the life of a dragon

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby DioDraco » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:56 pm

I knew I had to get back because of the living lightning rod I'd become, but the pitious sounds from my back, spurred me to run faster, push harder to reach my goal.

something wasn't right, I knew creatures who disliked getting wet, several cats I knew became right miserable. but this was new, he was totally withdrawn, I had to get him inside and warm double time.

there was little I could do, but shake the rain from my eyes, and press on, ignoring my own fatigue, the breath rushing and abrading my lungs as they burned for fuel, my muscles cramped as they too resisted my demands of them

it was as a moment, a flash of time, as I hardly registered my goal passing me, then finally I began to slow down, and register more than flashes of time, I was inside, the pack was off of me, I somehow managed to recover my guest, and carry him on my hind legs to the warmth of my den. I quickly got a fire roaring, and placed him near it on a soft leather covered pad. and let him warm and dry in peace. I left to organize my pack, setting it's contents in safe places, the metalurgy I put in a tote to carry down to the forge later.

I returned to the den, wit a hot mug of mulled cider, I thought might tempt him to partake of. I worried for his condition, he didn't respond at all to me carrying him or moving him. I hoped the worst of it was a fever.
may the wind always carry you upon it's breath
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: I hail from rhyterra home of the dragons of amanthia

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:27 am

I could feel when we went inside as the flood of pain decreases substantially and begun to wane, my body relaxing as I thankfull, finally, passed into unconciousness.

I awoke with a start. Everything was...odd. My body felt like it was hit by a truck, and my brain was acheing. Something soft was beneath me...almost immediately I begun to shiver uncontrollably. Everything was so cold. Freezing. Pulling my eyes open, I turned my head towards the large shape I could sense, and with some pain, I looked up into your face. "C-cold" I said plainly through my chattering jaw.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:42 am

I was finished with my tasks, and he shivered uncontrollably, resting fitfully. i wanted to move him closer, but his fur would have caught fire from stray sparks. I didn't want that. once he woke up, and confirmed my suspicions. I knew of only one better way. I hurried to the kitchen, and retrieved the tub I'd washed him in earlier, and put water in it, carrying it to the den, and setting it away on the stone hearth, I made it hot, hotter than normal the plumes of steam coming from it's surface told me it was would be a touch too hot for normal, but he needed heat. I gently undid his cloths, trying to keep my paws steady, using my claws when i could usint them as probes and forceps as best I could. soon his furry body was exposed, I smiles, he was well build. I wondered what he had to hide. though his odd markings were facinating.

I didn't hesitate any longer and let him slip into the hot water, placing it near the fire to stay warm, and settled him so he was above the water. and stood away to watch him carefully.
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:58 am

I couldn't do much as Dio kindly prepared a hot bath for me, taking off my clothes in the process. Normally my modesty would object, but I was too ill to care. The hot water almost burned, but I couldnt care...it felt delicous. I must have been in there a while when something happened. I sat up, all the pains gone. Pulling my paws out of the water, I looked at them, flexing my claws.

"Hey Dio" I said "I'm feeling a lot better now." My voice was as strong as before. I chuckled turning in the tub to face you "I guess it was nothing..." I grinned, looking at you through Ice Blue Eyes.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:50 pm

I was dozing off, as I lay near the fire on my own pad, enjoying the warmth. I was awakened my the soft slosh of water from the tub, was he too cold? was he ok? I raised my head in time to see him turn to look back at me, he seemed healthy and well. strong and fit again. . but something felt slightly off, was he larger? more toned. . not sure. wait. . his eyes. weren't they green?

"I'm glad of it. . but. remind me, for this must be a silly question, but what color are your eyes?"

I felt puzzled and a bit nervous, maybe I'd forgotten maybe they had changed. . .I had no clue, perhaps he had control over them somehow
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:24 pm

My eyes? What a silly question, I thought, chuckling. "Green of course." I scooted over in the tub and gripped the sides to pull myself. My knuckles turned white as they gripped tightly the side, my eyes screwed shut, my whole body trembling. It began.

