The Big Challenge

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby Cait Sith » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:48 am

* sensing tension between his teammates Cait stepped between the two of them facing Moon and tried to change the subject.*

" So Moon you said you studied Martial arts any specific style?"
Remember what I always say. "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease baby!!"

Image The sceptor keeps the goth kids away.
Cait Sith
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Moon Drummer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:00 am

"It's a lupine style. Comes from the place I grew up. I'm not a master or anything, but that plus my strength usually lets me hold my own in a fight."

*Sighs at Orion's apparent indifference.*

"I don't know what's up with Orion, or that trincket he's carrying. I suppose we'll find out once this contest gets going. You gonna choose any weapons or armor?"
Image Copyright Goldenwolf 2004
Moon Drummer
Rampage
Rampage

Postby odin8898 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:12 pm

(ooc: As flattered as I am being referred to a contstellation or the son of Darkseid, its "Odin", not Orion. Just pointing it out...)
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Moon Drummer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:24 pm

( :oops: Sorry. I have another friend whose name is Orion. I won't make the mistake again, Odin.)
Image Copyright Goldenwolf 2004
Moon Drummer
Rampage
Rampage

Postby odin8898 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:29 pm

(ooc: Nah, its okay, Moon. It was bound to happen at some point by someone. No problem. Mistakes can be made. Its quite alright).

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby tonberrykingiv » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:07 pm

Torako watches the exchange intently, closest thing to emotion she's shown all this time as her tail (which is longer than the entire length of her body) idly swishes about.

"Hm. I will leave tactucs to you then, but I may not be able to follow it if I'm in the heat of fighting. At least however I feel that you know what you're doing..."

With that she clambers up on a bench, and waits...
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby Silverfox » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:47 am

The door to the Red Team's locker room was thrust open with a bang, silencing everyone in the room. Flecks of the tile wall, knocked loose by the door handle, fell to the cement floor as a pair of heavy boots trod into the room. Black combat boots gave way to red trousers, a white tank top and the hard face of Sean Taylor, the coach of the Red Team. A seven foot, three inch panther with a body of solid granate, he was also the Red Team's Champion.

"Well, well," he said, glancing about at the others in the room. "Look at what we have got here..."

He trod to the center of the room and faced the door, still eyeing everyone.

"I am Sean Taylor, your coach and champion. My purpose is to make sure you folks don't get yourself killed when you get to the field. Our goal is to obliterate the Black Team and secure the Red Team as the Champions of the Challenge. Let me lay down some ground rules for this game. First, you are allowed to do anything you want out on the field. This means size-shifting, magic, what have you. Second, only one person walks out of the arena. That's basically it. Now, let's hear about who you are and what strengths you have. We'll also draw to see who gets to be the lucky one to go first..."

=====

Meanwhile, the door to the Black Team's locker slowly opened and another character entered. Simple cloth shoes betrayed little noise as a thin gray tabby slowly walked into the center of the room and faced the others.

"Greetings to you," he said. "I am Kage Hikoshi, your coach and champion. I excel in the dark arts and I'm a master of martial arts. Our goal in this tournament is to defeat our crimson opponents and ensure our team is the victor. Allow me to tell you the rules. One, you're allowed anything you wish in the arena except firearms. This means black magic, voodoo, anything you'd like to win. Two, only one person leaves. Fight for your life and do anything to win. Now, let me hear about you..."

"Gory, gory, what a hell of way to die!"
Silverfox
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby tonberrykingiv » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:03 am

"Will size shifting magic be provided for us?"

The little fighter raises a paw as she sits atop a bench too high up for her feet to touch the ground.

"And my name is Torako. I have been given no purpose as a homoculus but my skills lie in martial combat so here I am. My body is my weapon first and foremost, and I have no qualms against our orders..."

She then goes silent, looking entently at empty space as if preparing herself... or just shutting down for awhile.
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby odin8898 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:00 am

Grunts, looking at their "couch", and says, still cooly and emotionless,
"I am Odin. I am skilled in the arts of pugilism and boxing, along with a few imrovisiations of my own...I am taking a liking to this metal gloves"
He said flexing them for his own good
"....they will do well in the match agaisnt whoever I am pitted agaisnt...now, lets get this drawing over with....the sooner I fight, the better..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:06 am

"Kogenta. Versed in group warfare of chinese design."
Hefts the sword meaningfully.
"Sorgan & Kalen are my team mates, also versed in the same warfare. I have limited magic abilities."
Kalen and Sorgan both crossed their arms then made a quick gesture with their arms before crouching, head low with one hand on the floor in a sign of respect. Kogenta did the same. The sign they used was the traditional greeting of an Imperial chinese soldier to a higher rank.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay