Five Minute Macrophile

The big general discussion board.

Five Minute Macrophile

Postby Narzain » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:19 am

So, I had an idea on another thread that if all of us lurkers and every-so-oftens took five minutes or so every week or two to post something here, be it a short vignette, a quick sketch, or what have you, then we might bring this site's activity levels back up to, well, macro levels. Naturally, it took me a few weeks before I actually accomplished anything. But, here's my first contribution to the Five Minute Macro Challenge. (Yeah, it took much more than five minutes to write, but it's a concept thing.)

Five Minute Macrophile – September 2018, Week One

“Climb on my shoulders so you can see.”

Explosions filled the air with light and noise. Sean blinked at the onslaught against his eyes and ears, then laughed and clapped his hands at the sheer spectacle of it all. Streaks of red, blossoms of yellow, gouts of blue seared across the sky, accompanied by plumes of white, grey, black and green vapors. Underscoring the visual excess was a sustained rumbling punctuated with regular loud thuds, shrill whistles, and the everchanging roar of many voices. The husky kicked his paws in joy. Maria had been right, he thought. The view from her shoulders was unbeatable.

Explosions filled the air with deadly shrapnel, blinding flares, and deafening cacophony. Gerard dove to the muddy ground, his scream of pain and terror lost in the wave of overpressure that smashed him flat. As quickly as he had fallen, he scrambled to his feet, trying to outrun the horror all around him. Streaks of flame and missile exhaust, blossoming detonations of aircraft, and the blue of ruptured and ignited gas lines seared his vision. SAM contrails, smoke from countless burning buildings, and tendrils of failed chemical weapon attacks choked his nose and throat. The dull rumble of ongoing artillery fire had become background noise compared to the crack of fresh explosions, the shriek of missile launches, and the screams of a thousand terrified voices, his own included. The fox’s shoulders twitched violently as another building mere yards to his left was slammed into rubble by a titanic black-and-grey paw. Against his will, his eyes tracked up from that terrible paw, up legs big as a skyscraper to a torso shrouded in what looked like a toga or short robe in some crimson fabric. Arms just as powerful as the legs swung with awful precision, swatting aircraft from the sky, suffering no more damage from the impact than the rest of the gargantuan body had from the best the Defense Forces could throw at her. For it was, unmistakably, a female wolf nearly two hundred feet tall who had wrought all of this carnage. As his city crumbled and burned around him, Gerard could only wonder, why? What offense could they have committed to have such calamity rained down on them?

Sean stared down at the destruction far below, taking a good look down Maria’s cleavage in the process. He whispered in her ear, trusting her enhanced senses to hear him, the quiet words filtered out of battleground chaos. “Thanks, honey. Best birthday present ever.”
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Return to Macro Chat