The kind of question that keeps me awake at night...

A space for the inevitable off-topic discussions.

Postby dragonien » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 am

FoxChess wrote:
Daithean wrote:Words saying having sex with an alternate universe genderswapped you is not masturbation

OK, so how about taking a machine that magically clones you to make a you that is exactly the same except being a different gender? Same age, same memories, same everything, except at the moment of clonage it's suddenly female. That better?

to be totally honest i dont think its possible to clone someone exactly, just make them the opposite gender. considering different genders have different levels of hormonal production and other biological differences that can efffect personality/attitude/demeanor.
RAWR I'm a dragon!

Avatar Created, Updated, and Properly Fitted by Twitch.

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby FoxChess » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 pm

dragonien wrote:
FoxChess wrote:
Daithean wrote:Words saying having sex with an alternate universe genderswapped you is not masturbation

OK, so how about taking a machine that magically clones you to make a you that is exactly the same except being a different gender? Same age, same memories, same everything, except at the moment of clonage it's suddenly female. That better?

to be totally honest i dont think its possible to clone someone exactly, just make them the opposite gender. considering different genders have different levels of hormonal production and other biological differences that can efffect personality/attitude/demeanor.

Shut up we're talking hypotheticals here. Just roll with it.
FoxChess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dragonien » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:12 pm

FoxChess wrote:
dragonien wrote:
FoxChess wrote:

Shut up we're talking hypotheticals here. Just roll with it.

well no, i mean. what im saying is, that BECAUSE of those biologically differences its not possible for you to have an exact opposite gender of you, which means while it would be VERY similar to you, there would be fundamental differences that would make it count as a different person, thus i think it counts as another person.
i was stating my opinion, and the reasoning <_<
RAWR I'm a dragon!

Avatar Created, Updated, and Properly Fitted by Twitch.

dragonien
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Daithean » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 pm

The key is in the words, words such as alternate, or clone. When you photocopy something, you don't end up with one thing in two places, you end up with two things with one composition. The instant you make a copy, the copy becomes its own thing by dint of not occupying the space in which you are currently occupying and thus instantly becomes different to you, because it has different experiences. They are a different instance, or iteration, and they contain damn near the same potentiality as you but they aren't you. Step back from the argument... genetically speaking, you're as good as identical to another person when compared to a fruit fly. Just because you're emotionally and genetically identical to a copy of yourself, even without gender reversal, doesn't mean the gulfs between you aren't enormous when considered on closer levels.

The nearest you're going to get to this subject is that if you had a multiple personality disorder that could localise itself in one extremity, say your hand and arm, and the alternate personality was the opposite gender to yourself, does that count as a handjob or masturbation.

The answer is masturbation as it's a symptom of an illness, not a bonafide person.

But it's closer than clones or alternate dimensions.
Daithean
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 pm

I love reading your responses to this Daithean. I really do.

It's been years since I had psychology and philosophy in college, but I loved those courses and reading your responses reminds me of so many fun things from those courses.

As far as the whole sleeping with alter-you thing... Would you really WANT to? Aside from the whole incest thing, I mean protection better be involved otherwise... O.O

anyway, aside from that, who know what you'd actually LOOK like as the opposite sex, let alone would you want to put up with yourself?

The whole thing just screams extremely awkward to me and honestly I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to look at 'yourself' the morning after.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DreamspinnerSethan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 pm

macrokat wrote: The whole thing just screams extremely awkward to me and honestly I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to look at 'yourself' the morning after.

Paper bags. Problem solved.

Also, no, I wouldn't. I can barely stand myself as it is, a "gender-swapped copy" of any sort would be too much. As in "I must now strap us into a car out of control going 90mph down the wrong side of the Interstate" too much.
Don't mind me, I'm just killing time until I die in the most amusing way possible.
DreamspinnerSethan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:25 am

My answer is no, those scenarios do not count as masturbation. Regardless of similarity, there is still another person involved.

The arguement I had is just a little too creepy for me to feel comfortable posting it, so I'll leave it there.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:38 am

It just means your gay for yourself. Fag.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zekoalives » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:50 am

Rattus wrote:It just means your gay for yourself. Fag.
Well, isn't that a fine "Go fuck yourself"? XP
"These boots weren't made for walking... doesn't mean I can't kick your ass..."
 /l、 NYAN!
(°
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

Love? For fools and romantics. And I'm a fool. COUNT ME IN! (also kinda dead)
zekoalives
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DD » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:59 am

Rattus wrote:It just means your gay for yourself. Fag.

his gay for himself?
DD
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Collateral Damage