The Big Challenge

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby tonberrykingiv » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:27 am

Black team's roster is in for a surpise with the arrival of possibly their youngest member. She's rather small, about 3'10" and looks a bit waifish, wearing ragged cargo shorts and a shirt cut to fit her. Her frame is wimpy, even for a child, and yet...something about her belies that she is more than what she seems.

Of course, the paws, tail and other such feline accutrements might be a tip off.

Though small in stature, the girl has oversized hands and feet in the form of tiger paws, white furred with streaks and stripes of light brown and a few solid blacks and sizable digits. Her hair is striped as well and a veritable mane falling down her back, where a long (longer than the length of her body) tail swishes lazily. She is barefoot and silent; pawing around through the equipment of armor and weapons curiously, not finding anything to her liking... as of yet...
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby tonberrykingiv » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:35 am

(argh, can't edit... In any case, wanted to point out that her paws/tail/ears are the only feline parts, from the knees and elbows up, she's a human girl...)
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby President Rufus » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:06 pm

Kogenta, Kalen and Sorgan where already in black teams armory and had already picked their weapons.
Kalen had found a decent weighted quarterstaff with bladed ends and was twirling it around with much gusto.
Sorgan had picked up a small chinese 'chain blade.' This was a chain that held three small blades at its end designed to be used incredibly quickly rather than carefully. There was skill involved in its use.
Kogenta had picked out an ivory sword that was curved and the way he pratised with it showed an uncommon ease with the weapon. The sword's sheath was not belted and instead in his other hand for use as a block but was held behind his back most of the time.
They turned as the newcomer came in.
"Greetings, little one," Kalen started, "the audience chambers are through the other door."
Kogenta stabbed a small elbow into his rib.
"Sorry. What my friend means is hello and welcome to what's currently black team."
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby tonberrykingiv » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:18 pm

The little one, henceforth known as Torako, doesn't readily respond as she's still pilfering through the armory offered, discarding weapon after armor piece in an endless array of disapointment. It even takes her a few moments to realize she was being addressed.

When she turns to look at Kogenta, he may be surprised at the ice green eyes she has, though round as saucers she's utting up the perfect poker face, no sense of emotion.

"Oh. Hi. Call me Torako. I hope you and your friends are up for this..."

With that she goes back trying to find something to use, fingering a ridiculously larger battle axe for a moment before discarding that one too...
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby President Rufus » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:35 pm

"Am we ready? I think you jest."
He glanced at the smaller combatant, watching curiously as Torako went through various weapons and armor each seeming not to approve of any.
"Are you looking for a specific armor? You don't have to wear any."
Kogenta and his mates were only wearing their black combat fatigues, and that was all, no helmet or armor touched their frames. Nor did they appear to be bothered by the lack of protections."
Kogenta heard Kalen suppress a giggle at Torako when she hefted the battle axe.
"I must say you are a fascinating thing. What are you?"
Kogenta had spoken softly.
"As a black team member I think we should impart a little about ourselves to show sme trust. For example I was a Captain until very recently where I resigned my commission. I am also a youkai."
"Sir! Don't you think you should keep quiet about things like that? Its not something that should be said freely."
"Its alright Sorgan. I feel I can trust this one."
Kogenta turned his attention back to practising his forms. His sword clashed against both Kalen and Sorgan weapons as they practised in silence. The dull ring of metal striking metal was all that could be heard for a while.
The three way fighting was generally considered a good way to keep ones awareness and fighting capabilities in good form.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby tonberrykingiv » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:20 pm

" I am Torako. I am me..." she says simply, oversized paws fumbling with a staff she is quick to discard.

"However, some would call me a homoculous.. if one were to be speciffic. I don't really mind what people think i am..."

She makes a shrugging motion at the mention of youkai, if it bothers her she doesn't show...

"I have no quarrel with such as yourself... However I am trying to find at least a decent armament that can change shape..." She finally settles on a sectioned staff linked together by chain lengths, that can also snap together to form one solid weapon....
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby odin8898 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Outside the locker rooms...

A 5'9 male gray white wolf, looking a bit runtish compared to the wolves that had graced the area before. He wore a simple white t-shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. Signing up for the red team and all the legalities, he thanks the proprietor of the stand, and heads for the locker room...only to stop at an empty mens room, locking the door...shortly, a bright flash could be seen in the door's cracks...

Minutes later, the Red Team Locker room....

The door opened, and a tall lupine stepped in,standing about 6'1 and with a body flexing with muscle from harsh experiences, his light gray fur almost ghostly as he walked in, sporting an what seemed like athrowback from "The Untouchables", except it was colored a dull scarlet to fit his current membrship in the Red Team. He strode over to the weapons wall, nodding to the sole other member of the team, another large wolf, before focusing his attention the large assortment of weaponry.
"Do not ask the Question. It lies..."

New Icon by Haemish (c)
Resized by Twitch (c)
Thanks again, guys. I owe you...big time.
odin8898
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Cait Sith » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:12 pm

A 6'0 male orange tiger (though most people would mistake him for a cat since he has no visible stripes) Rushes towards the entry stand. He has a slim build and wears nothing but a pair of red baggy pants and a reversible headband (One side red one side blue). Attached to his pants is a blue bag with a yellow star on it, on the other side a one handed mace. both swing manically as he runs towards the stand.

*huff huff* "Of all the days to oversleep. I hope i'm not to late."

He runs up to the entry stand. The propriator dosn't notice as he is busy reading what appears to be a volumn of Card Captor Sakura.

"Excuse me is it to late to ask for an application?"

The propriator looked from behind his book and look at him from head to toe.

"hmmph sure kid but arn't you a little... thin for a competition like this?"

He glared at the Propriator with his sky blue eyes.

"Arn't you a little old for manga meant for ten year olds?"

The propriator blushed and quickly hid his manga from site. Then grabbed a an application and handed it to him.

"Ok wiseass fill this out, pick a team and get out of my face!"

"With pleasure!"
He quickly filled out the application to the bottom down to where it said signiture. He signs it Cait Sith.

"Now for the teams. I'm already wearing Red so I guess i'll join the red team."

Cait hands in the application and walks into he red team locker room.
Remember what I always say. "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease baby!!"

Image The sceptor keeps the goth kids away.
Cait Sith
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:59 am

"hmmm. You're looking for a changing weapon eh? What about the Nyoi-bo (almighty in english. Japanese and chinese use such modest names for weapons) staff? Its like what you got there and it also forms the smaller three segmented Nyoi-bo san sekkon."
"Hey boss we got another two hostiles."
"More on red?"
"Yeah I can see them sign up from here. A cat and a wolf just signed up as red."
Kogenta turned back to Torako.
"By homunculous this is to mean that you are a soul given life? or a human shell given a soul? I've met your kind before. I think."
He walked over to the rows and picked out a seemingly ordinary staff before showing how to split the segments up into smaller linked segments. THe links where in the middle with chain.
He held out the weapon.
"This is a nyoi-bo."
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby tonberrykingiv » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:09 am

"Not human. And who can say where souls come from? Mine was just put into this shell and given life. As for my purpose or my reason for living, who can say that?" She takes the nyoi-bo and though her paws are awkward and large the weapon seems to resonate with her.

From there she merely folds the segments up and looks up at Kogenta.

"Fighting however tends to bring out the best of my abilities so I've stuck with it."
tonberrykingiv
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay