What made you smile today? :3

A space for the inevitable off-topic discussions.

What made you smile today? :3

Postby El_Dustino » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 am

Man, looking at the recently bumped thread about how bad this place has gotten really, well, got me down. I know that I never posted much, or was not here during the sites heyday, but I still have fairly fond memories of this place. So, rather than just say something like this, or do nothing and just forget about this place again, I thought I might try to breathe a tiny bit more life into it, even if I am just making a tiny little topic. It seemed like a positive enough idea for a topic, and simple. Hopefully this will make me post more, and keep me from forgetting about this place (again), and maybe finally get around to actually uploading some content.

Anyways, so, enough rambling. What made you smile today? :3

As for me, the Okami Office Soundtrack that I ordered came in the mail today, and it is just BEAUTIFUL. The music and the packaging. I wish all soundtracks could be like this. It was a little spendy, but totally worth it.

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Re: What made you smile today? :3

Postby Narzain » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Well, for one thing, this post. It's nice seeing someone bringing a little positivity. Every big thing is made up of lots of little things, after all.

Otherwise, giving goldfish crackers to my pet mice this morning. They get them twice a day, and every time they do the happy-cracker-dance, sticking their little noses through the bars as if to say "give 'em up, dad!" That's always good for a little smile.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm

D'aww, well, thank you. :3 And, your mice sound rather cute.

On a related note, what made me smile today was one of my kitties crawling into bed with me this morning when I was not feeling well; she snuggled against me and purred, and, well, it made me smile, and feel better. :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Benjisama501 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:55 pm

The fact that I got my degree has been keeping me going for a good week or so. Just got to get that career job now. :D
Free commissions tomorrow.
Benjisama501
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby Killosk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 am

The knowledge that, eventually, all the people I dislike will be dead and gone. Bonus points because they'll be dead and gone for waaaay longer than they were actually around.
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 am

Not the fact that this topic has gotten so little posts in this day, but, that the website is looking better, and, the season finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zekoalives » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 am

{Retracted}
Last edited by zekoalives on Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"These boots weren't made for walking... doesn't mean I can't kick your ass..."
 /l、 NYAN!
(°
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

Love? For fools and romantics. And I'm a fool. COUNT ME IN! (also kinda dead)
zekoalives
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Zalguro » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:37 am

I like this thread :)

Mine would be meeting up and talking with an old friend. Then learning he's having a great life and a loving family after having such a rough childhood. Things like that give you hope that life can get better. It made my day.
Zalguro
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby El_Dustino » Tue May 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Watching The Big Bang Theory with my family. :3 It is a pleasant and rather fun show. ...Oh, I also bought a shit ton of video games in April, so, that too, I suppose. :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Vaguely speaking of, something else has made me fairly happy. :3 I was looking over some of Macrokat's work, and randomly got the urge to try drawing some myself. Now, usually for me, drawing is just an experience in confidence draining, but this time, it actually went a little different. After some warm up sketches of boxes and a very failed version of an original character, I randomly decided to try copying an image of... Kali, I think. Now, normally even when I have the image in front of me, I do terribly... but this time... well, okay, it sucks, nowhere near as good as the original, but, I feel like I did pretty alright, considering I have not drawn anything in about two years.

I could ramble on more about the various reasons why I am surprised of how I did, I'm proud of myself, despite it being such a tiny accomplishment. :3 For a long time, I felt like just giving up on ever trying to be an even half competent artist, but this has given me a bit more hope; that if I try, maybe I can be... alright enough. :3 So, I am happy. And I will need to remember to keep on trying.

I suppose that I should thank Macrokat for putting his art up; not sure if you are reading this topic, but either way, thank you. X3

Oh, and sorry about the double post. :3 Carry on.

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Collateral Damage