reclaiming the stolen

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

reclaiming the stolen

Postby DioDraco » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:15 am

"how dare he!" I grumbled into my mug. I'd been thrown out, evicted. my lands were taken by force. and here I was nigh penniless in a bar. but I was not without hope.

I shuffled my green leathery wings, grouchily, I perched on the macro bar stool like some green gargoyle. but that was the way things was; it was either stretch for the macro life style or try to fit your nose into a micro door; heh. I was stuck inbetween.

oh no; if that stinking swamp thing of a black dragon thinks he can take my home. he's got another thing coming. it was wrong of him to ally himself to ogres. ugly brutish giant creatures. I snarled into my mug.

I lifted my muzzle from my brew, and slammed my paw down. that's it. I'll search far and wide; if he beats me with numblers I can only challange him with numbers. I would find allys staunch friends to defeat my enemy.

the bar I sat in didn't look like a very good place to start looking. the question was; what does one do to look for friends?

paste a sign to ones body? write letters in the sky? perhaps the town had a wanted add I could post.

but then it struck me; I'd just look for people to spread the word with; and approach people who looked like they were able to fight.

for now; I decided I would scope the area. I figured the night was only just starting. tonight I would linger here and watch the contents of the bar. a careful eye on the occupants showed little promise. I waited my tail waving boredly hanging over the edge of the stool
may the wind always carry you upon it's breath
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: I hail from rhyterra home of the dragons of amanthia

Postby lycanian_traveler » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:00 pm

Camis was confused, plain and simple. It was ridiculous how utterly lost he was. Wasn't he trying to just get to Seimbuil? Why was this so difficult to do?!

Camis pulled out his pack and rummaged through it. Compass...no...Lunar Orb...no...silver broadsword...no. Finally he found it, his map.

"So...where am I now?" the half-wolf whispered to no one in particular, looking at his map. Finally giving up, Camis decided to look around him.

It was a dense forest. Really dense, he couldn't see a thing other than the surrounding folliage. Oh, and wait, he COULD see one other thing. Something of which he had no idea how he had missed it. A humongous building, way beyond his comprehension of what was possible, stood in front of him.

It didn't seem to be anything fancy, but it was definately HUGE, in more ways than one. For one thing, it looked like it was built for beings over 30 times his size. The door itself was so large that Camis bet he could fit underneath it. And Camis couldn't even read the sign above him, it was so high up.

Well...I'm already here, Camis reasoned. It wouldn't hurt to just check inside and see what this is...

With his mind made up, Camis tugged on his backpack and decided to head to the door. The perspective was bizarre to him, the building was already huge, but as he walked forward, it seemed to get bigger. THe size difference from other buildings he'd been in was beyond evident, and also worked at his mind to confuse him.

As he finally reached the door, Camis found that the crack underneath the door was indeed large enough to fit under, if just barely. Taking off his pack, he slid it underneath the door, and crawled underneath after it.

When he got inside and looked around, Camis was even more astonished than he had been outdoors.

It was a bar, this building! But not a normal bar, it was filled with beings of various sizes, all larger than him! And not just a little larger, Camis guessed by the size of the ones nearby sitting on stools and chairs that he would probably barely reach their ankles.

Camis was broken out of his trance by the nearly deafening sound of foot-steps to his right. Before turning to look at the cause of the noise, Camis jumped backwards, just in time to dodge out of the way of two huge paw-feet.

Deciding that for the moment it would be safer to hide against the wall, Camis caught his breath and pressed himself against the wall, slowly working his way across it until he found an area he could actually walk...

