The Ancient Land of the Dragons

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

Postby Trixxus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:17 pm

[Well... macros seem, on average, to be about 60 ft tall... so, at 40 ft, Alastair is somewhat smaller than most. And that's just standing... if you're going by height=intimidating, Alastair is usually on all fours, at 25 ft tall. Still intimidating, but...
Also... I suppose that if the generator is what's keeping it in flight, then Alastair being above it could destabalize the ship somewhat, but him being below it would actually help stabilize it. :p]

Alastair swoops around to the 'guest quarters', and lands inside. Alastair looks around.
(If the door that Alex is going to walk through is on the floor, Alastair lays down in front of it (a good ways back), and if it's on a raised platform, Alastart trys to get his head level with it.)
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:48 pm

(I agree. I think Alastair would face the floor door. I think that a macro quarters at the bottom of the ship is better because any macros can leave as soon as it lands rather than risk falling because micros can fly and only some macros can fly. Note: You update real fast! I'm impressed!)

Alex walked into the chamber as it was jokingly called by his men and nearly suffered a heart attack. For facing a macro's muzzle meant that he had full view at a cave of teeth which wasn't something one is always comfortable around. The fact that the doors were sealed shut to secure compartments meant that the view was sudden.
"Jeez! M- I mean I-"
After regaining his deflated dignity he started again.
"Hello again. My name is Alex. Alex Swann. This is my ship the Solstice. Please make yourself at home for the duration of your stay and should you want you could join the crew. However I would like you to tell me your purpose and reason for being here."
The deck shuddered as the ship stopped and began to hover.
"Captain, your transport awaits in the port launch bay."

(Just realised a horrible thought. If a macro were patient enough he could fake friendliness until inside and tear the ship apart from the inside without any cannons able to stop him/her that would be bad. Hopefully Alex won't learn how to trust people the hard way.)
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:35 pm

[You hadn't thought of that before? Alastair was more than slightly worried about it being booby trapped in case he turned on Alex... he's actually pretty trusting, 'cause he figured that Alex could have planted a huge bomb under the floor, or have serious armor plating on all sides, and locked him in, or something.
Thanks for the compliment- kinda ironic, though, that you said it when I had to leave for a few hours. Yeah, I like replying fast if I can- I DMed something like this once, and when a bunch of people where all into it at once (most I had at once was eight people or so), I generally updated around 10-12 times a day. Not sure I'd do that often again, though, after a week or two of that, it got really draining.
Also, Alastair had his mouth closed. :P Not gonna go back in time for a little thing like that, though.*]

Alastair, who had gotten somewhat bored waiting (he's rather patient, though), perked up when Alex walked through the door. Alastair listened patiently to Alex's short speech, seeming not to notice Alex's brief discomposure. "Thanks, Mr. Alex." Alastair smiled. "Is it ok if I call you Alex? Anyway, I just came here because I like meeting people, and it didn't look like it would be a problem for me to land on such a big ship as this." Alastair wagged his tail and cocked his head to the side. "I don't think I'd make very good crew, though, and if it's a problem for me to be here, I can leave." Alastair leaned forward, and gently bumped Alex's chest with his nose. "You don't mind being my friend, do you? It's ok if you're busy..." Alastair listened to Alex being haled, and sighed heavily. Alastair lay down, and stretched off to Alex's side. "I guess you have to go now..." Alastair said sadly, and stared at the wall like he expected it to be his only companion for the next few hours.

[*EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, there's no reason Alastair couldn't have been yawning. Lets go with that. ^^]
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:07 am

(you forget that a predator such as Alastair would have some overlaping teeth like canines and a "smile" would reveal them eh? Booby trap a ship with a bomb or device capable of killing a macro?! That might need a nuke!)

"Just Alex is fine, besides we have had macro crew members in the past Ship number 5 has a macro wolf on terms. Cost a lot to upkeep but they make the best shocktroops or like you make great air-support. I'll be your friend, thanks for your patience. I'll be back soon."

Alex walks out and upon his reflection on the ship's plans calls his lieutenant to take the shuttle and barter in the town for supplies and possible new recruits. He then turns about and walks back into "the chamber."
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:52 pm

[Well, you'd need the room redecorated, for sure... :P]

When Alex reentered the room, Alastair was lying down, leaning against the wall to the side of the door. Alastair started wagging his tail, thumping it loudly against the wall. "You came back!" Alastair leaned down, and sniffed at Alex (though this seemed more instinctual than not; Alex was still a good 15 ft away from Alastair's nose). "Well... I was thinking. I don't want to hurt anyone, and I really like being able to fly around on my own, but... if you want, for a few days, I could help you." Alastair smiled. "I could carry heavy things around, fly things..." Alastair rolled upright, and looked intently at Alex. "Want a ride? I'll be careful..."
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:12 pm

"Fine, if you want to stay we will get the room furnished soon. You can help the reconaisance division. You will take orders from them. We will be heading due east after we restock the supplies. Now then, private." he says stressing the word, "IF YOU DARE OFFER A RIDE ON YOUR BACK AGAIN, I WILL SEE THAT YOU WILL BE PUNISHED! YOU are a part of the team now and that means you don't humble yourself and that you perform your best!"
Alex steps towards Alastair and whispers: "Don't worry. I didn't mean it but that is how we guage ability to take orders, we find something to shout about and see how its taken. If you want you may fly about though I can't really control that but make sure you return by dusk or we leave without you. At 1800 I will go flying but in a vanship."

Alex, then goes off to find a mechanic to maul for not doing his job. He finds it hard to leave such a friendly macro for kindness is rare in their kind.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:27 pm

Alastair watched Alex go, and sighed. He got up, and sniffed the floor where Alex was standing, then walked around the room. Well, I guess I've got to find something else to do, now... Alastair walked over to the exit, and jumped out into the air. I wonder when 1800 is...
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:35 pm

Alex was happy. It took a lot to make him happy but this was his lucky day. First a macro had signed on (if only temporarily) and then the natives of the town had complied willingly to trading when his officer had gone down though that may be due to having alastair onboard. Now the last of the supplies were being transported and he had some time to himself. He glanced at his watch: 5:30 a bit early but then flying a vanship never got boring. He hiked towards the launch pad and entered a green vanship, and after checking the fuel and water supply for the engine, he took off.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Elvern Erikson » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:42 pm

It looked like a speck on the horizon at first, but slowly got bigger. Off the starboard bow of the ship was a dragon, or at least that's what it looked like with the scaled body, wings,and tail. Sunlight reflected over the bronze tones of its hide, and while it was not clear how big it was, it was clear that it was coming closer, lazily banking towards the ship rather than flying directly at it.
Macrology: The study of macros. Combines the schools of macrophysics, macrobiochemistry, and macrodemographics.

If knowledge is power, then I am the tiny god among giants.
Elvern Erikson
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:33 pm

[Actually, ships. Also, I bet they can figure it out if they've got radar. :P]

Alastair, who had been flying around, investigating the ships, and having a few short conversations with people on breaks (or who where for some other reason just standing around when Alastair passed :P), saw the dragon coming toward them, and decided to investigate. Well... Alex left before he explained what he wanted me to do, exactly, or who to talk to to find out, but this does seem like 'recon'...

[Oh, and P_R, don't worry about leaving Alastair behind; unless those ships of yours are unusually fast, he'll be able to outfly them easily. He couldn't keep up with a vanship at top speed (though he is more agile), but the larger ships are rather slow.]
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Roleplay