This place

The big general discussion board.

Re: This place

Postby zekoalives » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:42 am

CrazyMike wrote:
zekoalives wrote:
joshimus wrote:i check back here from time to time to see if any new stories or art pop up XD

even though bumz uses the adult section like his on personal advertising page

*shrugs* I mean, I kinda noticed, but I wasn't gonna say anything.

I avoided saying anything because some forums (not saying this one) tend to favor artists or premium members and was worried if I mentioned anything I would get in trouble. It does ruin the concept of an art forum since it's self promotion of something for sale rather than sharing actual images.

I mean... some of us here have our fave artists, like me with macrokat. But I see what ya mean.
"These boots weren't made for walking... doesn't mean I can't kick your ass..."
 /l、 NYAN!
(°
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

Love? For fools and romantics. And I'm a fool. COUNT ME IN! (also kinda dead)
zekoalives
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby joshimus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:34 am

I wasn't sure if he was premium or not but I mean it's kinda out of hand at this point cause even if another person posts some art it is gonna get over shadowed in like a week
As I rise you fall
joshimus
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby chessman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 am

It seemed like the beginning of the end when "The last post wins" thread was locked. It then seemed a bit too serious after that.
Making my next plan!
chessman
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zekoalives » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:20 pm

chessman wrote:It seemed like the beginning of the end when "The last post wins" thread was locked. It then seemed a bit too serious after that.

Yeah... then old friends left.
 /l、 NYAN!
(°
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

zekoalives
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby CrazyMike » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:00 am

Yeah, but then again some people just disappear and it hurts sometimes when they're good friends. AIM doesn't exist anymore and it was the only thing I used at the library when I first got into macro/micro stuff (and I never had my own computer at home until recent years) when I would chat and e-mail someone named Torrey. I haven't talked to them since around 2000, but it was plenty of fun.

My real opinions about the art forums are to share art, not to advertise. That should have it's own forum because it's misleading. I work at a grocery store and I'm not posting pictures of stuff to promote the store if I found a forum about food and other stuff you buy, and I mention it intentionally because it's not to offend anyone but it's the idea of selling a product rather than being what the actual forum was intended to be.

I feel like a jerk pointing it out. I'm sorry if I bugged anyone.
CrazyMike
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Location: Minnesota or California, I move back and fourth with family

Postby zekoalives » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 am

CrazyMike wrote:Yeah, but then again some people just disappear and it hurts sometimes when they're good friends. AIM doesn't exist anymore and it was the only thing I used at the library when I first got into macro/micro stuff (and I never had my own computer at home until recent years) when I would chat and e-mail someone named Torrey. I haven't talked to them since around 2000, but it was plenty of fun.

My real opinions about the art forums are to share art, not to advertise. That should have it's own forum because it's misleading. I work at a grocery store and I'm not posting pictures of stuff to promote the store if I found a forum about food and other stuff you buy, and I mention it intentionally because it's not to offend anyone but it's the idea of selling a product rather than being what the actual forum was intended to be.

I feel like a jerk pointing it out. I'm sorry if I bugged anyone.
Didn't bug me. You have a point.
 /l、 NYAN!
(°
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

zekoalives
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zero111x99 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:33 am

I don't know if any one will see this but I have been a voyeur of this site for longer than I remember. I think I was 13 when I first came on (I admit I lied about my age like a lot of kids did back then.) it was 2004. this site introduced me to FA and the macro and micro community in general. I guess I never thought it would end. I wish I would have participated more but I didn't I just looked and read and enjoyed everyone's creativity. I just want to thank you all for the part you played in my life the joy and wonder the artists and writers made here I will never forget. I feel this is me saying good-bye to a friend
I wish I had gotten to know better and you have all these regrets all the things you wish you done or said, but I a voyeur felt compelled to wright this message I just have to say thank you to everyone even if this is the end. This site will always have a place in my heart.I hope someone see this and understands maybe another voyeur like my self.

Wishing you all the best life can give,
a Voyeur
zero111x99
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby zekoalives » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 pm

zero111x99 wrote:I don't know if any one will see this but I have been a voyeur of this site for longer than I remember. I think I was 13 when I first came on (I admit I lied about my age like a lot of kids did back then.) it was 2004. this site introduced me to FA and the macro and micro community in general. I guess I never thought it would end. I wish I would have participated more but I didn't I just looked and read and enjoyed everyone's creativity. I just want to thank you all for the part you played in my life the joy and wonder the artists and writers made here I will never forget. I feel this is me saying good-bye to a friend
I wish I had gotten to know better and you have all these regrets all the things you wish you done or said, but I a voyeur felt compelled to wright this message I just have to say thank you to everyone even if this is the end. This site will always have a place in my heart.I hope someone see this and understands maybe another voyeur like my self.

Wishing you all the best life can give,
a Voyeur

Not sure it's actually an end of the site. I think it's just that people moved on with their lives.
 /l、 NYAN!
(°
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

zekoalives
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Narzain » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:46 pm

I too have a long (albeit quiet) history here. My net access has been sporadic at best, but I still check in every so often. I do accept my small part in the decline of the sight; there are at least three stories in limbo that I fully intended to post, but never got around to finishing. RL: 1, Hobbies: 0.

Still, I don't consider this site dead yet. There are still quite a few of us floating around, peeking in once in a while. We just need to do more than look and shake our heads. Even if it's something tiny, we should try to post something. Even one snippet a week, or one macro-related thought, anything at all relevant. I bet if we all did that, we'd be surprised just how many people we still have. I'm looking at you, fellow lurkers. And I'm looking at me. Just because the heavy lifters have moved on doesn't mean nothing can happen. Five minutes out of a busy week. What do you say?
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Macro Chat