The Ancient Land of the Dragons

Archive of the "Roleplay" forum.

The Ancient Land of the Dragons

Postby WhiteWolf198 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:19 am

It was a warm day in Hulharth in mid summer. A WereWolf name ShadowWolf Stired in his bed. For he had to meet with the town gaurd today for his misfortens last night. "ok no more drinking for me", said shadow.

He got out of bed and went to bath his grey and black fur. He then got ready for the new day and for the adventuer that he did not know await him. Shadow walk to the front door and went out side in the cool as it blew. He looked down both streets. "Good no Guard yet, that means i can go eat".

He went to that Local Cafe and orded a good size brekfeast and sat and ate him meal not knowing the evetns that was bound to happen on this day.
WhiteWolf198
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby President Rufus » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:56 pm

"Prepare for descent!"
"Aye Captain"

Captain Alex Swann smiled to himself as the Sylvana sailed downwards. He was a well built white tiger who was 6ft nothing. His airship was one of the finest with a healthy crew and large group of vanships. His airships was long and armored round the whole hull the top was brimming with gun turrets as was the bottom, the sides had infantry with their steam-rifles ready for combat. The vanships his only fightercraft were small and versatile but prepped and ready should anyone object to his landing in the small town for supplies.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:17 pm

[Alastair is a cross between a dragon and a wolf. Alastair is pronounced without the 'i'. (Alastar) Basically, if an anthro wolf is a human-shaped wolf, Alastair is a dragon-shaped wolf. He's about 20 ft tall and 45 ft long on all fours, and about 40 ft tall standing. (Though it varies a good deal with posture.) If you need a better description, tell me. ^^]

Alastair was flying over a small town, when he saw several... flying boats? Huh, I've never seen those before... Lets check them out. Alastair thought with a smile. He swooped around, and looked for the largest landing spot he could find. (I assume the main deck on the flagship.) Finding a likely landing spot, he came around for a landing.
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:36 pm

"Sir! There's radar's picking up something big."
"Near us? Where?" Alex got up out of his seat in the center point of the bridge and strode over to the portholes in the bridge."

There was a clang and shudder as the dragon-wolf landed on the launch pad. Alex swirled to his officers as a legate entered the bridge.
"Sir! You've got to see this! There's a macro on the hull."
Alex walked through the companionway and traveled down the lift to the launch pad.
"Oh that's not good." He then called his communications officer from the launch pad's phone. A general alarm began to cry out.
"All soldiers, arm, load, and form up on the launch pad."
As the klaxon screamed, many crewmembers ran to equipment lockers to grab their steam-rifles.

Alex with a sizable detachment of men walked to the creature and asked its purpose for it had only stayed on the deck and had not attacked.
Yet Alex thought. Yet.
(Note: all weapons: cannon, machine guns on vanships and rifles are steam powered).
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:49 pm

[Err... aside from making them somewhat less lethal than they would be otherwise, does that mean they have a particular weakness?]

As the alarms started to sound and flash, Alastair's ears drooped. He saw a very important looking white tiger walk out toward him, surrounded by armed troops. (Alastair didn't recognize the cannons, but he knows rifles when he sees them.) Alastair's tail curled up beneath him, and he crouched down and turned his head slightly to the side with his eyes scrunched shut, like a dog whose master is yelling at him, and isn't sure if he's going to be hit. "I'm sorry I've never seen ships like this before I was curious please don't shoot me, I'll go If I'm not supposed to be here..." Alastair said hurriedly.
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:15 pm

(Because their rifles are steam-powered there are hoses connected to the guns to charge their canisters with a limitted ammount of high-pressure steam, so the weakness is the hoses and the fact that musket balls and cannon balls are used because round-objects are easier to propel with steam)

Alex looked on in shock at the macro then back to his soldiers (who are dressed in gleaming blue uniforms breaches and all think more of France's old musket age troops) then back to the macro. He couldn't believe it most macros would kill first ask later. However being a curious guy he decided to talk.