((OOC: Camis is only 4' 9".))
A normal, 4'9" wolf in a forum of macro's....
http://furbase.bigfurs.com/index.php?FurID=1042

I'd say the odds are against me.
lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby DioDraco » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:05 pm

a scent in the air, told me something, a micro was here. how odd.
I looked to the door and in moments noticed the small brown wolf, edging to the wall. I always did enjoy the company of small furries

naturally being nervous at arriving at a macro bar; I'd wonder if he'd even stay. I decided if he was game he'd come if i beckoned. the bar tender kept micro bars around a little toy set up. that he generally gave free beer to; since they never had coins and an eye dropper of ale was not worth counting anyway. I beckoned the tender over and requested the "microbrew as they call it" and invited the newcomer to join me.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby lycanian_traveler » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:55 am

Camis nervously edged across the wall, frantically making sure that he didn't get stepped on. His view eventually moved up, into, hopefully, the faces of the giants he was walking amongst.

He was suprised to find one of them looking at him. It was a huge, green dragon, looking straight at him. As a matter of fact...wait...did it actually beckon him?

Camis was slightly weary, unknowing of the large dragon's intentions, but the look in the dragon's eyes wasn't one of deceit...unless it was actually decieving in itself. Deciding just to chance it, Camis decided to head over that way, dashing quickly across the floor and underneath some tables, hopefully out of sight.

Quickly jumping up the lower footrests of a stool by the dragon's table, Camis was able to reach the top, only to be once again disoriented as the wooden surface stretched out underneath him, and the dragon in front of him filling a great deal of his vision.

Camis was too astonished to utter anything more than a simple, "H-h-hell..o?"

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby DioDraco » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:19 am

hello to you too, wasn't sure if you'd come join me. i could use a micro with confidence. but first let my buy you um it's a pint right? I find macros use metric, they usually go by the decaliter, or kilaliter. bah don't worry about it. ho barkeep, pass me a dropper and a shot of ale would ya?"

I waited patiently for the companion to respond before starting.

"ah where are my manners, my name is Diodraco, at your service."

I nod jauntily, and raise a claw.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby lycanian_traveler » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:31 am

"I....ah....wah...um...," was all Camis could get out. It was a bit too much for him, but he kept trying to rationalize that he had been in much weirder situations than this. Finally, the rationality won, and Camis was able to function better.

"I...um...my name is Camis Mersane," he replied, shaking the claw tip with his shuddering hand. "This...place is huge...I'm sorry to act...like this..."

Finally rattling his head, Camis was able to speak normally as well.

"So, why did you sign for me to come over, Diodraco?" he asked curiously. "I got lost...I'm sorry if I shouldn't be in here."

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby DioDraco » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:15 am

nah, don't worry bout it, you'll be ok. you had the right idea bout watching the foot traffic. seen some nasty accidents in here. not a pretty site

the reason I wanted you here is I am gathering fighters to assist in evicting a certain dragon from my home. there will be enemys of all sizes; he's a hoarde of mixed sizes. in exchange there will be payment; in gold and dragon scales. his scales.

but for now; please have a glass.

I offer a pitcher filled from the dropper.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby lycanian_traveler » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:35 am

Camis took the ale slowly and took a sip. Finally looking back up at Diodraco, Camis pondered what the dragon had just asked of him. A battle? It sounded...intriguing. And surely Camis didn't have anything to lose by accepting, only things to gain by winning!

"Well...it sounds interesting. I think I'll help you, though if he's at your size, I don't know how much help I'll be..." Camis replied, taking another drink.

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Postby DioDraco » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:07 am

I slap a scaly palm on the bar stool barking a short laugh. "no, no, you can't have Glorstash! he's mine! I just need to hire allies to fight his horde and keep the ruffians off of me.

think you can help with that? they are many and ove all sizes. now then; i just need some others as well; there are far to many for just you and I; we need many allies.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby lycanian_traveler » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:48 am

Camis smiled at the giant dragon. He was amazed at how quickly he had adapted to Diodraco, despite his initial hesitance about size. It was as if he were now talking with someone at his height normally. Was it even healthy to be this calm this quickly? Or had Camis' mind just snapped under the situation, and he didn't know it quite yet.

Nonetheless, Camis felt sure that he could handle the job, even without much information about it.

"Sure, I'll gladly help!" he enthusiastically replied. "So do you have anyone else recruited, or am I the only one so far?"

lycanian_traveler
Gojira
Gojira

Next

Return to Archive: Roleplay