What made you smile today? :3

A space for the inevitable off-topic discussions.

Re: What made you smile today? :3

Postby kool kitty89 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:51 am

macrokat wrote:I've mentioned before how I like mice, and my birthday wasn't long ago. I bought a couple nice mouse finger puppets...
http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Field-Mouse- ... B0006NGVM2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000EF5JD ... L500_SS115

We went out to the mall today, and while the girls were looking at clothes my wife and I were on our own. We sat on a bench and when she wasn't looking I took out one of my puppets that I brought along without her knowing. I had the puppet climb up her side and nuzzle her cheek.
Her: "Why did you bring your mice?"
Me: "Because I thought it would be funny to bring them out at a weird time, like this." *Keeps playing around making the mouse crawl around on her*
"You realize you're a grown man, playing with a toy mouse, in public?"
"Yep."

OK, between this and the cartoon/anime/etc interests, this is totally reminding me of something my dad would do . . . except my mom probably wouldn't bat an eye at it either. (or she'd be the one doing it) :p

Though maybe not in public . . . maybe, but just fewer opportunities . . . with props at least.

Though both my parents are kind of general cartoon/fantasy/supernatural/sci-fi/drama/comedy geeks . . . my dad's also into horror stuff on top of that, mom not so much (well, more depending on the genre -thrillers are great, and supernatural adventure/drama with horror undertones too . . . she loved Dark Shadows as a kid after all, and got me into it a few years ago).

Both also followed the kids shows we watched, though my dad more so as time went on, and he was the one really into the stuff in its own right (the bulk of neat 90s and early 2000s kids shows and the anime that started cropping up -especially being KTEH fans that we were . . . hell, that spurred us to getting Tenchi Muyo in Love as our very first DVD movie around 1998 -for the DVD-ROM multimedia set-up my dad had going for our PC back then).
That all lasted up to ~2008 when the really good cartoons pretty much dried up, albeit he then ended up sporadically finding various anime series and watching it with my brother and I (more so my brother due to my college schedule), that on top of the variety of dramas and sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy (and horror) films and TV series he/we follow(ed). (shifting schedules meant less actually watching the stuff together, but we still share in a lot of it)

Albeit, we never had cable, so all those shows were limited to network/syndicated stuff on broadcast TV. (at least until we started streaming/downloading stuff or renting series on DVD)

And then he was the one who took the liberty of renting/downloading several shows to rewatch them, including Tenchi Universe (which was hugely refreshing after the disappointing experience with the original Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OVA series immediately prior to that -if anything, it made me appreciate Universe all the more) and then downloaded the entire 50 episodes (250 hours) of Season 3 of Digimon (Tamers) and we re-watched that in semi-marathon fashion around 2008. (which was pretty amazing, really, especially given I'd originally missed a few episodes, not fully appreciated some others, and then longer gaps between watching)

Both my parents are extremely creative people, really, well my brother and I too, and also not ashamed to retain elements of their childhood . . . not sure if my dad actually said it, but my mom always said you don't have to grow out of things if you don't want to (or something along the lines of never stopping being a kid).

It's really something I don't think I fully, consciously appreciated until fully reflecting on this stuff in discussion recently. ;)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:03 am

For the first time in a while, I managed to force myself to sit down and draw/sketch. :3 Was out today, and I got the minor inspiration, so I went by target, grabbed a cheapo notebook, went to Starbucks, and forced myself to spend about fourty minutes sketching. Got barely anything, just a few faces, but still, practiced not judging myself much, and was pleasantly surprised. :3 It was rather soothing overall, really. Can't believe how much time has passed without me practicing, but still... X3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:01 am

Pissed someone off on dA enough they blocked me, dA equivalent of a ragequit.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:14 pm

[quote="Rattus"]Pissed someone off on dA enough they blocked me, dA equivalent of a ragequit.[/quote]

Your posts always make me smile....maybe you'll get an "I hate Rattus" stamp out of this. XD.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Lots and lots of story updates from my favorite writers across the net, especially good since I'm snowed in.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:33 pm

I tried speaking Scottish in a Russian accent and it just sounded silly. X3 Made me and others smile.

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby littlepeople » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:42 am

The sunrise was beautiful today. I know the sunset will be equally gorgeous. My dogs make me smile everyday. :D
Know the fear..do it anyway/never let 'em see you sweat
littlepeople
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Previous

Return to Collateral Damage