Patches of my fur seemed to darken, brown almost before turning black. Odd blotches that seeped to pop up all over, growing and expanding to cover my arms, chest, legs, face. It was as if my fur were parchment, and some candle burned beaneath it, charring holes through as the flame spread. Shaking lightly with the strain, my body could be seen getting larger, taller, more massive. Muscles that once were toned now became bulging, straining at the skin as they too expanded. Near 9 feet tall, the changes continued, more rapidly. Fully half of my fur had turned black, and the dark spots spread like grease, easing over all the gray fur that remained and replacing it with black. 10, 11 feet tall. Almost no visible gray was left, my headfur changing black from the roots down while my arms, chest....everything strained with power, the skin tight across the pectorals, abs, triceps, biceps...everything. He radiated strength and power, massive claws starting to bend and distort the rim of the tub as still he grew. The changes slowed, easing off and eventually stopping as the now 12'1 tall black wolf eased, relaxed, every muscle shrinking somewhat before the imposing frame teetered and fell, splashing down into the now much smaller tub.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:50 am

something was not right, he was in the middle of telling me his eyes were green when my suspicions were comfirmed. he started to grow. . . it was . . .yeah, like then. they had a word for themselves. .. what was it. I can't remember it was so long ago.

as he filled out, he seemed in pain, and his fur turned black, it was an odd site, then it was over, and he barely fit in the tup, the overflown water spilled out and began to steam away on the hot hearth stones.

after some time, I was unsure whether to let him rest, or see if he would wake. I could not hear breathing, so I decided to intervene. I prodded him roughly with my muzzle, shaking him, "zee, are you ok? what happened?"

I waited hoping for a jovial resonse
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:07 am

Opening the ice blue eyes, he turned his head to gaze at the dragon, confusion apparant on his face. Heaving up against the tub, muscles rippling, the now 12'1 tall black wolf stood, water cascading off his body .eaving most of his dark fur soaking wet. Glancing toward the hearth, he stepped out of the tub and walked closer before dropping to all furs and shaking wildy, spraying water everywhere, making the fire hiss and sizzle, threatening to extinquish it. Bent over, the mark upon his shoulds was apparent. Spelled out in gray fur across his shoulders was everything that he was...though he himself still did not know. Jumping up with agility, though still completely damp, the black wolf looked at Dio, cocking his head slightly with concerned eyes, almost asking 'what was the matter' as he stared into the Dragons eyes, his own a much lighter shade of blue, almost white, and ones that burned with power. Inside those eyes was knowledge, wisdom...the secrets to the world, but in some indescipherable language. They were wells into which one could fall but never drown, and the spoke more than words. Dripping, the tall black wolf, seemingly unfazed by his change, awaited Dio's reply
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DioDraco » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:47 am

zee, in his taller form rose remarkably calmly from the tub, and shook himself dry near the fire. . . I bluntly ignored the spray he doused me with. knowing full well it would be dry in a matter of moments anyway.

once the wolf lithely stood upright again, I was tendered a most interesting look, one filled with question, and a touch of concern. I wondered why no words. that feeling that was itching at me before gained more eloquence, and told me he had no words. . . that bit of knowledge dredged up from who knows how many years ago, made me curious, where had I remembed it from? and from what context. . .I lost myself in thoughs dredging and seeking the knowledge. . . then a fragment of relevant memory linked it's self to another fragment, and another, my mind suddenly pieced the rest of the puzzle together; remir, a wolf of 15 odd feet had come my way some 112 years ago, no words, very. . . spontanious happy one moment, ready for blood the next, and just as swiftly back again. .. and I'll never forget those eyes. . those . .. just like zee's pale blue. so. . .Zee was a remir. a remnant of an ancient race of weapons.

he almost seemed as though he himself did not know if their exhistence.
I adapted myself, to what I recalled from the experience, careful not to insult, and make myself clear, and to the point, recalling his direct attitude and notorious short temper. . .as well as his silence, no words but expressive and as intelligent as ever.

"no need to worry zee. I am just fine. you seem to have changed though. did you know about your remir ancestry?"
DioDraco
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:09 am

Thee tall wolfs eyes sparkled with humor as he looked itno Dio's face, raising an eyebrow, giving a look of intrigue. Standing there drying by the fire, he simply shrugged, turning back towards the main part of the room with uncanny agility and took a few steps before halting, tensing. He was gazing down into the bath water. In a flash he was on his knees, paws grasping at the edges of the tub, as he stared into the shaking reflection. Confusion and fear could be seen on his face as He looked at the water, and the blackfurred, blueeyed face looked back up. A paw reached down to touch the water, before coming back up to the face that was so foreign. Turning his head quickly to Dio, there was urgency in his eyes, as well as fear in his expression. It was then that, witht eh silence peirced by the fire, the wolf realized he wasn't speaking. He threw his arms out, landing on the floor, one paw grabbing at his throat as his mouth forcibly opened and closed, straing to speak.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay