the life of a dragon

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby DioDraco » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 am

it was dawn, the night was spent, and morning comes again. was it two days since he'd ran off?

I began to wonder if I would see him again. poring over my notes there was nothing on remirs after they dissapeared after the war. though i did see one after the fact, and was able to spend some time with that magnificent creature.

but zee was different, he wasn't remir... he was part. was he a decenent? yes that's it, he mentioned that didn't he? his grandfather, or was it great grandfather? that would make him. what part? one eighth remir. that was pretty dilute.

I pondered this for some time. wondering if he would revert back since he had only just come to my world, perhaps he may never. perhaps he would be remir temporarily. either way....

the wind rustled my wings as I searched for him, the first clue I found was the scent of blood in a wood edge, finding the carcasses of deer, the seemed shredded by him, I also noted several gashes on trees, small ones uprooted.

another clue was pawprints on a riverbank, deep ones that surely were his.

the clues were leading away, I was relieved to find them so easily, continued on paw heading in that line, scanning the bushes for the slightest clue.
may the wind always carry you upon it's breath
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: I hail from rhyterra home of the dragons of amanthia

Postby zukezorin » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:59 am

Through the darkness upon the mountain, a dark shape approached. Inside Dio's mountain home, the large figure strolled through, peering around cautiously. Turning the bright blue eyes towards the kitchen, the dirty fur walked in, drinking from the clear water basin in big gulps, a tinge of red left be hind as he lifted his muzzle out, dripping with water. In the main livingroom, close to the dying hearth, the large wolf curled up, looking like he was sleeping were it not for wide awake eyes, staring off into space.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:09 am

the early morning passed, the few signs of his passing were vague, I say a crushed branch a trampled pawprint.... but vague things. I could guess a dozen different things from them. it was an odd series of signs, i thought I smelled blood, but was it his, or the deer I presumed he killed back behind me.

I came across several houses, there seemed to be discussion, in some, others shut up... did he come here? did somebody spot him? I tended not to enter or approach the houses, as not all were aqainted with my presence. and stayed at a descreet distance.

after some few moments i grew bored of straining to hear their voices, I gathered very little information, but there were rumors of a large beastly creature passing near this way, it must have been zee, but the stories I tried to hear, pillage, rape, murder... famine disease? ugh, stupid people, they will blame anything on anything.

I turned away, the trail had gone cold and dispersed, i would not be able to track him, I only could hope that he would return. I more sedately padded back home, forcing myself to enjoy the scenery stepping silently throught the bushes over fallen trees crusted with mosses.

twice deer scampered away snorting distress flashing their white undertail at me. I did not desire their flesh nor would i have bothered chasing them, small deer like them I tended to dispatch with a summoned weapon, my stay in the orient taught me several projectile weapons, the kunai a heavy but small dagger, and shuriken, lighter but faster, throwing star. I contemplated taking the deer but decided against it holding my magic off.

some time later i arived at my home again some time in late morning, lost in thought I paid no heed to my familiar surroundings. wondering what became of my friend, where he'd gotten off to and how he was faring.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:56 am

The large wolf remain curled up where he'd lain, cool wind ruffling his fur. He had settled upon the observatory late into the night, and for some hours, watched the night slowly give way to day. Hes eyes tracked over the distant trees and mountains, watching the appearing shadows shrink with time. Occasionally a bird would fly by, and his head would lift to track it, only to sink back down in a moment, returning to his frozen pose. After a time his body rose, unraveling the curled form as he climbed to his paws, the powerful frame unimstakable beneath the black fur, disheveled state aside. Stretching out his upper body, joints popping and cracking, the wolf turned and padded his way downthe staircase into the observatory, and then deeper into the castle.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:49 pm

I pad into my my kitchen, fixing myself a brew of teat that I"d missed out on having when i got up that morning. I groan softly feeling the need for the brew that always fell onto me when I'd skipped it. soon i had it in my paw sipping of it's steaming liquid sighing softly i loft it infront of me padding into my den to curl up and relax for the morning, pondering things.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:56 am

Back down the hallway, through the door; around several corners and under archways. The black wolf was quite a sight. 12ft tall and covered in thick fur, his overly muscled frame was detracted from by his disheveled state. Thick patchs of mud clung in spots and various amounts of brambles and twigs were tangled in his coat. Nearly black, the unimstakable spatters of blood stanined the already dirty color along his muzzle, paws, and small amounts all over.
His silent footstaeps carried him past the kitchen and through towards the living room. Seeming to make a beeline for the fire, the large black wolf froze, those iceblue eyes looking in the direction of the large, sleeping dragon.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:29 am

it might have been my poor sleeping, poring over notes, pondering the whereablouts, and fate of zee, but I had half of my mug of dragon tea drunk, but I managed to doze off, which was in it's self an uncommon thing. but it did happen. the warmth of the fire, the soft familiar cushion, conspired to bring me down.

unbenknownst me, zee had re entered the den, and sat enjoying the fire as well. I slept on unawares, some hours later, I stirred the scent of over brewed tea was first to catch my attention, a few puffs of fire over the mug reheated it, I had a few gulps of it savoring the rare treat of well strong tea. as my mind shifted gears the scent of dirty wolf caught my nose and I looked around locking onto the icy blue eyes of a full remir in disheveled state soaking up the warmth of my fire place

I almost locked up, the shock was an uncommon thing for me, but i forced calm to me, remembering that he was still a decent fur buried beneath the fear and confusion. I forced myself to drink more of the tea to let him know that his precense was not shocking to me. my mind raced... he was filthy I wonderd if he was thirsty, if he was hungry, what could I do to earn his trust, make him feel he belonged here. I wanted to get him cleaned up, but was unsure if he would accept a bath. first things first, I tried raw beef, summoning from my kitchen a beef spoon roast, nearly two feet long, and gently warmed the chill off of the meat, the platter beginning to drip I offered the meat several feet away from the remir, and promptly retreated sipping more at my tea, showing that i had no further interest in the meat. I watched carefully.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:56 am

The wolf stood there, stock still and silent. The large dragon slept peacefully, the rolling breaths filling the room with a gentle thunder. He stood there for a long while.
One leg lifted pushed forward, the large black wolf walking slowly towards the fire; his eyes never left the dragon. When his paws reached the warmed stone before the heath, he dropped to all fours and curled up. His head, resting on the bloodspatterd paws, stared endlessly at the green dragon.

When Dio awoke, the wolf was in exactly the same spot, the only difference being a gently tapping tail. Those eyes tracked the movements as he went about the preparation of the meat, and followed his retreat. They glared for a long moment. Abruptly those blue eyes snapped to the meat. His body shifted. A long black and dirty arm extended out, muscles bulging hugely beneath the fur - it dropped down, sharp claws digging into its tender flesh. Fingers clenced, the arm lifted, and the meat was pulled close.
As civilized as the aquisition was, the consumption was quite the opposite. Both paws grippped at it while his muzzle ripped and tore at it; sounds of snapping jaws and shredding flesh drowned out the fire.
Minutes passed until there was little left of that meat, the wolf contentedly teething at the remaining bone.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Roleplay