Introducing: The Giganti.ca Forums!

The big general discussion board.

Introducing: The Giganti.ca Forums!

Postby SenorPhrog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:53 am

Hey everybody. By now, you may have heard of Sizebooru, the size-themed image gallery started by myself and Chief. Well, we've been working on another little project for a few weeks now, and today I am proud to announce...

The Giganti.ca Forums are open for business!

http://www.giganti.ca

giganti.ca is a joint effort between several longtime members of the sizechange community, spearheaded by Chief and I. Along with our hosting benefactors, Xipher and Cheator of Bigfurs.com, we aim to offer a new kind of forum for fans of all things size-related.

There are already plenty of forums out there that do a great job of dealing with the subject of size change, including this one. Why make another one, you ask? Well, we're not trying to compete. Instead, we're trying to fill a new niche: a place designed specifically to promote creativity and artistic advancement in the community.

While there's a fair amount of size-related material to be found in pop culture, movies, manga, and elsewhere, we at giganti.ca believe that the best work comes from within. Between the macro-furry and giantess communities, there is a tremendous wealth of talent to go around... but for the most part, these communities have long been segregated from each other. We feel that this division is holding both sides back from seeing their true potential; it's time for some collaboration.

giganti.ca welcomes all forms of size-related creativity: anthros, humans, giants, giantesses, small men and small women alike. Our goal is to foster a supportive and accepting creative community, one which both encourages improvement and champions quality. While we're open to many different kinds of material, we've taken steps to ensure that you can easily filter out anything you'd rather not see--just in case.

We've also organized our forums by the various forms of creative work present in this community, so that artists in each dicipline can share their tricks of the trade and help others improve; drawings, collages, 3d-renders, stories, and videos are all welcome. As long as it's size-related, we'll take it!

We want to make this a place where people from all different backgrounds, and with all different tastes, can share their mutual love of sizechange through their art and storytelling. However, we can't do that without you. We hope you'll take a look at the forums, check out our forum rules, and register to join. Whether you're a macro-furry or giantess artist, or just an art lover, we'd love to have you at giganti.ca!

Questions, comments? Just ask. I'll do my best to fill you in :)
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:22 am

That's really friggin' cool there, Phrog. Only issue is exposure. The all-dancing all-doing approach to everything macro works, just as long as you have enough of a base to generate a sustaining interest.

Something to keep an eye on regardless.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Killosk » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:15 am

Indeed, it does look rather interesting. My only concern with it, aside from the issue already addressed by Rattus, is the fact that it combines GTS and furry macro, which my memory tells me causes collision amongst its members. But then again, Sizebooru offers and allows all kinds of micro/macro content and seems to do fine, so I could just be talking out of my ass.
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DreamspinnerSethan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Now it just needs content.
Don't mind me, I'm just killing time until I die in the most amusing way possible.
DreamspinnerSethan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby bennie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:29 pm

... aaaaaand added to the links section!
bennie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chaswari » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm

So essentially you are not trying to replace merely one site, but all of them.

You monster.
Chaswari
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Jacom » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Chaswari wrote:So essentially you are not trying to replace merely one site, but all of them.

You monster.

He could be either a monster or a genius. I don't know which yet.
Jacom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby SenorPhrog » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 am

bennie wrote:... aaaaaand added to the links section!

Thanks! We'll be adding you guys to ours, too...as soon as we have one. =P

To answer some questions--
There have indeed been clashes between the two communities before. These usually involved anthro artists going into the (historically much less tolerant) GTS community and sharing their work, and subsequently catching flak for it from certain small-minded individuals just because it wasn't human.

Fortunately, we won't tolerate intolerance (ha!) at Giganti.ca, so that should not become an issue. If someone is too dumb to avoid clicking on a thread that reads "FURRY" in the title when that isn't their cup of tea, well, we don't really have a place for them at our forum. :twisted:

Content won't be instantaneous, but we've already got some nice stuff up in the Drawings section for your perusal. Unfortunately because of some server issues we weren't able to launch this weekend as we'd planned, so it might take a few days for people to catch up with the news and start joining en masse. We also have a list of our favorite artists drawn up for contact if we notice their work to be conspicuously absent after a while :P

I can promise you we have no aim of replacing anybody, though. A lot of other sites (this one included) have very good infrastructure in place for handling stuff like social elements of the community--roleplay and whatnot--and that is not something I want to even think about for gigantica. You're all safe XD
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby chief » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:04 am

......for now. :twisted:

I know the GTS community has been less tolerant...and also less...I guess I would say, supportive or articulate with works such as writings and drawings.

However, I feel Phrog and I as two main guys can bridge the gap pretty well. I don't actively do stuff in the macrofurry genre, and of the two of us I would be considered much more on the GTS side, BUT I do appreciate it, and I do enjoy really good works from time to time. I hope to spread that kind of tolerance.

Phrog is a pretty well-respected and articulate member of BOTH communities, but I would say he is more on the furry side of things. I know him personally and we gotta nice connection going.

Between the two of us, I think we can create a culture of artistic expression and understanding that transcends petty differences. And it sounds corny, but that really is our hope.

I hope the active posting within the furry community can be spread to the GTS community...through example.

And we need people who are active within both to bridge the gap, as well.

I think it takes good leadership to make a page(forum) work, as the successful forums like here and others can attest to, and I think we have that as well.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Visit and post, and I may even be tempted to draw some more furry stuff myself! :lol:
<a href="http://chief.giantesscity.com">My giantess art page.</a> (mostly non-furry variety)
<a href="http://www.sizebooru.com">Sizebooru - post your size related art collection!</a>
chief
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby Cye-chan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:58 am

Just to let you all know. This is a conversation I had with one of the admin there over PM. I'll note I wasn't using my alias I was using here. No I'm not going to tell you what is is. :P

"Hey, welcome to the forums. I just wanted to remind you that we discourage low-content comments, at least in our creative section--if you're going to reply to someone's work, please write at least a sentence, and maybe mention someting you like about it. For future reference, just please try to elaborate a little ;)"

my response.

"ah okay. My policy is always has always been if I see something l like it better to say something about it than nothing at all..

I guess I just be lurking from now on."

the admin response.

"On someplace like gtscity, that would be true. However, we're trying to promote the arts here, and part of that involves giving good feedback. If people see others posting one-word responses to pictures, they'll be inclined to go the low-effort route as well. In this case, just saying "nice" is pretty much the same as saying nothing at all, I'm afraid. :P

I really wish that wasn't a deal breaker for you. Literally all you would have to do is say a single thing you like about the picture. "Nice! I love how you drew their breasts," for example, would be a perfectly good comment. It takes all of five seconds to write. Can you really not spare that much brain power? It's kind of disappointing."

Judge for yourselves.
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii!
Cye-chan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Macro Chat