What made you smile today? :3

A space for the inevitable off-topic discussions.

Re: What made you smile today? :3

Postby macrokat » Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Big bang theory is a great show. Just to agree with your earlier post. ;)

And I'm glad to see you tried, and noticed some improvement.
Probably doesn't hurt that my characters aren't super complex in design, for the most part. But that's good, I'm glad you gave it a try and had some fun. That's why I do it. If it wasn't fun there wouldn't be much point right?

Hopefully you can keep the inspiration and continue to improve. :D

Also, added note I suck at copying images myself. So I don't do it.
if I need to draw someone elsewhere character I use other pics. As a guide, but I don't try to copy them. Because I find in that case I get all 'perfectionisty' and its never good enough.

BUT if I just use an image as a general guide, but draw the character in my own style, then its not nearly as problematic. So I basically just look at the picture, get an idea of what the character should look like, then start from scratch on my own.

But everyone's different and has their own style and technique so, that works for me, may not work for everyone.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby El_Dustino » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, yes it is. X3 I am just loving it. Smart and funny; it does not get better than that. Well, for a TV sitcom.

Anyways, d'aww, thank you. X3 I really hope that this will help me make myself draw some every day, so I can keep on imporving. :3 My problem is that I get all perfectiony about ANYTHING, and just... never get anywhere. I seemed to be getting over that today; yeah, a lot of my sketches were pretty bad, but I did not get discouraged. I just either continued and tried to make it work, or just started again, and tried to learn from what I did wrong. :3 It was... so much more enjoyable than my other drawing experieces. I do not know what changed inside of me, but still, either way, I am happy. :3

It is too early to tell what exactly will work for me... I just need to keep trying. :3 If nothing else, it is fun.

I would love to ask you more questions some time, but I do not want to derail my own topic... X3 Would you mind terribly if I sent ya a PM, some time in the future? Not today, no, I... am much to tired now. X3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 pm

No problem. I'm hardly a professionally trained artist or anything but, I know the tricks that work for me and don't mind helping others. So yeah, if you want to pm, have some questions, go right ahead.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Killosk » Wed May 09, 2012 4:05 am

Big Bang Theory is like blackface for nerds. Hope this helps.
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

do it more!

well, it was my birthday on the 11th (23 years now) and a friend of mine told me they hoped I had a good weekend and such

another thing that made me happy is how I was able to sit down and work on a picture for about 7 hours straight, I pretty much never am able to do that, so it was cool!
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Finally got around to dumping that hooker's body in the creek.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Killosk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 am

I found a sexy hooker's body in the creek today.
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 am

I hope I am not necroposting, I just did not see the point in remaking this topic when it was not very far down the list, though it has been over a year since this was posted in. Hmm, if anyone was an issue with it, you can mention it, and I will learn.

Either way, the answer today was a really sweet Gay Romance short story I read this morning, which has kept me smiling all day. :3 Though, uploading my first story and getting some polite comments on it has also put me in a very good mood. My sleeping schedule is total ass right now, which usually gets me down, but... I am just happy. :3 It's also my dad's birthday, so I feel good about taking him out to dinner.

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:03 am

I've mentioned before how I like mice, and my birthday wasn't long ago. I bought a couple nice mouse finger puppets...
http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Field-Mouse- ... B0006NGVM2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000EF5JD ... L500_SS115

We went out to the mall today, and while the girls were looking at clothes my wife and I were on our own. We sat on a bench and when she wasn't looking I took out one of my puppets that I brought along without her knowing. I had the puppet climb up her side and nuzzle her cheek.
Her: "Why did you bring your mice?"
Me: "Because I thought it would be funny to bring them out at a weird time, like this." *Keeps playing around making the mouse crawl around on her*
"You realize you're a grown man, playing with a toy mouse, in public?"
"Yep."
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby El_Dustino » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 am

Heh, that's pretty cute there, Cat. X3 And it's pretty cool that you dun care about what people would think, and just do your own thing, even in public. :3 Almost bad ass, pardon the language.

Kinda reminds me of a cute birthday gift I have been using in public too. X3
http://www.amazon.com/Am-Pusheen-Cat-Cl ... 1476747016

My BF got me this adorable book, which I have been reading out in the open, at college, the town plazas, whatever. X3 Just love it; it's SOOO adorable. Probably my favorite birthday gift in ages. :3 Sadly, I never really had anyone call me out on reading a picture book about a kitty, probably because I am not a grown "man", but still, being yourself in public feels nice. :3

...Though, I think the book itself made me smile more than the experience of reading it in public, but I wanted to give some solidarity. :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Collateral Damage