Sort of new (but not really)

A space for the inevitable off-topic discussions.

Sort of new (but not really)

Postby CrazyMike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 am

I guess since it's an off topic forum I had a chance to just mention a few things that got me really into macro and micro fetishes. It started with friends that were into furry art, obviously being macro/micro but I wasn't really into it. In all fairness, all of my furry friends were gay and I sort of like playing both sides of the field but when they found out I wasn't a furry they basically stopped being my friends.

Later on I found a few other websites, forums, chat rooms and this was back during dial up so I wasn't too active but I did have a few friends that kept in touch sending e-mails. I noticed a trend that most of them were trying to make me buy stuff from them, some were good friends but a good chunk were people who edited photos of giantess women and trying to make me pay for stuff to download or buy something through the mail. I don't want to sound like a complete freeloader but I had no interest in what they were trying to sell, most of my fun discussions were about movies, tv shows and other stuff to spark a conversation.

I've been lurking websites since 2004, and I guess I like everything around me being giant. Things always seem better when they're bigger.
CrazyMike
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Location: Minnesota or California, I move back and fourth with family

Re: Sort of new (but not really)

Postby -F74M3F0X » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Bigger is always fun! And sorry to hear about your past. Sometimes it's good to think of things like that as learning experiences. But totes feel free to post on here any time. The site doesn't seem to be at it's mass limit yet!
"... Don't be distracted by the 'what if's', 'should of's', and 'if only's'. The one thing you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe." -Kamina, TTGL.
-F74M3F0X
Gojira
Gojira

Postby CrazyMike » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm guessing a solid amount of forums in general seem to be less active since plenty of people use social media, and other programs like apps on our phones. I actually miss forums being active, but here I am doing my typical thing where I'll show up eventually. I have to admit that due to some of my medications I'll get very social or spend weeks being reclusive and just reading books.

I got rid of my social media stuff because I would convince myself that I said something wrong, even trying to be funny.
CrazyMike
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Location: Minnesota or California, I move back and fourth with family

Postby -F74M3F0X » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:30 am

I can understand that. It's hell sometimes to figure if you've said something wrong over social media, but as long as no one's telling you to back off, I'd say you're okay. And I think the forums are slow just because people connected elsewhere. I really do think forums aren't a 'dead' form of communication, they just might not be as flashy and 'quick'. However, they make chatting more paced, so no one gets flooded out. And they are much easier to do things like group RP's, discuss media without trying to gain popularity and views.
"... Don't be distracted by the 'what if's', 'should of's', and 'if only's'. The one thing you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe." -Kamina, TTGL.
-F74M3F0X
Gojira
Gojira

Return to Collateral Damage