"Men. Stand down and return below deck let's not frighten him."
"In answer to your question Mr. er Macro yes you can stay aboard but not on the vanship lift please. You could fly out to the port side and enter the macro quarters if you want for a while but please don't disturb the crew members."
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:25 pm

[Ah, ok. I actually have seen Last Exile, so I have a pretty good idea what you're talking about. Yeah their rifles seem to shoot 'bullets' with a greater mass but much lower velocity; they seem more designed to break bones than put holes in stuff. You'd think that if they could have these uber generators that can keep a battleship floating in the air indefinitely, they'd have better weapons. :P
Side note: since they're supposed to break bones... they'd probably be entirely insufficient to harm a macro in any way (except an eye-shot). Those cannons'd do the trick, though; I'm 50/50 on the vanships' guns. Oh, and that one bazooka thing'd probably work too.]

With Alex's decision not to attack him, Alastair perked up instantly. "Thanks!" Alastair looked around. "These ships are so cool." Alastair leaned down, and sniffed at the deck. "I'm sorry about your lift, though... this just looked like the best place to land. I hope I didn't hurt anything..." Alastair slowly walked over to Alex, and sat in front of him. Alastair leaned down slightly, and extended his hand to Alex, one of his claws held sideways in front of Alex like a bar. (Alastair has limited options as far has hand-shaking goes.) “My name’s Alastair.” Alastair looked down at Alex with his head tilted slightly to the side and ears perked, his tail wagging quickly.

[BTW, Alastair isn't a coward or anything. He just knows that most people's reaction to him is large=scary, so he acts like a cute, innocent puppy to counteract that.]
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:37 am

(note the powersource for airships in Last Exile are produced by the guild so in reality none of the countries have power apart from the guild who can at will disengage the engine from the airship which if you've seen the second episode one of the engines ejects with guild crew before it was even hit. That's why their weapons and tech is considerably below the guild's. The fleet is the Blue-guys' ships not sylvana)

Surprise. Shock. Alex's mind was in turmoil. I mean how many macro's tried to be friendly?! Still this was good for him at least. He had no doubt that should it... should Alastair want he could destroy the ship and the crew whoes rifles would be ineffective against his hide.
"Well, yes nice to meet you Alastair, if you don't mind me calling you, welcome to the flagship of this fleet. We are about to descend onto the town so please if you wish fly alongside because you might unbalance the ship. Without waiting for a reply he strode up to the bridge and told his senior officer to continue descent.
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Trixxus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:43 pm

[Ah, yeah, I was wondering, 'cause there's not a lot that a macro could really do to the Sylvana, but the more normal ships have much thinner armor and less concentrated weapons.
I'd like to mention, though, those ships are huge... I don't think Alastair would unbalance it, or even be too much of an inconvenience on the flight deck unless he actively tried to get in the way. 'sides, if he was going to unbalance it, he'd have unbalanced it just the same in the 'macro room'. :P ]

Alastair watched Alex walk abruptly away from him. Ok... that could have gone better. Alastair thought as he walked over to the edge of the ship. Ah, well, at least he didn't try to shoot me. Rather stings, then people usually start looking for something with more firepower. Alastair chuckled slightly, then looked down at the ground. Pretty cool to have this view while I'm just sitting here, though. Alastair leaned forward slightly, and slipped off the ship with all the grace he could muster. Well, he was worried about me unbalancing his ship... must be rather finely balanced for that to be a problem. Guess he's rather busy, didn't even stop to introduce himself... Alastair unfolded his wings, and glided alongside the ship, looking around it for the macro room, or anything else that looked interesting.
Trixxus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby President Rufus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:02 pm

(Oh yeah. About the "macroquarters" that was hurried adaptation. Sorry but I think if there was one it should be near the center of the ship at the bottom. Besides those Guild engines only take up a tiny space in the center in relation to the total size of the ship so I guess it might become unbalanced or maybe... Alex wanted an excuse to get away from Alastair. He is quite big you know! And in a gun number the big ones may have weaker armour but the top and bottom and almost lined from one end of the other with cannons. The Sylvana has less guns but does have those hidden chain gun/cannons in the front).

Alex's senior officer was directing the descent and was ordered to stop descent at around 800 ft so as to use the smaller vanship-transport to bring him down to talk and trade with the natives. He trudged through the mechanic section and told them to prepare the transport.
"Sir?"
"What is it Ulrich?"
"The ship... well er.. What happened?"
"Don't worry about it. A macro landed, we talked, he is soon to be entering the macro-quarters." Alex then strode off to the macro quarters to properly introduce themselves and to find more about the macro.

He couldn't resist grinning at the shock on the mechanic's face after he told him that!
President Rufus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Archive: Roleplay