

The wolf's frightened face was comfirmation enough, he'd grown.
"I don't know any better then you do what just happened." said Gaer in a worried voice. "But I'm willing to bet it has something to do with that liquid." He turned to face the entrance of the building, it was old, the brick staircase worn, with a single large wooden board keeping the double doors closed. "Follow me if you want Camis, I'm gonna go investigate."
Agent Smith
Rampage
Rampage

Postby contaru » Thu May 25, 2006 1:46 pm

Unknown to the two outside, the only one who might know the properties of the liquid was dead. Killed by a steel sword that resembled a zweihander.
"Light out. No more experiments," Savage said as he wiped the blade on his victim's clothes. "No more pain for or from. Rest in peace doc."
The 8'8" bobcat put his sword away and got ready to leave. As far as he thought, it would be happily ever after once he stepped out that door.
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
-Wisdom of a fortune cookie
contaru
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Archive: Roleplay