So is the site going to die a slow death? Where's the owner?

The big general discussion board.

Re: So is the site going to die a slow death? Where's the ow

Postby FoxChess » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Leaves me wondering if I'm the only active mod left...

Admittedly, there were a few other mods hired, but me, I said from the beginning I'd only be moderating/focusing on the chatty channels and the SFW Art forum. I never went to the other ones, so I left them to the other mods. If they've vanished as well...

This site really has been dying a slow death for years now, as there's been less and less interest in this place. The only real activity there's been is me clearing out the spambots in the aformentioned sections.
FoxChess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FoxChess » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:27 am

Aye, I did a runthrough of the non-adult sections this morning. The one I missed may have popped up afterwards. As for Bennie... I have no idea where he vanished off to.
FoxChess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bennie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 am

You know, I'd like to say "I've been lurking here all along, surprise!" but it would be a blatant lie.

I've hardly been poking my nose in here for a long, long time. Part of that is the pace of my life, and part of that is forums tending to get less traffic over other forms like IM, Discord, image boards, etc.

Still, this place is one heck of a spam magnet.

The forum software is old and creaky, and probably needs to be shut down. The questions is what to put up in its place, if any? What would folks want.

I look back through my messages and emails and it's a long list of "I'll get to it" projects. Not sure if talking about making another one is helpful or not.

What do folks think they'd like?
bennie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chessman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 am

I really miss the rps in here. I liked this site the best for that.
Making my next plan!
chessman
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby bennie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 am

So about the RPs... should there just be a dedicated service for that? I've not messed with F-list's site, but is a forum or BB setup good for RP?
bennie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chessman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:40 pm

It seems as though the Rp section is fine but a lot of people are using it to ask for personal rps rather than forum rps. I'm not really sure if there's anything that could be done about that. Others will probably have better ideas than me. I'm a die hard that refuses to give up on here.
Making my next plan!
chessman
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby -F74M3F0X » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 am

One thing this place has for it is it's antiquity. A lot of big names have a lot of memories here, and I know it's one of the oldest macro forums out there. I don't know how BigFurs and LavaDome5 compare, but those places aren't getting much traffic, either, from what I can tell. It might not be bad to also connect a twitter, telegram, or discord group to here, so people can get enticed from the 'new' and get shown the forum again. But those are just what I've seen other places do.
"... Don't be distracted by the 'what if's', 'should of's', and 'if only's'. The one thing you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe." -Kamina, TTGL.
-F74M3F0X
Gojira
Gojira

Return to Macro Chat