What are you listening too now? (Moosic Thread)

A space for the inevitable off-topic discussions.

Re: What are you listening too now? (Moosic Thread)

Postby kool kitty89 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 am

Huh, decided to check this on a whim . . . and damn, look at all the video game music.

Heh, just happens that I've been listening to the old Unreal soundtrack on and off for the last few hours. (between that and the old runescape MIDI soundtrack . . . and a few other game tracks, I've been using them a lot while writing and sometimes reading, though Unreal only for the last couple months, really -works really great with some sci-fi/drama themed stuff though . . . some tracks went absolutely perfect with Back to the Stars . . . actually even better when I decided to do a bit of editing with that one unsolicited :P )

Yeah, neat soundtrack though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IISjIMpepo
(it's not streaming audio either, but MOD music -sequenced synth tracks using a bank of custom samples loaded into RAM- and also how they managed 3 1/2 hours of music)

That's from Unreal Gold . . . basically the bundled re-release combining Unreal and Return to Na Pali. (original game was from '98, think Gold was from '99).
NOT Unreal Tournament, mind you . . . Unreal, the story-driven dark/dramatic sci-fi action-adventure FPS. (that I don't think ever made it to anything beyond PC, oddly enough, even with digital distribution -on Steam, though)

Funny seeing Metroid Prime mentioned on here too . . . that series kind of ended up being spiritual sequels to Unreal, female protagonist and all. (at least a hell of a lot closer than what Unreal 2 ended up as . . . not to mention fundamentally better games)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby FatTony » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Darkseed the fall : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL0Pt1K7OF8 (with the game is was the music to)
The Fall last days of gaia . . . don´t think that it was ever translated to english , at last from offical point .

But hey it also fits good to the Fallout and metro games .
FatTony
Rampage
Rampage

Postby El_Dustino » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:14 am

Pink Floyd - Fat Old Sun (Live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttPNilF3v5A

I am a bit of a Pink Floyd nerd, and this year I have been discovering the vast archives of their early live stuff onlne, which has just been really cool. :3 This is a very nice version of the song Fat Old Sun, about three times it's original length. If you have fifteen minutes to kill, could be worth a listen, if you are into late 60s early 70s prog rock. :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Berserker » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Just discovered the Artic Monkeys (I don't keep up with all music!) and damn. Can't stop listening. A particular favorite of mine finds itself on repeat far too often for its safety from musical semantic satiation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PyoxMSEHYI
Berserker
Gojira
Gojira

Postby littlepeople » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:47 am

21 Pilots Blurry Face :lol:

I could listen to this all day.
Know the fear..do it anyway/never let 'em see you sweat
littlepeople
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Previous

Return to Collateral Damage