The Big Challenge

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby Moon Drummer » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:44 am

Moon looked up as the two furs entered - the tiger and the big grey wolf. He stood and beamed at them.

"So I guess I get some teammates after all! How's it going, guys? Name's Moon," he said, extending a paw first to the wolf then to the tiger.

(FYI, Moon is a pro-furry bodybuilder. If either of your characters looks at muscle mags, they might recognize him from those.)

"Hey, that's a nice build you got, big guy," he says to the wolf, winking with one gold eye. "We can fight back to back if we need to."

He looked at the tiger.

"I'm guessing strength isn't your fighting style. We've got a little time before the first match. Why don't we settle who does what for fighting, that way there's no surprises?"

Moon sat back on one of the locker room benches.

"Me, I'm pretty good at the super strength routine. I'm also trained in a lupine martial art, which means I'm a lot more flexible than I look. I wasn't planning on using any armor or weapons. Also, we should figure out which of us will be the team leader. I'm open to voting on it."
Image Copyright Goldenwolf 2004
Moon Drummer
Rampage
Rampage

Postby odin8898 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:34 pm

The big gray wolf, having been in deep thought, looked up and shookthe other lupe's extended paw. But he looked athim expressionlessly.

"Excuse me if I am being blunt, but I'm not thesocial type...I'm sure my other "collegues" will be a more fitting associates, but I was summoned first...so, please..."He says cryptically (and almost chillingly), looking deep into Moon's golden eyes with his pale cobalt blue ones.

He turns back to the weaponry, looking carefully.

"and I must decline on a practice brawl...I have limited resources, so only the real bout will I reveal my fighting style...I humbly apologize..."
The wolf said...without looking at them...Something's screwy around here...

"As for leader....well, I don't think MY vote shall matter in that...."
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Moon Drummer » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:30 pm

Moon was puzzled by the grey wolf's reply.

"Why wouldn't your vote count? Don't you want to be a part of this team? We're going into mortal combat, you know. I would think you would want to know exactly who to follow and which of us is best for the different kinds of fighting."

He shrugged his shoulders, and turned to the tiger.

"So how about you?"
Moon Drummer
Rampage
Rampage

Postby odin8898 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:33 am

The grey wolf responds without looking back.

"No. Being part of this team will prove useless. If you knew what of myself and my associates, than you know why. But thats something I'm keeping to myself and as well as my replacements until we reach the finals...but, since you seem to know what YOU are doing...I vote for Moon...call me Odin...simple and short, just Odin..."

Removes a pair of metal knuckle gloves from the weapon wall, putting them on, flexing the fingers and doing a few practice boxing jabs with them, nodding in approval.

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Cait Sith » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:48 am

* Shakes Moon's hand*

" I don't think we will be able to vote for a leader until we see how each of us handles the responsibility. For now lets just alternate who is leader between battles and decide after a couple of fights."

" Anyway my name is Cait Tybalt Sith, but please just call me Cait. Its nice to meet you Mr. Moon. As for my "fighting style" don't let my size fool you, i'm just as strong as any of you. I've also studied some martial arts, Mostly Taekwondo. I also have an extensive knowledge of magic. My weapon Specialties are one and two handed maces."
Remember what I always say. "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease baby!!"

Image The sceptor keeps the goth kids away.
Cait Sith
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Moon Drummer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:01 am

Moon bares his fangs at the other wolf's back.

"If you have such a low opinion of us, why didn't you join the black team?" he snarls quietly to himself.

Shaking his head, he nods at the tiger.

"Alright, Cait. I'm all done with my warmups. I'm just waiting for this coach or announcer or whatever comes next. They certainly have maces for you to choose from. I'll watch your back out there if you watch mine. Deal?"
Moon Drummer
Rampage
Rampage

Postby President Rufus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:39 pm

Kogenta turned to Kalen and Sorgan.
"I think we should opt with our team tactics."
"Agreed."
They discarded their chosen weapons and each picked up a jade machetes along with a wooden shield with a dragon's head emblazoned on the front. The shield was red in colour donating its teak origin.
They belted on the sheaths on their backs. Now they sat on a bench and awaited the announcer, or coach.
"I'm sorry Torako but our tactics verge towards us three working as a team. I also feel that we should have a team leader. I have the neccessary experience but I won't lay claim to a title until I've seen you in action. We have a clear chain of command so we know what we're doing."
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby odin8898 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Odin looks back at Moon, expressionless as ever and cold cobalt eyes staring.
"I Do not have a low opinon on this or anyother team...I'm saying, I will not be part of it because I CAN"T be part of it...and that fact will become clear if..."

He stops, reaches into pocket, removing what looked like an antique pocket watch...only to open it, and the sound of whirring and buzzing tech began emit, a green glow caused the wolf to nod, before closing it and stuffing it into his pocket.

"...never mind...I still have plenty of time...so if you wish to contiue to bare such emotion towards me, that is quite fine...all it will do is obscure your vision of the bigger picture..."

He looks to Cait, nods acknowledging, then turned around, adjusting his gloves again.

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby tonberrykingiv » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Torako nods blandly however she refuses any other weapon save the nyoi-bo offered her earlier, now held on a 'bandolier' in it's chained segments form over her back.

"I have no leadership qualities that you would benefit from, so do as you wish. However, by the same token I will not take up a uniform example." She gestures to the jade machetes and shields the trio now have.

"I won't go against your rule but I still operate best by myself..."
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby President Rufus » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:13 am

"That was the wrong impression," started Kogenta, "What I meant was we three work well as a team and so you would find difficulties in fighting with us as we don't really fight that well independantly. As for leadership qualitites, well I ain't got them according to the military. Got kicked out for bad leadership. So I'll wait till we get a good person. So basically all we have to do is fight like you live. Our weapons are of asian origin and we know a few tactics with the teak shield that should surprise our enemies."
Kogenta made a signal and his two men formed around him.
"On of such tactics is to run with the shield in front and the machete held out back and then crushing the opponent."
Kalen and Sorgan rushed Kogenta and slammed their shields into him ruining any defense he could have made and then forced him to the ground using their shields along with their weight.
"At this point, I would be effectively useless and so I would be executed. Works most of the time."
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay